Saphris

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Dec 7, 2010 at 9:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what did "Those recent premium and deductible increases came after Obama's healthcare legislation passed...." mean?

Quality health care? The how come our life expectancy is less than any of the countries with a gov't run health care system? We pay for things we don't need just to argue we have the best system.

BTW: medicare is gov't run. I'm sure all the senior citizens of this country would like to see it ended, right? I sure hope none of your parents are on it.

Open your eyes-the system is broken-has been since the late 40s. when Truman was the first who tried to fix it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_insurance_in_the_United_States

And, you're basically losing money by taking an employer based health plan. As mentioned on the previous cited wikipedia site: "Although workers are effectively paid less than they would be, because of the cost of insurance premiums to the employer...."

But, go ahead-keep dreaming.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Doofus,

Republicans had not controlled the house since 1952. Since 1945, eleven congress' were controlled by democrats while a democrat was the president. Eleven more congress' were controlled by democrats while a republican was president. That is 44 years of complete legislative control, of which 22 included a democrat as president for complete control of the executive and legislative branches. Nearly half a century, fool...get a clue about the origins of the debt.

And get your facts straight. The in 2001 the 107th congress was split--democrats controlled the senate. If you are going to post, at least do some basic research first. I know it is hard to turn off Oprah and Dr. Oz and Olbermann, but sometimes you have to do it.

But like so many at Merck, you ignore facts because they are inconveniently correct.

Signed,

The History Buff who actually knows the history.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My "recent premium and deductible increases..." comment meant just that: RECENT. I didn't say that there have not been any increases prior to the "recent" timeframe. My point was that Obama's legislation only caused costs to rise further.

Yes, Medicare is government-run and it is on the verge of collapse. Anything the government touches (social security) becomes a disaster.

I would prefer to not have any deductions taken from my paycheck and be solely responsible for my own healthcare coverage as well as retirement.

If we are responsible for buying house and car insurance, then why not health insurance? And as long as companies are willing to continue offering healthcare as a benefit and means of attracting talent, all the better.

Everyone has to have "skin in the game"; otherwise it becomes a handout and the system is abused.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Try again, dude.

So, I will go with you implying that the 'recent increases' where those of this year. Yet, the recent healthcare plan has not added anything to the cost of your insurance. Only a small portion of the plan is even in effect right now-being able to keep your kids on the plan up to age 26 and change in liability. But, as you acknowledged, the cost of insurance has been going up in the past. So, where were you when blame should have been put on the Bush adminsitration for letting it happen? But, in reality the cost has been going up nearly every year and this despite another large profit year by the insurance industry: http://www.healthinsurance.org/blog/2010/11/15/insurance-company-profits-up-41-percent/

Medicare isn't going under and neither is Social Security. Remember-Reagan took care of that...ha, ha. Though, as a country we have to start thinking of when do we allow people to draw on the funds. Yes, eventually their could be a problem as the current format of the plans was not designed to cover people living until they're 75+ y.o. That's why it is 'in danger.' But, this is again-Americans wanting something for nothing.

And your statement "If we are responsible for buying house and car insurance, then why not health insurance? " You aren't responsible for buying car insurance. It is mandated-if you have a car-you must have insurance. If you don't there is a penalty-fines, loss of car, license. Pretty much just like what is proposed for the new mandate to have health insurance.

But, the take home is: we ration health care right now-including your own. Take a look at the policy you have-probably a $1M lifetime limited liability. That's rationing. The new health care plan eliminates that. It also eliminates loss of coverage if you lose a job-a real possibility around this place nowadays. With your thoughts, I sure hope you aren't one of the losers that Mother decides to get rid of.

As far as companies supplying healtcare, again-it wasn't always that way. Companies are tyring hard to get rid of it. Again, corporations aren't in it to make you happy, they're in it to make money. Oh, BTW: only 60% of the large corporations in America supply healthcare plans to their employees.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your insurance went up to make more money for the insurance company. That's it. Nothing more. Period.

They're in the business to make money-they do it by controlling their payouts against what they take in.

But, since you brought up-recent:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Aetna-announces-big-dividend-apf-4201480774.html?x=0

Why not just give money back to their customers? Whoops, my bad, they did-they're going to pay a dividend to their stockholders-their true customers.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Take a look at the policy you have-probably a $1M lifetime limited liability. That's rationing. The new health care plan eliminates that. It also eliminates loss of coverage if you lose a job-a real possibility around this place nowadays. With your thoughts, I sure hope you aren't one of the losers that Mother decides to get rid of."

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well....all I can tell you is, if all your skill sets lined up look like and administrative asst., you're in for a rude awakening. I'm an admin by profession and there's no jobs there either.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The subject used to be Saphris on this string. Political rants of any flavor might satisfy their respective authors but they never resolve anything, it seems. Usually they spiral down to personal attacks. Staying on point for Saphris has a small chance at least of enlightening some of us and that could provide us with some personal or professional advantage.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, topics diverge from time to time.

This one is a no-brainer...what more do you need to know about Saphris to reach the conclusion that everyone else has?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well, with another generic entering the class near the end of this year, and the fact that Saphrass offers no advantage over any others in the class, I'd say all the Saphritres need to be polishing up those resumes and keeping their eyes open for the next great sales job.

The brightest and best of SGP soon to be scattered!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No Frank Amato will save his loosers, he always does. Just ask T.Wetzel and M. Meehan in Sales Training

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any talk of them dumping this altogether.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any changes coming?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you kidding me?! This is one of Fred's 5 Shining Stars! It would be a blockbuster if you just went out and sold it. Best in class!

flush it now~

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any out there who received a bonus this year?
    2012....expect any better?