Euflexxa will over take Synvisc

Discussion in 'Genzyme' started by Anonymous, Feb 15, 2006 at 11:15 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. mtl

mtl Guest

Oh yes and BTW I am LIVING the data. If you havent tried it don't knock it.I can walk and that is all that matters.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

silly silly euflexxa

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is amusing to say the least to see sales reps battle over whose product is better. Not surprisingly, most people claim the product they sell is superior and then go on to curse and belittle the other reps--very scientific.

I'm an Euflexxa patient; I also have a Ph.D. and do research for a living. I can't speak for the other products but Euflexxa most definitely works. Their research shows non-inferior results in relief and duration (marketing lingo for essentially equal) with significantly fewer adverse reactions. I get my shots at a large sports medicine practice and the doctors seem very satisfied with it. As a patient that is all I need to know, really.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is amusing to see how stupid you are. Euflexxa works for 12 weeks with 3 shots, Synvisc One works for 26 weeks with one shot. That isn't a claim, it's a fact. With a Ph.D. you should be able to do simple math. Your doctors don't know shit, and seem satisfied because ignorance is bliss. You seem like a perfect match.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think Euflexxa's "significantly lower adverse events" could be key. Especially because Genzyme doesn't always report theirs, so it may be more significant than we know.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ass wipe, Genzyme doesnt have to report adverse events because its a myth that you created. Euflexxa sucks and amazingly is only on the market because of Synvisc. Compare your crap to any other visco and Euflexxa is in the garbage dump. You beat up Synvisc but fail to remember that your only on the market because you rode its coat tails.

By the way, know your facts, Synvisc One had to prove a seperation from placebo and did that, I'm sure Euflexxa could not. Remember ass wipe, if you criticize Synvisc your criticizing your own damn product!

Put down the crack pipe and stop drinking the Ferring cool aid.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uh, hello? There are plenty of adverse events for Synvisc. I used to work at Genzyme and I'm the one who would get the phone calls. But I can also tell you that we did report them.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for calling me stupid, I had a good laugh. Don't believe the brochures; I suggest you read the research papers instead. I bet Synvisc brochures claim Euflexxa lasts 12 weeks because that is how long the multi-center, head-to-head comparison lasted. That's called bending the truth in my book. If you have scientific proof to the contrary I'd be glad to read it. (You will probably tell me the study did not go further because Euflexxa wore off, noone knows that and I rather stick to facts in hand.) As far as I can tell, Synvisc came out behind in quite a few fronts, -especially- adverse effects. All of that said, I never said anything "bad" about Synvisc, I just said Euflexxa seemed like a good choice based on data and the use at the practice I go to. Those doctors that "don't know shit" treat the Pittsburgh Steelers, someone should warn those athletes!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well now it all makes sense. You see a bunch of red neck hillbillies out in Sh*tsburg. Before you run off at the mouth you should read all the data. The first question you should as yourself is why didn't they do a 6 month study? Next your you should look at the other study with 5 injections for 20 weeks. Additionally, it's been 5 years where's the 6 month indication? You have 3 company funded studies and only 1 met a 6 month criteria. Bottom line, it may work but it's no more effective than a steroid which you could get for a fraction of the cost. So keep pretending you're a patient you pee on Ferring rep.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...and no one is amazed that a Genzyme employee isn't aware that adverse events must be reported? Reporting adverse events is a myth......really???? Number one on the list when Sanofi takes over, do some federal regulatory training.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just wanted to share my experience as a patient; you can believe what you want. Keep insulting people like you're a 10-year-old arguing in recess, I've been deeply impressed by the strength of your arguments. Have a nice day.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! If that's how you talk to patients (i.e., friends and family) who ask you about whether they should get your product, I gotta know - Is that how you "sell" to your customers too? Jesus Christ - get ahold of yourself. I'm an HA patient too and happen to work in the ortho industry for a company that doesn't have one. Am looking on here to see if synvisc sounds any better than the depuy product I was given. But with all the hostilities I could care less to encourage my doc (and any of my other ortho customers) to switch to your product. Great selling demeanor.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. A double-blind, randomized, saline-controlled study of the efficacy and safety of EUFLEXXA for treatment of painful osteoarthritis of the knee, with an open-label safety extension (the FLEXX trial).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19539353

2. A double-blind randomized controlled trial comparing alternate forms of high molecular weight hyaluronan for the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16242361

3. Viscosupplementation with hylan G-F 20: a 26-week controlled trial of efficacy and safety in the osteoarthritic knee.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9663358

Article 1 and 2 are Euflexxa trials. Article 1 shows superiority of Euflexxa over placebo at 26 weeks; article 2 shows non-inferiority (slight superiority but not statistically significant) of Euflexxa vs. Synvisc at 3, 6, 9, and 12 weeks, with significantly lower incidence of adverse events.

Article 3 is a Synvisc trial. It also shows superiority of Synvisc over placebo at 26 weeks. The Synvisc test is weight bearing; the Euflexxa test in Article 1 is a 50-foot walk. Unfortunately, this makes it impossible to compare the two studies side by side: not even the placebo results are comparable. Could Synvisc be better beyond 12 weeks? Could be--there's no evidence either way.

Article 2 was the deciding factor for me.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Definition of a myth: "a traditional story accepted as history; serves to explain the world view of a people"...Based on that definition, I guess I can understand why they told you that adverse event reporting is a myth. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but there is no Santa Claus and yes, Virginia, you do have to report adverse events to the FDA.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Excuse me, but Genzyme does report AE's to the FDA. I work in Safety. I've submitted them myself.

That said, given what morons some of our reps are, I'm sad to say I'm not surprised that one of them would think you don't have to report them or that we don't have any.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, so that was the one and only rep that missed the extensive FDA compliance training that Genzyme provides at their infamous NSMs? I have news for you, you might be reporting AEs to the FDA, but if you're not getting them from the reps, you're not reporting them. That's kind of a novel way of keeping down the number of AERs.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good lord, man, I didn't mean one as in just one. And your comment makes me wonder about your own motives here. Reps are not the only source for AE reports. Every product has a PI with a way to contact Genzyme. We'd get reports from patients, pharmacists, surgeons, and, yes, reps.

Genzyme has a lot of issues, but we were pretty proactive about making sure we were getting AE's into the system.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Patients, surgeons and pharmacists can report, they don't have to. Genzyme, as in GENZYME, all encompassing, anyone who works for them who is in the capacity to do so, including sales reps, must report. Sales reps are on the front line seeing what's going on. If they aren't aware that they are required to report adverse events, a huge part of the puzzle is missing. So, you have to admit, to hear a sales rep say that adverse event reporting is a myth is, to say the least, somewhat disconcerting. And if one is saying it, you have to wonder how many more are saying it. That's a huge red flag.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe you guys are misinterpreting the poster that used the word "myth"--the intended meaning, I think, is that Synvic's talked-about AEs would be a myth. It's a little obscured in the post, with all that person's cursing and frothing at the mouth, I will give you that :)

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you're giving that poster a little too much benefit of the doubt. He said, "Ass wipe, Genzyme doesnt have to report adverse events because its a myth that you created." Along with his cursing and frothing (and complete disregard for the proper use of an apostrophe), he specifically said that Genzyme doesn't have to report adverse events, not that Synvisc's AEs are a myth. If you are correct, though, it is still a little frightening that a sales rep wouldn't know about Synvisc's AEs.