» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Pharma/Biotech Companies > Pan American Laboratories
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pan American Laboratories Anonymous board for Pan American Labs

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 06:24 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: Neuropathy Indication for Metanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by David L. Ewing, M.D. View Post
And the question remains yet to be answered; Does Metanx have an FDA approval? Mr. Anonymous with the scatalogical reply proved typical by assaulting the question and not answering it. For me, as a practicing physician, Anonymous answered the question completely. NO it is not FDA approved and there is not much hope of getting one.

PS: I signed mine
What are you, probably a fucking chiropractor? Whatever you say, doc.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Anonymous

Well of course it doesn't have an indication. In order to have an indication one has to have a drug first. These aren't drugs, doc. These are vitamins. Besides, if you really wanted to know why didn't you do what every real doctor does and look at the package insert instead of wasting your time here?
Old 12-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: Neuropathy Indication for Metanx

I don't care if it's approved or not! It's being sold and I've been using it for a month for diabetic neuropathy and it works!!! No more Lyrica!! Leave it alone, unless you're going to help it get approved!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Anonymous

Clinical question Are high-dose B vitamins beneficial for adults with diabetic nephropathy?

Bottom line High-dose B vitamins may actually increase the risk of adverse outcomes—including MI, stroke, and mortality—in adults with both type 1 and type 2 diabetic nephropathy. Highdose B vitamins are also either harmful or of no benefit to patients at high risk of cardiovascular disease, chronic renal failure, and cognitive impairment. The B vitamins belong on the same “Do Not Use” shelf alongside the vitamin E. (Level of evidence = 1b)

Synopsis Supplemental folic acid and B vitamins are not beneficial in adults at high risk of cardiovascular disease or in those with chronic renal failure. Whether this is also true for patients with diabetic nephropathy is unknown. These investigators identified 238 adults, 18 years or older, with type 1 or type 2 diabetes and nephropathy defined as at least 300 mg of urinary albumin excretion per day. Patients randomly received, in double-blind fashion (concealed allocation assignment), a capsule containing folic acid (2.5 mg), pyridoxine (25 mg), and cyanocobalamin (1 mg) or an identical placebo once a day. Persons assessing outcomes remained masked to treatment group assignment. Complete follow-up occurred for more than 96% of patients for a median length of 32 months. Analyses were by intention to treat. Although plasma homocysteine levels were significantly lower in the intervention group, the patients assigned to the B-vitamin group had a significantly greater reduction in renal glomerular filtration rate compared with patients in the control group. There was no difference in the need for dialysis between the two treatment groups. Most important, patients in the B-vitamin group also experienced an increased risk of the composite outcome of MI, stroke, and all-cause mortality (number needed to treat to harm = 11).

House AA, Eliasziw M, Cattran DC, et al. Effect of B-vitamin therapy on progression of diabetic nephropathy: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2010;303(16):1603-1609.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Anonymous

we all have been lying to all our doctors. I'm going to sit in the front pew at church now and repent.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:32 PM
Anonymous

Worried Re: Neuropathy Indication for Metanx

In the last 2 months there was the trial on ESRD pts that showed harm to the folate pts, the SEARCH trial which was neutral, the above listed trial and now this from the Lancet. But don't worry, they used folic acid in all the trials and not L-MTHF. What has PanAm ever published that shows any benefit?

WEDNESDAY, Aug. 4 (HealthDay News) -- Supplementation with folic acid, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12 is safe but does not appear to reduce the incidence of major vascular events in patients who have experienced a recent stroke or transient ischemic attack, according to a study published online Aug. 4 in The Lancet Neurology.

Graeme J. Hankey, M.D., of the Royal Perth Hospital in Australia, and colleagues randomized 8,164 patients with stroke or transient ischemic attack within the past seven months to receive one tablet daily of B vitamins (2 mg folic acid, 25 mg vitamin B6, and 0.5 mg vitamin B12) or placebo. The primary end point was the composite of stroke, myocardial infarction, or vascular death.

After a median follow-up of 3.4 years, the researchers found that 15 percent of patients assigned to B vitamin supplementation and 17 percent of those assigned to placebo reached the primary end point (risk ratio, 0.91; P = 0.05). In addition, the researchers found no significant differences in common adverse events among those who received B vitamin supplementation and those who received placebo, and there were no unexpected serious adverse events.

"Daily administration of folic acid, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12 to patients with recent stroke or transient ischemic attack was safe but did not seem to be more effective than placebo in reducing the incidence of major vascular events," the authors write. "These results do not support the use of B vitamins to prevent recurrent stroke."
Old 08-05-2010, 08:09 AM
Anonymous

The whole company is Voodoo and Snake oil. Pass the Pancof HC, please!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Anonymous

so, how are we to respond to the latest negative studies?
Old 08-20-2010, 01:30 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
we all have been lying to all our doctors. I'm going to sit in the front pew at church now and repent.
No you have been making Sam Camp boat loads of money. Sam Camp is no different than the medicine man going town to town in the 1800's selling piss in a jar. Sam just had all you guy's doing his dirty work. Save some room in the front pew because maybe someday Sam will realize he is basically a criminal steeling money from fellow Americans and will need to ask for forgiveness.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
No you have been making Sam Camp boat loads of money. Sam Camp is no different than the medicine man going town to town in the 1800's selling piss in a jar. Sam just had all you guy's doing his dirty work. Save some room in the front pew because maybe someday Sam will realize he is basically a criminal steeling money from fellow Americans and will need to ask for forgiveness.
"Like" with my one thumb up!

are his granddaughters on the stripper poll yet?
Old 10-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
"Like" with my one thumb up!

are his granddaughters on the stripper poll yet?
Talking about children certainly says something about your character. Stay classy my friend.....stay classy.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:08 AM
Anonymous

it's like working for a classless company. Long Live DANA & LEE....lol
Old 11-16-2010, 09:20 PM
Anonymous

why are docs so fucking freaked out my medical foods, just give it a fucking try, can't hurt and it just might help. yes, it is FDA approved as a medical food! Thought docs were smart. Do your research instead of trying to cause trouble for a company that is just trying to survive in this shit hole.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: Neuropathy Indication for Metanx

My son has been taking Mentanx for a year now, and he can walk and without pain, this works better then any other medication for neurophy. Missed the dose for over 24 hours and was back into a wheel chair, he also has his second kidney transplant and and that is also doing very good.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Anonymous

Lol Re: Neuropathy Indication for Metanx

So I spelled wrong, but it does work.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:39 AM
Anonymous

Lol Re: Neuropathy Indication for Metanx

You must be a Pamlab rep
Old 11-06-2011, 10:54 PM
mramona62@yahoo.com

Crying Re: Neuropathy Indication for Metanx

i recently started taking metanx,my dr. gave me some to try. I'm 46 have had severe neuropathy for 4 years. I have herniated discs in my back, my hips need replaced and i'm taking a lot of pain meds for everything. I tried those matanyx for a month. I havent felt that much relief in my feet and toes for years. of course my doc is out of samples. Now I get to go back to all that pain. I have no health insurance. Is it that expensive?
Old 06-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Anonymous

I don't understand all of the drama on this site. Just want to say that the Metanx is working for me. I wish that the insurance co. would cover it but since it doesn't I am purchasing it online. the pain in my feet isn't totally gone but 80% better than before and now am able to sleep through without it waking me up.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:08 PM
Anonymous

Pal pal pal !!! We are the turds of pal!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: