Major Layoffs at Abbott Diagnostics

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Jan 15, 2013 at 6:21 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am touched by your empathy. You will hear me rattling my tin cup in a few weeks in front of the Abbott Park entrance on Waukegan. Feel free to make a donation to the ex-Abbott Employee Survival Foundation for which I am founder and and CEO. I will look for you. I will make sure all fired employees are taken care of with your generous monthly donation of just 80 cents a day. Just 80 cents a day. Less than the cost of an oatmeal at the cafeteria. Think of it and all the good you can do. We also accept oatmeal.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking of oatmeal, will the Abbott Cafeterias be offering free oatmeal in February again this year? It keeps us regular. At least in February.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, what sad and sick people you are. If you don't get help from Charter, please, get help somewhere.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Temecula

Heard the layoffs were delayed. They were supposed to happen around Jan. 23 and now will happen before the end of Feb.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Layoffs have started today!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They should layoff the IT department with there Active Directory people. What a cut throat group.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Abbott Laboratories on Tuesday laid off an unspecified number of workers, including some at its Lake County headquarters

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More than 100 were let go on Tuesday at Abbott Diagnostics

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are there any new updates?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is that January 23rd layoff for 2014 or 2015?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone please lay me off. This job of contract management is killing me. I want to sell and we have a bunch of reps running around managing contracts, doing admin., and asking for credits. I LOVE TO SELL:) This job is not selling. What happened?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are wrong the company is for sale. Has been for a long time. Something will happen in the next year.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, we are just getting things cleaned up for a sell? Is that what you are saying?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely Miles has planned this for a long time.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes more layoffs are scheduled for tomorrow.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obviously written by someone stuck in Ohio...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any News for Lake Couty site this year ?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not sure what year but yes more layoffs are scheduled for tomorrow.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2014 and then 2015. Its an annual event kind of like winter.