» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Company Boards > Merck
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 42 votes, 4.81 average. Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Anonymous

Default Re: My version of 15 by 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I was one of those reps...Merck will just start making up lies about you to push you out...

don't trust anything or anybody in this company...

Toxic place to work...
OP back again. My point exactly! It's so sad that Merck will make up lies about reps who were past award winners & well known and respected in their territories. I've seen it, you've seen it and it's still happening right now. Well it's almost lunch time now and I've already put in my 3 hours today so I'm done. Meeting the wife for lunch (Thanks for paying Merck) and then home to change and then to the gym. No guilt here what so ever! Gotta love my 15X15 lifestyle!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
What he's saying is that the company is ridding itself of the expensive reps. Whether or not your performance is good is irrelevant. I've seen many stellar reps "resign" in recent years. It wasn't because they suddenly felt the need to move on; these people were pressured under the guise of their being poor performers, suddenly, after years of stellar work. It has nothing to do with performance---period.
I'm curious about what an "expensive rep" makes - bonus is about the same across the board, so base salary of $80,000 or more?
Old 12-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
OP back again. My point exactly! It's so sad that Merck will make up lies about reps who were past award winners & well known and respected in their territories. I've seen it, you've seen it and it's still happening right now. Well it's almost lunch time now and I've already put in my 3 hours today so I'm done. Meeting the wife for lunch (Thanks for paying Merck) and then home to change and then to the gym. No guilt here what so ever! Gotta love my 15X15 lifestyle!
I know this is true because it happened to me...Once Merck decides you make to much money and are targeted for removal, they just start making things up about you and the CTL initiates a systematic program of harrassment and sub-standard reviews...

the whole thing is a corrupt racket...I say burn Merck as badly as possible by scamming them as badly as they scam you....
Old 12-02-2011, 11:36 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I know this is true because it happened to me...Once Merck decides you make to much money and are targeted for removal, they just start making things up about you and the CTL initiates a systematic program of harrassment and sub-standard reviews...

the whole thing is a corrupt racket...I say burn Merck as badly as possible by scamming them as badly as they scam you....
This is absolutely true because it happened to me after 30 years. The company is circling the drain and if you are younger you should get out now. Love this post-- keep on Mr. 15 x 15- you rock!!!
Old 12-03-2011, 01:15 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I'm fed up as well. It has happened to two that I know well---the pressure, the orchestrated bullsh1t, the lies....all of it. I'm in for my own 15x15 plan starting now. I want out, anyhow, so I'm going out with some poetic justice.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:13 AM
Anonymous

15 by 15 is a 100% contract sales staff
Old 12-03-2011, 05:25 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I'm so done with the Sh*#hole. I have seen the older reps, who used to be our "mentors" just a few years ago, being pushed out of this company for nothing other than they are making a good salary. I'm not quite 50 yet, but getting close, and I know if I last that long the same will happen to me. Despite what I do or how hard I work it won't be enough. So today I've decided that I'm done with them. I will no longer make the extra early call or late call. I will do a lunch here & there collect a few signatures. I figure this will take me three hours a day max. Which equates to 15 hours a week. I'm gonna work a max of 15 hours a week until 2015. This is my version of 15 by 15. From now on, I will have an 25 extra hours a week to work out, spend time with my spouse or double dip with an extra job (which would be good since we didn't get much of a raise the past couple years). You want 15 by 15? It's now time for me to give it to you my way. Bend over Merck............Who's in with me?
When will America wake to the fact that its government can pass all sorts of regulations that seem to make age discrimination and pushing people out the door - for no reason - illegal but those laws all come to nothing because America investigates and prosecutes nothing. Merck views you as a commodity to be adjusted and upsized and downsized at their whim. It does not make any difference to them (or your precious government) whether you have invested your personal effort into getting skilled or your personal cash into getting a university degree. Merck treats their capital assets with more tenderness simply because the law requires them to reflect a loss of value - a virtual penalty - when they write those assets off. But Wall Street actually celebrates when companies downsize their labor force simply because that asset reduction doesn't reflect a failed investment on the company's books - it only hits the fired employees' books. Until working professionals realize that protection from unfair and illegal labor practices does not come simply because they hold university degrees or are citizens of the US they will continue to be played for fools by their employers. What exactly do you think exempt employee means? It means that you are exempt from protection under most labor laws. These days it also seems to mean that you are exempt from common sense or thinking about doing anything other than writing futile notes on CafePharma.

Most people posting here are not slackers by nature. They are being turned into slackers simply because they are tired of the one-sided nature of their relationship with Merck. They would prefer to work their 45-50 hours/week and to live their lives fairly certain that they will not be treated unfairly or dumped unceremoniously. The US is headed to another generation of organizing labor. In this version, non-managerial professionals will be on the organized side of the equation. All the precedents for organizing labor that existed in the first half of the last century are in place, all that is missing is the for working professionals to drop their hubris causes them to consider themselves too good to organize. All the while they stay in this present labor dynamic they are on the losing end of both government protection and industry leverage. Perfect suckers if you will. Don't think for a minute that the capitalists that formed successful multinationals in their hometown and had loyalty to the same are running any of the major multinationals anymore. Those capitalists are dead and buried and their children have sold out. MNCs have been bought out by slick financial wizards that replace the loyalty equation that many of you bought into with other equations written with sharp pencils. Work gets moved overseas and flavor-of-the-month business plans cause massive job disruptions. The former are encouraged by generous tax breaks bought and paid for through contributions to political parties and the latter encouraged by trivial penalties for dropping employees.

It may take decades but the idea that a working professional (for example your children) will invest hundreds of thousands of dollars of their own money to be qualified for a job with a multinational that could and would boot them out on a whim will appear to be a pretty silly concept in hindsight. Government in the future must either tax corporations to subsidize that education or demand long-term contracts to offset that investment. Presently there is no reason for government to get involved because unemployed folks don't make contributions to political parties. And the current ever-increasing revenues of Merck in the face of their actually dismal performance is largely due to exactly this practice. Why would Merck change? Professional employees must turn off Fox News, smell the coffee, and get themselves organized around jobs and job security. Stop thinking that the current power players are ever going to change anything. What if all non-managerial professionals walked out for a day? What would the stock price do? Would your boss actually know how to get your job done? Could they spare the time to take their head out their own boss's butt to get it done?
Old 12-03-2011, 06:12 AM
Anonymous

Fish starts to smell from the head!
Old 12-03-2011, 09:46 AM
Anonymous

long post by #107 but spot on!
Old 12-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Anonymous

I always say, think about your relationship with your employer as you would a personal, say romantic, relationship. How much are you willing to dump into a relationship with a person you don't trust and treats like you shit? who you are SURE will dump you sometime down the road for a shinier and easier version of yourself? who will lie and cheat and belittle you? who will then tell everyone it was YOUR fault for the relationship's demise...you did this and that, and everything under the sun wrong, when you're pretty darn sure you were a good & devoted companion. So, with these thoughts in mind, if you decide to stay in the dysfunctional relationship and KNOW it's dysfunctional, then go at it half-ass (or less), just like they do with you. Don't be a dummy and commit yourself to someone who doesn't value you. OR...you leave the situation and seek out a better companion. Trust is trust and value is value, whether it's from a person or a company. Just have to respect yourself... however you choose to do it.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I always say, think about your relationship with your employer as you would a personal, say romantic, relationship. How much are you willing to dump into a relationship with a person you don't trust and treats like you shit? who you are SURE will dump you sometime down the road for a shinier and easier version of yourself? who will lie and cheat and belittle you? who will then tell everyone it was YOUR fault for the relationship's demise...you did this and that, and everything under the sun wrong, when you're pretty darn sure you were a good & devoted companion. So, with these thoughts in mind, if you decide to stay in the dysfunctional relationship and KNOW it's dysfunctional, then go at it half-ass (or less), just like they do with you. Don't be a dummy and commit yourself to someone who doesn't value you. OR...you leave the situation and seek out a better companion. Trust is trust and value is value, whether it's from a person or a company. Just have to respect yourself... however you choose to do it.
great post...so true...that is why I left Merck...it is like being in an abusive relationship...Especially if you are older and tenured and they start making up their
lies to harass you out...(and they do!)
Old 12-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
great post...so true...that is why I left Merck...it is like being in an abusive relationship...Especially if you are older and tenured and they start making up their
lies to harass you out...(and they do!)
Especially if older? Their greys will come too and karma says they'll be on the receiving line of what they do.....

