Any former employees get letter about overpayment from pension plan?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, May 14, 2012 at 12:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I quit 4 years ago and got a recent letter stating I wqas overpaid when I cashed out my cash pension plan. I called GSK HR, but they basically say I owe this money and many other got a similar letter recently. Its been 4 years! I said I am not paying anything until I see the calculations, but was wondering if any other former employees got a similar letter recently?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got the same letter about 3 years after I left. I told them to send me the calculations of the error on papaer and I would have my accountant and attorney look at them. They never contacted me again. I think this is a money grab by GSK. Don't send any money and keep asking for documentation. they will eventually leave you alone.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got another letter for the 401K this time asking for even more money. I asked for the calculations and they said they were sending them. We will see how this plays out. They said they sent out letters to a bunch of people.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting! The company cheats over $5 billion in taxes during the Zantac days, commits frauds and commits theft against the U.S. tax payers and guess who is next? That's right! The very people that provide the fancy cars and the private jets for Sir Andrew and his crew! Well get in line when thinking this company has F'ed you over, because this company exemplifies what a sociopath is. No friends just victims and accomplices that in turn become victims. Just a terrible company brought to you by terrible people.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you are full of it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you can cash out your cash balance pension plan? hmmm. I've left it alone for the 5% interest. Can I roll it into a 401k?

I resigned about 2 years ago. My only regret is I wasn't laid off and given a sweet severence.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, you can roll over your pension into an IRA which might be paying more than the current interest rate which I think now is 4.5%

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Retired October 07. Cashed out November 07. Recieved letter of overpayment summer of 08. Had my accountant review calculations. I repaid the amount.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well then we can see why you were a drug rep your entire career. You were not smart enough to do anything else. Enjoy your retirement!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could this be the company posting?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AZ rep here. Mercer handles our pension plan. Many of us have received letters saying that we were overpaid. I took a lump sum, and they can kiss my ass if they try and say they overpaid me! Does Mercer handle your pension as well?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left in January of 07 and still have my pension there for the steady interest........was gonna roll it over this summer, but wondering now if they will say they "overpaid" me when I take it out or if that was a one time deal. How much did they say you were overpaid----what is a percentage or a number?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not sure that I would believe this crap.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you should have spaced your replies longer. looking at the times, it looks like one person is sending out these posts

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A penis pump may be needed to relieve the pain of giving back money

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes it is. Typical PLANT waiting for the fertilizer of gsk.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once again, you show us you are even more stupid than before.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GSK just took my Retiree Benefits.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Liar. Retiree benefits intact.