for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Laboratory Personnel/Scientists > Labcorp Lab Personnel
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 11:23 PM
Anonymous

Default What is it like in your lab?

Recently left LabCorp in Raritan. Can't endure another second in that zoo... too much work, specimens getting lost, not enough workers, incompetent management, unethical management practices, lying to clients, back stabbing, you name it we got it.

Unique to Raritan or pretty much the same across LabCorp labs? Chime in, would like to get some feedback.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:41 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: What is it like in your lab?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Recently left LabCorp in Raritan. Can't endure another second in that zoo... too much work, specimens getting lost, not enough workers, incompetent management, unethical management practices, lying to clients, back stabbing, you name it we got it.

Unique to Raritan or pretty much the same across LabCorp labs? Chime in, would like to get some feedback.
No different in Quest labs. Get out and work for a small lab. Better pay,and the corporation does not suck the life out of you.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: What is it like in your lab?

Burlington is the same way. Under staffed and low moral but.....we did get a 50.00 visa gift card from DK!
Old 04-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Anonymous

Grumble Re: What is it like in your lab?

Quote:
Burlington is the same way. Under staffed and low moral but.....we did get a 50.00 visa gift card from DK!
Same here in Dallas.
Same ol' song, same ol' $#!+.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:54 PM
Anonymous

It is the same all over. The south Central Division is sinking because they have no employees. Everyone is over worked, paid less and told "make it work". Tempers are short and backs are against the wall.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Anonymous

Pretty soon they'll try to consolidate too too much and there'll be no marketplace for either company OR they need to get their noses out of Wall Street's ass and go back to the way it was 12 - 15 years ago.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Anonymous

Lol Re: What is it like in your lab?

Quote:
No different in Quest labs. Get out and work for a small lab. Better pay,and the corporation does not suck the life out of you.
When are they finally going to realize they are losers??? I have never seen a more childish bunch running a health care facility in my life. Actually they are pretty much like the oil companys charge what ya want and give them as little as possile and act like you did them a favor by giving them that!
Its ok tho. I've gone on with my life and there is life after labcrap and its wonderful!! I cant wait to finally see those in management upper and lower sitting on their thumbs spinning saying what did we do wrong?? Hey Joe College go for it baby!!! NOT!
Old 07-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Anonymous

If anyone has experince as a med tech or worked in a blood bank AND has sales experience email dan@edwarddanielsassociates.com 6 figure sales job in NJ.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Anonymous

Lab Corp treats there employees horrible, I recently went to HR regarding sexual harrassment and a hostile work environment. I complained to HR approximately two months ago. HR asked me and other co-workers to submit documentation. They met with the alleged on Monday and Tues we were notified to meet the alleged on Thursday and we were all fired(or as they put it position eliminated.) Lab Corp treats there employees like crap. I filed with the EEOC and contacted Date line. I believe all locations are being run like this and I think the news needs to get a hold of all of this. Best of luck to all Lab Corp people I will never use them as a lab. I will pay out of pocket before I ever use Lab Corp.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Lab Corp treats there employees horrible, I recently went to HR regarding sexual harrassment and a hostile work environment. I complained to HR approximately two months ago. HR asked me and other co-workers to submit documentation. They met with the alleged on Monday and Tues we were notified to meet the alleged on Thursday and we were all fired(or as they put it position eliminated.) Lab Corp treats there employees like crap. I filed with the EEOC and contacted Date line. I believe all locations are being run like this and I think the news needs to get a hold of all of this. Best of luck to all Lab Corp people I will never use them as a lab. I will pay out of pocket before I ever use Lab Corp.
Wah Wah Wah. People like you with "hostile work environment" issues always suck. I have yet to see a legitimate claim. Most are whiners who are are lookig for a handout. HR
Old 08-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Small labs are great! Way better pay, better work environment, better company parties. LH and Quest suck sweaty balls if you are on a bench every day!
Old 08-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Anonymous

Worried Re: What is it like in your lab?

Quote:
Small labs are great! Way better pay, better work environment, better company parties. LH and Quest suck sweaty balls if you are on a bench every day!

any recommendation?
Old 08-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Wah Wah Wah. People like you with "hostile work environment" issues always suck. I have yet to see a legitimate claim. Most are whiners who are are lookig for a handout. HR

Your next to go
Old 09-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Anonymous

Lol Re: What is it like in your lab?

To the ones that are already out of hells lab.. Just sit back and watch.
It will happen. Like they say "What goes around comes around" and with the idiots that run Labcrap?? ohhhhh yes they keep digging their graves deeper and deeper and quicker and quicker.. Speed up assholes !!
Old 09-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
LOL YOU WOULD SAY THAT HR !!! YOU SIT UP WITH THE KINGS AND QUEENS.. UNTOUCHABLE .! OR SO YOU THINK.. COME BACK TO THE TRENCHES AND SEE HOW LIFE REALLY IS. NOT IN THE IVORY TOWER WHERE YOU ARE NOW. YOU WOULDNT LAST 5 MINUTES. YA SCAB!
Old 11-06-2008, 12:22 PM
cafepharma newbie

Need Ph.Ds in diagnostics for good company
Old 11-06-2008, 12:23 PM
cafepharma newbie

Call Frank 979 345-6955
Old 11-07-2008, 08:46 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Couch View Post
Call Frank 979 345-6955
Who is this Frank Crotch guy?
Old 11-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Anonymous

Red face Re: What is it like in your lab?

Don't think small labs are all that good. I worked for a small lab for 10 years. It was good. We were bought out by this regional lab called Lab Partners in Cincinnati. It is the absolute worst expeirence I have had in over 20 years of employment. I think it is just the lab industry as a whole.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Anonymous

Ah,... memories of the good old days at Roch Biomedical in Burlington. Do the Directors still sleep in their lab offices with the doors closed and the shades down?
Old 01-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Anonymous

Does anyone know how I can get the name of the person that manages the Labs in the Ridgewood/Westwood NJ area? I am a customer and would like to write a letter complimenting a lady who took my blood. She was outstanding and I want to get this letter to someone who will at least recgonize her skill. Thank you.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Does anyone know how I can get the name of the person that manages the Labs in the Ridgewood/Westwood NJ area? I am a customer and would like to write a letter complimenting a lady who took my blood. She was outstanding and I want to get this letter to someone who will at least recgonize her skill. Thank you.
Pick up that strange device in your home with all the pretty numbers. Push the buttons in the same order as you see them on your paperwork. Surprise! There will be a disembodied voice asking you who you would like to speak with. Explain what you need to the nice person.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Anonymous

If you call the 800 number they have all the Supervisors names for all the areas. I'm sure the tech and Supervisor would love to hear something positive. They all work very hard and are very committed to patient care. The call is very much appreciated.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:06 AM
Anonymous

LabCrap!Use to call on them and they were the worst lab I have ever seen!Dis-organized and unprofessional.Told my Doc never to send my lab work to those bozo's!!!
Old 11-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Anonymous

I also worked at a local independent lab that was bought by Lab Partners. Things have really went down hill and they have the same ideas as Labcorp. I am looking for other employment. The regional labs operated by Lab Partners aka MEDLAB - STINK!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Anonymous

Jester Re: What is it like in your lab?

Hi!
Looking to chat at lab workers for: CRL, LabOne, Heritage.

We have a group of examiners that send you kits we've done for insurance companys.
Some are saying that labs are too demanding, but I'm thinking that the people opening up the kits are just as frustrated.

Example: Insurance packets - some of are told to put them in the box (really tough for CRL, you guys must really hate us, lol), others have been told to put the packet in the fed-ex bag.

So, any one want to tell us examiners what would make your life easier in the lab? Really, we are not ALL comprised of jerks. We have a message board and I thought maybe we should connect with you guys to discuss all the "new" rules. Which, btw, I'm totally okay with

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: