» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads


Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Pharma/Biotech Companies > Pharma/Biotech Companies - General Discussion
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pharma/Biotech Companies - General Discussion General discussion board for pharma/biotech companies

Reply

 
Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #51  
Old 02-17-2010, 07:54 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What is it like working at ALexion?

These positive comments have to be coming for management. I don't know why some people are getting bashed on here. The truth is that this isn't a fun job and you truly don't know what you are getting into until you take the job. The leaders are ruthless.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-17-2010, 01:22 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What is it like working at ALexion?

Glad my gut was right and I turned them down. Heard it is crazy to work at Alexion.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-17-2010, 06:50 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What is it like working at ALexion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Glad my gut was right and I turned them down. Heard it is crazy to work at Alexion.
Something better will come along. You did the right thing.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What is it like working at ALexion?

What is it like? Out in the trenches its bullets everyday. The company says 16 PNH cases per million, the data says 4. You are held 7 as a quota. Docs have never seen a patient and are reluctant to sell the patient on a 400K drug even though it is reimbursed. Everyone out west is looking for a new opportunity even the one who was recently "promoted". Its a joke. Friends of Hallal are safe. PM is my manager and is nice but woould have trouble finding employment if David was not at the helm. People are not happy to be here but stay because there is no were to go. To the poster who said his/her stock is worth 700K is full of shit. mayb 250 but not 700.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What is it like working at ALexion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
What is it like? Out in the trenches its bullets everyday. The company says 16 PNH cases per million, the data says 4. You are held 7 as a quota. Docs have never seen a patient and are reluctant to sell the patient on a 400K drug even though it is reimbursed. Everyone out west is looking for a new opportunity even the one who was recently "promoted". Its a joke. Friends of Hallal are safe. PM is my manager and is nice but woould have trouble finding employment if David was not at the helm. People are not happy to be here but stay because there is no were to go. To the poster who said his/her stock is worth 700K is full of shit. mayb 250 but not 700.
FINALLY! A honest and sincere comment! Thank you so much!!!
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What is it like working at ALexion?

The pnh experts wont put people on soliris unless they had a clot or most severe cases. But they expect us to convince a doc to put patient on a 400k drug with really no data worth anything at all for smaller clone size. You do not want to work here. The most unrealistic place in pharma.
Also the ride is over for stock, especially new employees. There stock is worth 20K.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What is it like working at ALexion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
The pnh experts wont put people on soliris unless they had a clot or most severe cases. But they expect us to convince a doc to put patient on a 400k drug with really no data worth anything at all for smaller clone size. You do not want to work here. The most unrealistic place in pharma.
Also the ride is over for stock, especially new employees. There stock is worth 20K.
Thank you for your input. I decided to not to go with this opportunity.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What is it like working at ALexion?

I did the same. I decided to stay where I am. Money is not the answer, especially when there really is no bonus. I did made a few calls and talked to reps, only 25% (if that) made goal, majority missed by 25%. whats that tell you?
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-22-2010, 03:57 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Lol Re: What is it like working at ALexion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I did the same. I decided to stay where I am. Money is not the answer, especially when there really is no bonus. I did made a few calls and talked to reps, only 25% (if that) made goal, majority missed by 25%. whats that tell you?
We know that management reads these blogs. Yet they continue to be out of touch with reality. When will they wake up? Mumme are you reading this? Davey?

You bring up that no one makes shits and mgt says your not working. Sure

Signed,

The PUM Truther.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 02-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What is it like working at ALexion?

Mngt reads this, are you kidding me? If you look at all the positive posts ever written about alxn, they are written by tim " cry on a dime, head up anyones a** above him, christian like hitler" simple and his sidekicks. MC "i slept w davey boy", PM "i cant do anything wo TS approval" and the rest of them. I cant wait to leave.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 02-26-2010, 11:13 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What is it like working at ALexion?

Dead on. Management is on cafe. Knowing these mgrs, they probably look at this site as "the gospel".
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What is it like working at ALexion?

Agreed
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What is it like working at ALexion?

Looking for opening in the Minneapolis area, launched injectables and have experience calling on oncology...please help!!
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 04-20-2011, 02:21 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What is it like working at ALexion?

Who is the recruiter for field sales?
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 04-20-2011, 02:42 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What is it like working at ALexion?

WHO IS THE RECRUITER?
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-01-2011, 12:43 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What is it like working at ALexion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I would say that some of the above information is very true. It is a very up and down job. The stock options, which can be good, really depend on your strike price. You really need to look at the market right now and compare it to past history. Having done this before, don't let options be your reason for taking the job.

It is fun when you finally find the patient, but getting the doctor treat with Soliris is another story. Bonus pay is all over the board, and the best geographies usually have a PNH expert within territory that "see and treat" PNH. You will work harder at this job than any other drug rep job you've ever had.

From what I hear, my colleagues out West love and trust their RSM. I couldn't say the same about mine.
This is perhaps one of the only biotech companies which has delivered a 84% return in one year! You have to work hard, be creative and passionate about this ultra orphan disease. History will be written by you and no one else.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What is it like working at ALexion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
This is perhaps one of the only biotech companies which has delivered a 84% return in one year! You have to work hard, be creative and passionate about this ultra orphan disease. History will be written by you and no one else.
Quote should have said "You have to make it look like you are working hard (no one does in pharmaceuticals), be dishonest (not creative) and suck up (not passionate). I think that final line about history was from hallal.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What is it like working at ALexion?

This company sucks - lets not state the obvious again - but with such few patients that alone would make anyone feel they have no purpose or impact. Whenever there is an opening, like the current one in Ohio, everyone please do their research and you will find tat most leave after about a year or two because they can't take it anymore. If you are looking into a position be sure to ask how long was the position filled prior to leaving and why did they leave...and what happened to the rep before that rep. You will be surprised how shortly everyone stays.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.