Not good to make bad karma....
Old 12-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Anonymous

Honestly, do you think that management thinks about what might happen in their future. They all have latched onto someone higher up that protects them and rewards them for anything that suggests loyalty. The secret to success beyond reason at Merck has always been being on the goo side of someone up the power chain. If you were "in" you were taken care of; if you were not in, you never would be in and your happiness, your career progression, and your job security it mattered depended little on how wonderful you were. This system was in place even during the most successful years. However, in those years Merck managed to recruit a hell of a lot of real talent and had a lot of people - still - that could harness that talent during the 5-10 years that they were going to stay trying to succeed. These days, management is largely made of the kiss-asses that had their incompetence protected over the last 25 years and the company hasn't recruited top talent in a decade. Management is never going to worry about the consequences of treating good people badly, it is a behavior that hasn't mattered throughout their entire career. However, as they consider more and more the sad state of the company, they will consider getting as much out of the old girl as soon as they can. That combination of no decency towards those that are still blindly getting things done and a me-first management style can only make things much worse for anyone unlucky enough to not be part of the "in" crowd but also not be part of those that get a package. That would be about 50,000 of you all.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Honestly, do you think that management thinks about what might happen in their future. They all have latched onto someone higher up that protects them and rewards them for anything that suggests loyalty. The secret to success beyond reason at Merck has always been being on the goo side of someone up the power chain. If you were "in" you were taken care of; if you were not in, you never would be in and your happiness, your career progression, and your job security it mattered depended little on how wonderful you were. This system was in place even during the most successful years. However, in those years Merck managed to recruit a hell of a lot of real talent and had a lot of people - still - that could harness that talent during the 5-10 years that they were going to stay trying to succeed. These days, management is largely made of the kiss-asses that had their incompetence protected over the last 25 years and the company hasn't recruited top talent in a decade. Management is never going to worry about the consequences of treating good people badly, it is a behavior that hasn't mattered throughout their entire career. However, as they consider more and more the sad state of the company, they will consider getting as much out of the old girl as soon as they can. That combination of no decency towards those that are still blindly getting things done and a me-first management style can only make things much worse for anyone unlucky enough to not be part of the "in" crowd but also not be part of those that get a package. That would be about 50,000 of you all.
Well said, very well said since it is so true. Where there was a time when the most talented would automatically include Merck among best places to work and establish a career, the sun has gone down on that day quite some time ago.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
this person totally gets it...I wish now that I had not wasted so many years in the pharmaceutical industry and at Merck...It really is pretty much a Ponzi scheme at this point...As the above poster explains in detail, unless you are part of the "in crowd" at Merck, you are pretty much screwed.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:09 AM
Anonymous

The 15 X 15 guy is a true Merck Hero. I'd like to see him replace Kenny Boy.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:15 AM
Anonymous

Pretty low that story of life here.....in crowds connected, special rule benders, who will try every tactic to get what they want....

We see it lived out in rep land too. Who gets their every wish, who throws a tantrum and has their butt powdered, who trips up the other guy and takes the praise, who walks all over everyone, snaps their fingers and takes it over.....Dont learn the hard way, if you have something they want...watch out.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
....." then go at it half-ass (or less), just like they do with you."..
Impossible to do with any manager. Do it and be PIPed!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I think there are quite a few of us on board with the new & improved 15 X 15! That guy's my inspiration! Plus, I'm leaving this sh1thole anyhow, so I'm going out in a way that that sticks it to the company that's stuck it to so many of my friends. FU, Merck.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I agree...I was scrambling to make all the calls and keep up with the useless busy work.,,

If i only worked 15 hours, I would have been PIP'd for sure...

The reason I left Merck instead of stick around and be bullied, is that my mind could no
longer reconcile doing work that was almost 90% useless, pointless, or un-needed...

no amount of money was worth wasting my time at Merck anymore...
Old 12-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I agree...I was scrambling to make all the calls and keep up with the useless busy work.,,

The reason I left Merck instead of stick around and be bullied, is that my mind could no
longer reconcile doing work that was almost 90% useless, pointless, or un-needed...

Anybody unable to understand this post is what makes a good Merck rep these days.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Anonymous

Swear to God, you couldn't pay me enough to go back into pharma.
The previous posts said it well....doing nothing but worthless, so-called "work" and being treated like crap in the process will eventually make you a crazy person...IF you are an ambitious person.
I KNOW you all have or had those days like I did, where you sit and stare at the computer screen and wonder......hmmmm, which Dr did I have this oh-so-productive conversation with today, and what, pray tell, did we talk about? Then, that closed eyes, deep breath in thing; eyes look up to the ceiling and big breath out. Omg-- how much longer can I take this fake and phoney existence?
It's when you feel like that almost DAILY, that it's time to go.
In the meantime, do whatever you have to do to get you through the days.
Like a prisoner waiting for parole feels, I imagine.....
Old 12-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I think there are quite a few of us on board with the new & improved 15 X 15! That guy's my inspiration! Plus, I'm leaving this sh1thole anyhow, so I'm going out in a way that that sticks it to the company that's stuck it to so many of my friends. FU, Merck.
OP back. Glad to hear I inspired you! When you see all the crap that many friends have put up with in working for Merck, you don't feel one bit guilty implementing my 15X15. How about this one. I'm gonna use some sick days before the end of the year and take my wife to NYC for a few days to shop and maybe see a show. Even though I have vacation I could use I'm gonna roll it on to next year. Thanks for the free days off Merck! Hahaha!
Old 12-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

WOW...you must be some rich dude or dudettee!!!!!

....nice have have big money in some vault somewhere to pay the mortage and all the other bills....wish I would have such wealth........
Old 12-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I'm curious about what an "expensive rep" makes - bonus is about the same across the board, so base salary of $80,000 or more?
Some expensive reps have been around years and make as much as managers. It can be rockin 30 thousand or more than other peers ....it's a fa la la season to be merry...all year round for some....
Old 12-09-2011, 11:50 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
OP back. Glad to hear I inspired you! When you see all the crap that many friends have put up with in working for Merck, you don't feel one bit guilty implementing my 15X15. How about this one. I'm gonna use some sick days before the end of the year and take my wife to NYC for a few days to shop and maybe see a show. Even though I have vacation I could use I'm gonna roll it on to next year. Thanks for the free days off Merck! Hahaha!
To the OP----Best post on CP!! No longer with Merck-- got fired after 30 years. Wish I would have done the 15 x 15 like you have suggested. Rock on and have a good holiday season-- keep up the posts
Old 12-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
To the OP----Best post on CP!! No longer with Merck-- got fired after 30 years. Wish I would have done the 15 x 15 like you have suggested. Rock on and have a good holiday season-- keep up the posts
Same here to the OP. Retired after being PIP'ed to death. It was getting nasty in the end. Could have won the battle but what for? Wish I did the 15 x 15 too. Too Merck loyal then as a 30-year veteran to slack off.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
The previous posts said it well....doing nothing but worthless, so-called "work" and being treated like crap in the process will eventually make you a crazy person...IF you are an ambitious person.
I KNOW you all have or had those days like I did, where you sit and stare at the computer screen and wonder......hmmmm, which Dr did I have this oh-so-productive conversation with today, and what, pray tell, did we talk about? Then, that closed eyes, deep breath in thing; eyes look up to the ceiling and big breath out. Omg-- how much longer can I take this fake and phoney existence?
You are gone...no more fake phoney anything for you. No more breathing awarenss, no more omg and prayer sessions, no more on the brink of craziness, no more computer stares or prisoner feelings...And now?
Old 12-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
This is so true...it will make you absolutely crazy doing all of Merck's fake so-called "work." And the only reason that "work" still exists is that all the crazy middle and upper management needs there to be some "work" left for the sales force so they can remain in their jobs...They know that you really need very few, if any pharmaceutical reps in the field anymore...

I wish I had not wasted my "Career" doing Merck's devilish deeds...

Now I am in my 50s, and need to completely re-train because nobody will hire long time
drug reps...can't say I really blame them, but I really did want to do a good job and work hard...

Merck just wouldn't let me...
Old 12-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Anonymous

what happens to the really older reps with all this...the over 55 set?
Old 12-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I don't know what happens to them- but at 42 with kids in school and one leaving for college in 2 years- It's too late for me to go back to school and learn something useful-
I have bills to pay right now- so here I am- having to re-train in an industry (family business) that really doesn't interest me at all- but I am using my people skills and computer skills that I learned at Merck- Other than that- I feel completely screwed and mad at myself!
Luckily husband has a decent job with benefits for our family
I did the 15 X 15 plan my last year at Merck bc I knew what was coming-At least I enjoyed my last year and free time!
Old 12-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I am over 55. Manager all of a sudden decided to PIP me at 54. Retired at 55 after friends and doctors told me not to go back to work and prove something. Life has been good. Money will never be a problem. Enjoying church, family, life, cooking, learning silly new skills, reading and anything but Merck.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I am over 55. Manager all of a sudden decided to PIP me at 54. Retired at 55 after friends and doctors told me not to go back to work and prove something. Life has been good. Money will never be a problem. Enjoying church, family, life, cooking, learning silly new skills, reading and anything but Merck.
I'm 56 and have the same story. I'm lucky I didn't go f-ing berserk before retiring. Now I just have to be told that I'm too young to be retired and I just say no, not too young, just lucky. I can make a little money on the side while also volunteering and feeling 1000 percent more productive than I've felt in my last 20 at Merck. Pharma sales became such a pathetic existence for a buck.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:30 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I'm 56 and have the same story. I'm lucky I didn't go f-ing berserk before retiring. Now I just have to be told that I'm too young to be retired and I just say no, not too young, just lucky. I can make a little money on the side while also volunteering and feeling 1000 percent more productive than I've felt in my last 20 at Merck. Pharma sales became such a pathetic existence for a buck.
The "feel good" about this whole thing is reserved for those with hugh number of years under their belt and money to match. I have the age but not the years, or financial situation where I could even think about volunteering or a accepting a low paid job....

Pushing the "relief I'm gone" talk does not apply to everyone...by any means.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
The "feel good" about this whole thing is reserved for those with hugh number of years under their belt and money to match. I have the age but not the years, or financial situation where I could even think about volunteering or a accepting a low paid job....

agree, not looking forward to the end.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
pathetic existence is right!! I am so much happier now that I am out of that racket...

starting to rediscover the old, ambitious and productive me...

Merck kills that in every employee....
Old 12-11-2011, 11:45 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

If it is going to be hard for you when you leave, let them terminate you. At least you will get state unemployment for a year or so depending on your location. Good luck to you and remember, most of us have other talents that can be used to our benefit. NO, I am not being a "pollyanna". I just think that we have suppressed our other interests/ talents for a job that at one time was an important one. Be well- I am out and loving it.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:57 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
If it is going to be hard for you when you leave, let them terminate you. At least you will get state unemployment for a year or so depending on your location. Good luck to you and remember, most of us have other talents that can be used to our benefit. NO, I am not being a "pollyanna". I just think that we have suppressed our other interests/ talents for a job that at one time was an important one. Be well- I am out and loving it.
Unemployment will soon be back to 26 weeks. No year or more. Besides, it wont get the bills covered. Take a look at the take home on it, some of the most expensive states to live pay the lowest.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Unemployment will soon be back to 26 weeks. No year or more. Besides, it wont get the bills covered. Take a look at the take home on it, some of the most expensive states to live pay the lowest.
I know. Deal with it, for that is all we can do. It might get awfully ugly but what else can one do but deal with it the best they can. As long as you're still with Merck, do all those things to prepare yourself for not being at Merck. Nobody says this will be easy or comfortable. Cut your bills, sell your house, car, boat, etc. Do whatever it takes to prepare yourself to leave Merck, either on your own terms or theirs. Bitching accomplishes nothing. Dealing with it accomplishes everything.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I know. Deal with it, for that is all we can do. It might get awfully ugly but what else can one do but deal with it the best they can. As long as you're still with Merck, do all those things to prepare yourself for not being at Merck. Nobody says this will be easy or comfortable. Cut your bills, sell your house, car, boat, etc. Do whatever it takes to prepare yourself to leave Merck, either on your own terms or theirs. Bitching accomplishes nothing. Dealing with it accomplishes everything.
so true...and great advice...I was pushed out recently by Merck and will be forced to sell my house, and maybe my car...(Riding a motorbike now to save on gas)

You know what though?? I am happier and more productive than i have been in years...When you get Merck further into your rear view mirror, you shake your head in disbelief that you ever stayed in such an abusive, dysfunctional situation...

I feel bad for those that are still there...(Except of the S3s that for some reason are Merck's golden children--not sure why?)
Old 12-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
so true...and great advice...I was pushed out recently by Merck and will be forced to sell my house, and maybe my car...(Riding a motorbike now to save on gas)

You know what though?? I am happier and more productive than i have been in years...When you get Merck further into your rear view mirror, you shake your head in disbelief that you ever stayed in such an abusive, dysfunctional situation...

I feel bad for those that are still there...(Except of the S3s that for some reason are Merck's golden children--not sure why?)
Good luck to you. I hope your future is bright. I admire you for shaking off the negativity
Old 12-14-2011, 08:09 AM
Anonymous

15 X 15 Guy,

We need an update! How did you do last week? I pulled off only 21 hours! If it weren't for all of those lunch appointments, it would have been much less. Love this new approach! I can't wait to leave this craphole, but I'm taking this easy money for as long as possible.

