» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads


Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > General Discussion > Industry Veterans
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Industry Veterans This board is for reps that have been in the industry for 10 years or more. Newer reps may also post questions, etc., but please be respectful of those with experience.

Reply

 
Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #51  
Old 09-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I\'m a 52 year old unemployed ..... am I too old to get hired!

Ventiv, PDI ,any contract company. Contracts can lead to a rollover to the Big Pharma Company. I retired from what is now Sanofi-Aventis, went contract and was rolled over to the contract company and made more money than ever in speciality care. Thought I was too old too. But still working.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-22-2005, 07:14 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I\'m a 52 year old unemployed ..... am I too old to get hired!

Just like the everready bunny!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-30-2005, 12:43 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I\'m a 52 year old unemployed ..... am I too old to get hired!

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, you are too damn old to get back into pharma. At 52 years old, no one wants to see your old wrinkly ass coming in pushing pills. You should have prepared like the generation is doing now. I am 28 years old, make over 160K in specialty pharma, have 2 franchises making over 100K a year in profit. I am sick of you old farts saying poor me, I got laid off. Get a backbone and get out there and make something of yourselves. You can't wait for things to come to you, you have to go get it. I work my ass off and have a contingincy plan to retire by 50 so I don't have to worry about this crap. Should have prepared yourself instead of depending on someone else for your future. Freakin' old people amaze me, get a life!!

[/ QUOTE ]
A friend of mine spent several years in pharma (sales, training, and management) and retired in his very early forties. Thank God he wasn't/isn't an arrogant, self centered, age biased bastard like you because I had the pleasure of being trained by him, then working for him when he went into management because I am at least 10 years older than him. If he had been a prick like you, I would have been gone from this industry 20 years ago. He is just as impressed with my perserverence in and dedication to this industry as I am of him for being able to do what he did in such a short number of years.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-30-2005, 01:05 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I\'m a 52 year old unemployed ..... am I too old to get hired!

[ QUOTE ]
Who works Friday afternoons? Ok, lets get this straight, you think that working 20 hours a week making 160K a year with a free car, 401K $ for $ up to 6%, full expense account is a weak profession and I am still in pharma? By working 20 hours a week, I own 2 very successful franchises I can seel for $500,000 a piece, but brings in profit of $100,000 a year with all the tax write offs? So your saying the smart thing to do is to get out of pharma, go into device making 250K a year working 80 hours a week and on a pager. Did they have math when you went to school 45 years ago? One thing you cannot take back is time. I only work 20 hours a week, in the top 5% of the company and will retire a multi-millionaire by 50 years old. I guess I would be angry too if I didn't prepare and I was 50 years old with no future and my kids hate me and my wife is having sex with successful 28 year olds. By the way, at meetings, I am one of the youngest reps in Oncology. Your 50 your old wives are the ones hitting on me and wanting to have sex with me because I am successful and their old ass husbands got laid off because they didn't prepare. I am having sex with your wives at these meetings, over 20 women over 40 since I started 3 years ago. So I guess I would be angry too, when your wives call all tired to "check in" at their POA meetings about 10pm, they fake it and put on some sexy clothes and go down to the bar in the hotel and get drunk with me, then we go back to their room and have sex like animals. Many times a picture of you is by the night stand. I look at your old crusty, wrinkly faces while I am tearing it up from behind. So yes, you all have a reason to be angry and jealous of my success. You have nothing, no job, kids that hate you, and a wife that is getting it on the side. What a miserable life, you should have prepared crusties!! What a great world this is!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that it is possible to be very hard driving, make a lot of money early, get promoted or transfer over to even higher paying division/companies, and to wisely invest as you claim. What is not realistic is to assume that everyone has the same business accumen, investment expertise, and franchise opportunities that you claim so haughtily. I know these things CAN be done. What we question is whether you, the OP, has actually accomplished these things.
Even smug assholes can be good businessmen. Even successful people can be such snobs that they want to rub shit in the face of anyone who has not or can not accomplish what you claim. But where you really revealed yourself as a true lying idiot was when you started making the sexual claims.
You say this about yourself: you are about 5'3" tall, weigh about 120 pounds soaking wet, were a virgin until you were 23 (your sister and nieces do not count), you are stuck in a rut of a job somewhere but have a near psychotic capacity for fantasy, you hate all old people because that ARE more successful than you (and maybe because the Uncle who introduced you to the world of homosexuality. but would not hire you to work for HIS company was over 50, had horrendous halitosis, and smelled of stale cigar smoke and Old Spice), and you fear getting old more than anything on this earth.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-30-2005, 01:13 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I\'m a 52 year old unemployed ..... am I too old to get hired!

Oh, yeah, and have a 2.5", 43 second lasting dick.
And OP meant the asshole doing the bragging and age bashing, not the gentleman or lady who actually started the post with a legitimate question.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Maxwinter2001
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I'm a 52 year old unemployed ..... am I too old to get hired!

To the youngster who obviously knows all: without compassion there can be no wisdom.

To the writer who began this thread: As you've heard all your life, ". . . it's who you know." Get out and network. Don't give up. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I\'m a 52 year old unemployed ..... am I too old to get hired!

Do not fall for this 28 yr old loser who is really 38 and living in his mothers basement watching online prn. Only a true loser would say these things because they dream of this ALL of the time and thus create an online persona. Keep with it. 52 Ain't nothing and you have alot of years of left to make an impact. Be sure to stay fit and wear clothes that do not look you but look vibrant and well fitting to make yourself look serious. Grooming is very important at any age. Look at some of the more mature personalities on TV and you will see how they have kept their appearance (not skin) looking even better over the years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
[ QUOTE ]
Who works Friday afternoons? Ok, lets get this straight, you think that working 20 hours a week making 160K a year with a free car, 401K $ for $ up to 6%, full expense account is a weak profession and I am still in pharma? By working 20 hours a week, I own 2 very successful franchises I can seel for $500,000 a piece, but brings in profit of $100,000 a year with all the tax write offs? So your saying the smart thing to do is to get out of pharma, go into device making 250K a year working 80 hours a week and on a pager. Did they have math when you went to school 45 years ago? One thing you cannot take back is time. I only work 20 hours a week, in the top 5% of the company and will retire a multi-millionaire by 50 years old. I guess I would be angry too if I didn't prepare and I was 50 years old with no future and my kids hate me and my wife is having sex with successful 28 year olds. By the way, at meetings, I am one of the youngest reps in Oncology. Your 50 your old wives are the ones hitting on me and wanting to have sex with me because I am successful and their old ass husbands got laid off because they didn't prepare. I am having sex with your wives at these meetings, over 20 women over 40 since I started 3 years ago. So I guess I would be angry too, when your wives call all tired to "check in" at their POA meetings about 10pm, they fake it and put on some sexy clothes and go down to the bar in the hotel and get drunk with me, then we go back to their room and have sex like animals. Many times a picture of you is by the night stand. I look at your old crusty, wrinkly faces while I am tearing it up from behind. So yes, you all have a reason to be angry and jealous of my success. You have nothing, no job, kids that hate you, and a wife that is getting it on the side. What a miserable life, you should have prepared crusties!! What a great world this is!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that it is possible to be very hard driving, make a lot of money early, get promoted or transfer over to even higher paying division/companies, and to wisely invest as you claim. What is not realistic is to assume that everyone has the same business accumen, investment expertise, and franchise opportunities that you claim so haughtily. I know these things CAN be done. What we question is whether you, the OP, has actually accomplished these things.
Even smug assholes can be good businessmen. Even successful people can be such snobs that they want to rub shit in the face of anyone who has not or can not accomplish what you claim. But where you really revealed yourself as a true lying idiot was when you started making the sexual claims.
You say this about yourself: you are about 5'3" tall, weigh about 120 pounds soaking wet, were a virgin until you were 23 (your sister and nieces do not count), you are stuck in a rut of a job somewhere but have a near psychotic capacity for fantasy, you hate all old people because that ARE more successful than you (and maybe because the Uncle who introduced you to the world of homosexuality. but would not hire you to work for HIS company was over 50, had horrendous halitosis, and smelled of stale cigar smoke and Old Spice), and you fear getting old more than anything on this earth.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I'm a 52 year old unemployed ..... am I too old to get hired!

