My version of 15 by 15

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Sep 24, 2011 at 7:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey 15 by 15 Guy....I love you and want to meet you.

I guess you knew this would happen someday....you are the envy of the sales force....
    the Dos Equis guy of mother Merck...

Docs write for you, because you are you...HR speaks of you, and they are afraid...

I will meet you this Friday...on the corner of Telecon and Comet...just be your self...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love you too and would love to meet you. Meeting on the corner of Telecon & Comet on a Friday? I don't have anything to do with Telecon & Comet on any Friday!

Fridays are my gateway to the weekend. Well, that's a lie. Sometimes my weekends start on Tuesday. I'm just sitting here this Monday morning planning out my week. It's gonna be a hot one! I think today I will head to a nice cool theatre and watch the new Batman movie then go to the gym. You should join me. Remember, this is the "Summer of Me". Enjoy!

Regards,

The 15 x 15 Guy

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here,

How many of you have embraced my 15x15 lifestyle so far? Whats cool is that when I go to meetings I sometimes hear reps say something about it. I have to be cool and bite my tongue so my cover isn't blown but it's cool knowing that I was the one who started it.

I really have not done much in the way of work for months. My numbers are good and my manager isn't on my case. I seriously work only 10-12 hours per week and some days I don't work at all other than just listen to VM or check emails.

I met with a friend a couple weeks ago who was pushed out out by Merck almost two years ago. I bought him and his wife a great meal and Merck paid for it. He told me all the crap his manager was making up about him and all the stress he was under. His wife gave her opinion as well. I didn't realize just how much pressure these managers put on reps to try to make them leave. Constant field visits that he knew would be negative before the day even started were the norm. The lies and deceit from management were constant. And this was a good, solid award winning rep. His only problem was his age and the fact that his base pay was higher.

Examples like this is why I don't give a rat's ass anymore. Everyone of us is aging and once you hit that certain point, they will do the same damn thing to you as well. It's the Merck way. I say screw them. Embrace the 15x15 lifestyle, you'll be glad you did!

Havin' a great summer,

The 15x15 Guy

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're an American hero, 15x15 Guy! I couldn't agree with you more.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best post on the board. Clearly, you are an intelligent individual and you have managed to put things in the right perspective. I am not there yet, but I am trying.

Maybe you should offer more coaching tips. I am sure they would be hilarious and would help others get control of their horrendous wok life here at Merck.

Ride on other brother, you are a hero to many.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then leave! THis place rocks
    GO MERCK!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really funny. Go 15x15 guy! I haven't worked for Merck in a few years because when Merck bought SP I got stuck w/an idiot robot SP manager who didn't know his head from his ass. Worked for over 10yrs w/Merck and took away a nice 401k and will get a decent pension amount every month when I get old enough. I found a job in a different industry, thanks to a very good friend, and make more now. Usually this not the case. My SP mgr was leaning on me through HR and I saw the writing on the wall. I should thank him because I am so much happier than I have ever been. I hope everyone still left at Merck embraces the 15x15. I know I did the last 5 years I was there. btw, I won VP Premier the last 3 of 5 years I was there. Ha..what a f'n joke. InVentiv will take over the sales. I hope everyone is prepared!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why should I leave? The 15x15 Lifestyle Rocks & Merck sucks. Getting paid a six figure salary for working around 10 hours a week is a great gig. I'm gonna ride this horse until it dies.

Rockin the 15x15!

The 15x15 Guy

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At some point, when this crazy ride is all over, you should consider authoring a book. There is more than enough material to pen several novels, and you might even go outside of Merck to get more stories.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You wouldn't believe how many people have suggested that I write a book about my Merck experience. Unfortunately, legalities preclude this enticing act.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here. I would love to write a book or even just sit at a hotel bar with all of you at the next meeting and swap stories over a few becerages. But, not wanting to blow my cover, I just can't do that. I know you all understand. I wish I could tell you all my secrets that make this just easier and puts less strain on my wallet by having Merck pay for stuff. I worked 90 minutes so far today and just got back from the gym to check VM for the final time. Take care!

Hop on the 15x15 train!

Signed,

The 15x15 Guy

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought my 15 by 15 plan was cool...15 Juvisync Prescriptions By 2015. Do you think it's too ambitious?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

good for you

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The 6 T's

Ten Til two, Tuesday to Thursday

F U Merck!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have f'd COUNTLESS people, not just reps. F them. Be well.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best and most intelligent post on the board.

When a company sends such a clear and repetitive message that hard work, creativity and work ethic are not the criteria by which a person can excel...than anyone that continues to butt their head against the wall...can and should be defined as stupid.

The 15 by 15 guy inherently knows this, has turned off his guilt and is taking care of himself and family.

Choo Choo Hop on the peace train brothers and sisters.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just went back and found this post----Sept 24, 2011. It might be the best that I've seen on the Merck board. I wish that I realized this long ago.

Take note, some of us will be next. It's been happening for a long time, I just haven't realized it until recently.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ames and Boone and home by noon. Been doing it that way for quite awhile. As long as the numbers are there, everybody's happy!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's a pretty good "Story" to tell...lol

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many of you have requested I post some tips on how I do what I do. First of all remember, this job isn't really about what you do. It's all about what your manager THINKS you do. You want to live the 15x15 life? Then you first need to understand this simple rule.

Let me start with a couple tips that will help you begin to take the first step.

Check VM & email early and late. Leave some messages and respond to manager too. Remember, everything we do on the computer or phone is time stamped. Leaving or responding to messages before or after "normal work hours" shows them that you are "engaged" with your job and going the extra mile. Remember, you can leave a VM at 6:30 am just before you tee off. Your CTL doesn't know where you are, just that you are up and "engaged" with your job already at 6:30 am. Also, anytime you can respond back quickly to a request by your CTL, it looks good. It doesn't matter if you are working at that time or on the beach or the golf course.

Throw a bone to the S3 and engage them as well. Reason? Who is the first person in the district that the manager is going to go to if they suspect you aren't doing your job? It will be the S3. They are the "brown nosers" that were handpicked by the CTL and DCO. If the S3 believes you are doing your job and tells that to the CTL, you are fine.

These two things don't take much time at all and will help you build credibility and trust with your manager. If you have that, then you have taken the biggest step towards living the 15x15 life style and all the benefits that come with it.

Remember, it's all about creating the illusion of being that hard working rep. You must begin with this first before you can reap the rewards later. Then later you can actually be out of your territory and on vacation for a week without even using a vacation day! I should know, I've done this more than a couple times, totally out of state! Now that's rewarding! Much better than any NMIP points that I've ever received for sure!

You also need to fully understand that Merck does not give a damn about you. To them, you are just a number on a spreadsheet attached to a dollar amount. You are just the cost of them doing business, nothing more, nothing less. They can, they have, and they will continue to save money by reducing head count. Their tactics are vile, deceitful and dishonest on their part and will continue in an effort to save Mother big $$$ by getting targeted reps to leave on their own accord. If you aren't "all in" on this belief, you may get eaten up by the guilt of doing what I do. You really must be "FU Merck" mode 24/7/365. Are you up for this?

If these are helpful and you want more tips, let me know. I will post what I can. Remember, I'm not going to post anything that will give away my cover or lead Merck to change the way they monitor us. I have some great tactics that I have refined and employ that give me tons of freedom and saves me money.

Take care!

Signed,

The 15x15 Guy