On behalf of all of those who have been shafted....FU, Merck!
Old 12-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
15 X 15 Guy,

We need an update! How did you do last week? I pulled off only 21 hours! If it weren't for all of those lunch appointments, it would have been much less. Love this new approach! I can't wait to leave this craphole, but I'm taking this easy money for as long as possible.

On behalf of all of those who have been shafted....FU, Merck!
OP back. Last week was great. I love Christmas shopping during the week while everyone is working! Hell I even went to see a movie. I worked about 12 hours total. I check VM early morning, at noon and around 5pm. I make sure to send a few emails early and late each week so everyone thinks I'm working hard. I'm probably one of the last people in the district my CTL would believe is doing the 15x15 when I'm actually the originator of it! I may have to change it up next year to 12 through 12. 12 hours a week through 2012! 12T12.....I like it!

Man I feel a flu or something comin on. My throat is scratchy, sinus pressure and stuff. I think I may need to take the next couple days off sick. Don't be surprised if you don't hear from me for a few days... .................Take care everyone, especially my 15x15 brothers & sisters! Oh and I almost forgot, FU Merck!
Old 12-17-2011, 09:49 PM
Anonymous

awesome posts by OP of 15X15 plan...love to catch up on the latest
Old 12-18-2011, 01:02 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
OP back. Last week was great. I love Christmas shopping during the week while everyone is working! Hell I even went to see a movie. I worked about 12 hours total. I check VM early morning, at noon and around 5pm. I make sure to send a few emails early and late each week so everyone thinks I'm working hard. I'm probably one of the last people in the district my CTL would believe is doing the 15x15 when I'm actually the originator of it! I may have to change it up next year to 12 through 12. 12 hours a week through 2012! 12T12.....I like it!

Man I feel a flu or something comin on. My throat is scratchy, sinus pressure and stuff. I think I may need to take the next couple days off sick. Don't be surprised if you don't hear from me for a few days... .................Take care everyone, especially my 15x15 brothers & sisters! Oh and I almost forgot, FU Merck!
don't leave us Mr 15 x 15-- keep up over the holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 01:52 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

I admire you if you can pull this off...Screw Merck back...I love it...and everyone should try and do it...the whole pharma industry is a scam now anyway...

the only thing I wonder is how you can work so little and keep the manager off of your back..?? I found (when I was still at Merck before getting pushed out at 50) that between loading the car up, making calls and getting sample sigs, getting through traffic, calling the caterer and doing lunches, starbucks, Bagels, Donuts, etc., tons of testing modules, training modules, general admin, emails, voicemails, and general worry about being unemployable should the job end, It was well over 40 hours a week...even when I wanted to screw Merck and have it be less...

How the heck do you only do 15 hours a week and not get caught for dashboard infractions???
Old 12-20-2011, 02:44 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
don't leave us Mr 15 x 15-- keep up over the holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!
OP back. Just returned last night from NYC with my wife. Took her to the city to do some Christmas shopping. We flew out early Thursday morning as I totally blew off work on Thursday and Friday.We had a great time and went to see Wicked at the Gershwin Theatre on Friday night. We stayed in Times Square and had a wonderful time seeing all the Christmas decorations and stuff. It was something that she always wanted to do, so I planned it out and surprised her. Only a few more hours of work for me for the year. I'm gonna button things up in the next couple of days and be done with 2011 but not until after I expense a nice Holiday spread for my family. Embrace 15X15 & enjoy the lifestyle! FU Merck!
Old 12-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
OP back. Just returned last night from NYC with my wife. Took her to the city to do some Christmas shopping. We flew out early Thursday morning as I totally blew off work on Thursday and Friday.We had a great time and went to see Wicked at the Gershwin Theatre on Friday night. We stayed in Times Square and had a wonderful time seeing all the Christmas decorations and stuff. It was something that she always wanted to do, so I planned it out and surprised her. Only a few more hours of work for me for the year. I'm gonna button things up in the next couple of days and be done with 2011 but not until after I expense a nice Holiday spread for my family. Embrace 15X15 & enjoy the lifestyle! FU Merck!
You must be tired. Posting in the middle of night is not good for you. Take some more R&R and catch on the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's
Old 01-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Anonymous

Come back Mr. 15 x 15, we need you!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:30 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Come back Mr. 15 x 15, we need you!
Love that guy.

FU, Merck.