Forget Ventiv, especially if you have to apply thru the NY state recruiter. I was laid off after the Bayer contract. We were promised that we would be the first to be rehired. The over 50 crowd was dropped.

I've found other work but it took some time.

I agree with the insights that practicioners seem to listen to older reps, too bad the industry is so devoted to short term sales and not change agency.

As for the youngster who claims to make all the money. May he/she realise that the best things in life are not things.

Stay safe out there comrades.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-25-2008, 10:27 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I\'m a 52 year old unemployed ..... am I too old to get hired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Yes, you are too damn old to get back into pharma. At 52 years old, no one wants to see your old wrinkly ass coming in pushing pills. You should have prepared like the generation is doing now. I am 28 years old, make over 160K in specialty pharma, have 2 franchises making over 100K a year in profit. I am sick of you old farts saying poor me, I got laid off. Get a backbone and get out there and make something of yourselves. You can't wait for things to come to you, you have to go get it. I work my ass off and have a contingincy plan to retire by 50 so I don't have to worry about this crap. Should have prepared yourself instead of depending on someone else for your future. Freakin' old people amaze me, get a life!!
Just happened to be reading this thread as I am in a similar situation. I had to chuckle at this 28 year old "hot shot" and couldn't help but wonder where he/she is today???
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-19-2008, 09:31 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I\'m a 52 year old unemployed ..... am I too old to get hired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Yes, you are too damn old to get back into pharma. At 52 years old, no one wants to see your old wrinkly ass coming in pushing pills. You should have prepared like the generation is doing now. I am 28 years old, make over 160K in specialty pharma, have 2 franchises making over 100K a year in profit. I am sick of you old farts saying poor me, I got laid off. Get a backbone and get out there and make something of yourselves. You can't wait for things to come to you, you have to go get it. I work my ass off and have a contingincy plan to retire by 50 so I don't have to worry about this crap. Should have prepared yourself instead of depending on someone else for your future. Freakin' old people amaze me, get a life!!

Who are you kidding? Don't you think that someone older than you can see right through your post? 28 and making over 160K in specialty pharma? In your dreams asswipe..no one in specialty pharma is making that consistently today. Two franchises? So let me get this straight, you have been out of college for six years, and in that time worked your way up to a specialty pharma position that grosses 160K for you and bought not one but two franchises? If you own these franchises, I must be assuming that you inherited them from mommy and daddy, got financing from mommy and daddy or someone else (unless the franshise cost under 20,000 which could be a really shitty franchise) or more realistically, you are just full of shit. I have not met anyone 28 years old today who has the maturity or drive to do what you say you did and your response on this board shows a lack of maturity that would be necessary to do all that you claim. Go back to dreamland you dork because no one especially me is buying your bullshit.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 04-19-2008, 09:34 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I\'m a 52 year old unemployed ..... am I too old to get hired!

I only work 20 hours a week, in the top 5% of the company and will retire a multi-millionaire by 50 years old. I guess I would be angry too if I didn't prepare and I was 50 years old with no future and my kids hate me and my wife is having sex with successful 28 year olds. By the way, at meetings, I am one of the youngest reps in Oncology. Your 50 your old wives are the ones hitting on me and wanting to have sex with me because I am successful and their old ass husbands got laid off because they didn't prepare. I am having sex with your wives at these meetings, over 20 women over 40 since I started 3 years ago.

Let me guess. I realize that this was an old post but this guy obviously had a three inch dick, never got laid and had the crap kicked out of him every day in high school. Just a strong hunch.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-11-2013, 02:29 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Talking Re: I'm a 52 year old unemployed ..... am I too old to get hired!

160k yr, whata dumbshit.. is that big money for u u pc of shit? cant wait to see you when you are older and your big mouth got into into a big wreck and nothing but hatred from your peers. You wait and see smart guy, you will reap what you sow. Working so hard, making only 160k?? lol kids a joke!!! WORKING HIS ASS OFF FOR PEANUTS AND THEN BRAGGING ABOUT IT!!! LOL
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-16-2013, 12:43 AM
Walking Eagle's Avatar
Walking Eagle Walking Eagle is offline
cafepharma is my drug of choice
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: At the Airport
Posts: 3,730
Default Re: I\'m a 52 year old unemployed ..... am I too old to get hired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I only work 20 hours a week, in the top 5% of the company and will retire a multi-millionaire by 50 years old. I guess I would be angry too if I didn't prepare and I was 50 years old with no future and my kids hate me and my wife is having sex with successful 28 year olds. By the way, at meetings, I am one of the youngest reps in Oncology. Your 50 your old wives are the ones hitting on me and wanting to have sex with me because I am successful and their old ass husbands got laid off because they didn't prepare. I am having sex with your wives at these meetings, over 20 women over 40 since I started 3 years ago.

Let me guess. I realize that this was an old post but this guy obviously had a three inch dick, never got laid and had the crap kicked out of him every day in high school. Just a strong hunch.
yep, and you are so dynamic and rich and have a great savings portfolio that all you can score with are 50 year old married women. those are some great bragging rights...

Last edited by Walking Eagle : 12-16-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-16-2013, 10:49 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I\'m a 52 year old unemployed ..... am I too old to get hired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I only work 20 hours a week, in the top 5% of the company and will retire a multi-millionaire by 50 years old. I guess I would be angry too if I didn't prepare and I was 50 years old with no future and my kids hate me and my wife is having sex with successful 28 year olds. By the way, at meetings, I am one of the youngest reps in Oncology. Your 50 your old wives are the ones hitting on me and wanting to have sex with me because I am successful and their old ass husbands got laid off because they didn't prepare. I am having sex with your wives at these meetings, over 20 women over 40 since I started 3 years ago.

Let me guess. I realize that this was an old post but this guy obviously had a three inch dick, never got laid and had the crap kicked out of him every day in high school. Just a strong hunch.
Tell me, how do you know you will make it to 50?

Just curious. If you have a time travel device, let me know. I think we can make trillions with that.

Look forward to your response.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 04-03-2014, 11:05 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I\'m a 52 year old unemployed ..... am I too old to get hired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Yes, you are too damn old to get back into pharma. At 52 years old, no one wants to see your old wrinkly ass coming in pushing pills. You should have prepared like the generation is doing now. I am 28 years old, make over 160K in specialty pharma, have 2 franchises making over 100K a year in profit. I am sick of you old farts saying poor me, I got laid off. Get a backbone and get out there and make something of yourselves. You can't wait for things to come to you, you have to go get it. I work my ass off and have a contingincy plan to retire by 50 so I don't have to worry about this crap. Should have prepared yourself instead of depending on someone else for your future. Freakin' old people amaze me, get a life!!
I highly doubt you. Therefore your customers do as well or will learn to.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 04-12-2014, 08:55 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I\'m a 52 year old unemployed ..... am I too old to get hired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I highly doubt you. Therefore your customers do as well or will learn to.
I am with you. I hear this embellished success speak on this site on regular basis.

For one, I do not believe you for one minute. If you were all that - you would not be sucking up to a DM all day in hopes you make it through the next lay off.
Believe me. We all believed at 28 we were above it all and were going to retire at 50.
Well, then come real life comes along and................

From your attitude, I foresee at least payouts on 2 divorces in your future.

By fifty you notice it is always the same circus with different clowns. Why even bother buying a ticket? You have seen the show. Life is far improved outside of corporate America.
In corporate you have 1 winner and 1000 losers on an annual basis.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 09-22-2014, 07:58 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I'm a 52 year old unemployed ..... am I too old to get hired!

Please forgive me being late to this thread, but I found it and it really struck a chord with me.

I turned 53 this past month and I just found out that my employer is selling out to a larger company that boasts about its "energetic and enthusiastic" sales force. From experience, we all know those are probably code words for "young and underpaid". I have been with the same company, enduring layoffs, reorgs and just about everything else for over 25 years, and I have no illusions that my employment will be continued if this merger takes place. There is no rep from the other company in my territory and we don't have any competing products per se. I just don't know anyone from that acquiring company that isn't under 50. I know they fired a bunch of reps a few years back after their product went off patent, and it seems all the reps they fired were 50 or over.

I have no idea what the future will bring. I don't know whether to go back to school to get a nursing degree or what. Just venting here. I have a ton of company stock, but somehow my employer will find a way to screw us out of that.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.