Is RMSR Training Important or Needed?

Discussion in 'Job-Seekers' started by Anonymous, Nov 13, 2008 at 3:16 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have RMSR and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Waste of money and time. I took it off my resume after a sales manager was giving me hard time about it during my interview. Most important thing employers look for is a successful sales track record. Can you sell? Do you present well. Do you fit the image?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is extremely comprehensive training. There is no way that a company or a sales manager would give anyone a hard time about getting educated in medical devices. Any training is good. I have to be very skeptical about the above blog, why would they be negative about vocational knowledge. Even if it was unaccredited it would have to only help no matter how in-depth it was.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm happy I read this thread before investing in a bag of worthless magic beans. I spoke with a resume writer who said the same thing. She reinforced the point that the job is about sales and everything you need to know about the company and the products they will teach you during training.
    I know everyone is looking for a way to get into pharma sales, but investing in this program is counterproductive.
    I took the advice of others who recommended a great resume writer who had experience working with b2b candidates and hired her. She gave me real advice for my resume and ways to get in front of a hiring manager. She even had recruiters she refered me to.
    I couldn't agree more with the above poster. Take that RMSR off your resume before antoher hiring manager laughs you out of his office.
    I'm just saying...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I disagree. Makes people look like they were unsuccessful at getting in so they went as far as paying some scheme. If you have it, keep i off resume.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the argument on this one is pretty simple. I personally took the RMSR for training purposes. Not really sure why you wouldnt want some form of training for the field you want to go into....besides that, a recruiter recommended it for me. It wasnt impossibly hard but it helped. For starters I had no clue there were so many different areas in med sales. At the end of the day, I could articulate my way through the interviews and I didnt need to "sell myself," just be myself.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The RMSR certificate is extreamly helpfull, it tought me the industry knowledge which i believe you should know before entering a job. Like a blog above said it is vocational trainning, and to me trainning never hurts, it just validates my experience and knowledge. As well the RMSR is accreditted nationally, i found this by calling the department of labor and education to make sure i was spending my money the right way. it is not for everyone, but if you can do it i recomend it it will give you a legs up in the industry, major companies do look for it.

7. RMSRBooks

RMSRBooks Guest

Hello to everyone

I am a trainner for some Major Medical device companies, i have some used RMSR books that i am selling for $149. email me at rmsrusedbooks@gmail.com, this way you buy the book, and then pay only for the test it will save you some MONEY!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the cost to just take the test?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would recommend the RMSR as it was the reason I was interviewed for a medical sales job with Intuitiv. From what I have learned is that if you lack industry knowledge or medical education this is the best program out there for entry level medical sales.

10. Hi,
    I am curious as to what your background is. I am 2 semesters away from completing my Bachelors of Science/Nursing (BSN), I have 2 years of clinical experience and prior to returning to college, I had over 15 years of successful sales(not in medical field).
    I have heard good and bad reviews about the RMSR, but one of the concerns that I have is that I have had almost 4 years of Health Science Classes and two semesters of Pharm in addition to those; and I have heard that the material is very basic---did you find that to be true?
    Thanks in advance for taking time to respond--I do appreciate it!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bard Medical is doing a career fair to hire for medical sales. They do like RMSR certified applicants so if you have it they are looking for you. Go to their website for more information.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bullshit!!! In no way is a medical company looking for a one day test on bs info.

Get some real training you troll!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The RMSR Programs is an excellent and very comprehensive program which is meant for entry level medical sales reps only. It certainly takes more than one day. The negative people here certainly need to get their facts right.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice to see who is posting all these negative comments. I guess the people at CSP are posting comments to boost their certification. The problem is that it is not utilized by the medical industry. The RMSR is only for individuals looking to enter a career in Medical Device & Equipment sales. The CSP is for all industries and does not represent the medical field. I hope that the people from the CSP keep of this blog. As a recently certified RMSR rep I take this as offensive and insulting.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The negative posts on this blog all have come from a competitor. Unfortunately, competitors and negative online marketers go on to this blog and create the illusion that they have worked or taken the RMSR and had a negative experience. This is just not the truth.

Education is always a positive but certainly does not guarantee a job. It will only qualify you for a career in medical sales which does lead to interviews. Take any negatives with a grain of salt as I they more than likely came from a competitor.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would like to buy your RMSR manual when you are done. Please email me at bradyexber@yahoo.com

Thanks.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I WOULDN'T HIRE A NEGATIVE ARROGANT GUY LIKE THIS EITHER!! SALES PEOPLE ARE POSITIVE AND LIKABLE AND THIS PERSON CLEARLY DOESN'T POSSESS ANY OF THESE ATTRIBUTES!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Intuitive Surgical is hiring trained reps from AMS, RMSR or other medical sales training programs. Go to www.intuitivesurgical.com and apply online.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have read some pretty bitter people on this blog who really must get a life. Why are they so mad. No wonder they could not get hired even with their RMSR. I got certified and found a position in 6 weeks. It wasn't my first choice which was in orthorpedic but I do now sell diagnostic testing equipment and the money is good. The RMSR is only vocational training and I learned a lot from it which is all I expected. I did not expect it to the be same as a PhD. It did open up doors and create some interviews that I would not have gotten without it.

Some of this people need to look in the mirror and figure out what is really wrong.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guys. GUYS. Settle down. Nobody "needs" this "training". There is so much misinformation being floated on this thread it is truly astonishing. This company is scamming you into believing that this is an industry standard (it isn't) and that the big thing that will differentiate you between other candidates is product/technical expertise (wrong again). They can do this based on the simple fact that there is a huge market out there of people who know nothing about this industry except that it pays well and that they want to earn more money. Most of these "reviews" are painfully transparent and fake and are probably generated by the company itself or people who have a vested financial interest in it. Let me save you $300 and tell you the truth-

There are some general rules in regards to the background that you're going to need. You need a 4 year college degree. Period. That is a universal requirement for 99.8% of these jobs. You need sales experience. Your sales experience needs to be B2B. Meaning, you need to sell a tangible product, not a service. Your retail sales experience is worthless. Your cell phone sales experience is worthless. Your mortgage/real estate sales experience is worthless. Go sell copiers or equipment to businesses. That's the real deal. You're not going to earn shit while you're doing it but the experience is valuable. Also, do well-hit your quota. Win awards. Save every document that shows that you are over plan for the month, quarter, year, whatever. Start networking with people. LinkedIn is your new BFF. Find medical device recruiters, company recruiters, medical device reps, managers in medical device companies. Reach out to them. Most won't give you the time of day but some will. Ask for their advice. Ask them about their industry. See if you can buy somebody coffee or lunch and learn about their job. Have them give you feedback on your resume. Once you have a few years of successful sales experience and a professional network, find the jobs that you're qualified for. Join medreps.com or something like that. Don't waste your time trying to apply for jobs that require 3-5 years of previous device experience. You'll piss people off for wasting their time. There are no shortage of smaller companies that will hire qualified B2B reps. Apply for associate level positions with large companies. Yes, these jobs suck but, again, you're qualified for them at this point and it gets your foot in the door. Most importantly, understand what your "end game" is. If you've researched the industry enough, you'll understand that a DME sales position isn't going to lead to a future job selling pacemakers. A diagnostic sales job isn't going to prepare you for the OR environment. Be picky, not desperate. Due diligence pays off in dividends. Once you're "in" do a great job, continue to document and save all evidence of your success. Learn from the more tenured people. Build a great reputation with your customers-later in your career your relationships and reputation with docs and hospitals is worth its weight in gold.

THAT is how to do this. If it seems too hard, find a new career. This shit isn't rocket science......