for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Company Boards > Merck
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Anonymous

Default Re: Tom Lyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
It is clearly apparent that Tom has not only ruined the careers of ped reps, he also had no problem doing that to well respected people from the p.c. group too. Tom is an equal opportunity jerk. The real division is between the majority of his region and him not ped and pc.
although he does that too but yes the problem is him. If everyone is wrong and he is the only one right, is her really right?
Old 01-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Come on Tommy boy- go ask Joe what he thinks about your "style". He walked out rather than have to put up with your crap. We all look up to him even more than we already did. Tommy boy- that is something no one will ever do with you- look up at you with respect and admiration. You might "direct" but we all look down on you with contempt. Better hope no one ever passes you while you are drowning- we all will keep walking on by rather than get our clothes wet. Next time, disguise your post at least a little.
You are absolutely right about all of us not looking up to Tom with respect and admiration. I have talked to former pediatric and former adult reps alike and most would agree he is a bad director with OCD who promotes his like minded "pets" to the detriment of the entire team. His region is getting unified but not around him for sure.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
You are absolutely right about all of us not looking up to Tom with respect and admiration. I have talked to former pediatric and former adult reps alike and most would agree he is a bad director with OCD who promotes his like minded "pets" to the detriment of the entire team. His region is getting unified but not around him for sure.
So are all the S3 people "like minded pets"?
Old 01-13-2012, 01:02 PM
Anonymous

Not really, most are just trying to balance.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
So are all the S3 people "like minded pets"?
Nope. There are some good S3's but many are scared to speak up that Tom is going way too far with their new job responsibilities on top of their territories. His pets incude some S3's, a few change agents and a couple of managers. Pretty much everybody else can't stand this undiagnosed mentally ill braggart.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:59 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Fifth place finish in a five horse race.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Fifth place finish in a five horse race.
Even with Alina rigging the race to his favor he still comes in last. Love it!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Even with Alina rigging the race to his favor he still comes in last. Love it!
The issue is the objective that is set upon the region. Combine that with TL and you have misery.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
although he does that too but yes the problem is him. If everyone is wrong and he is the only one right, is her really right?
No, he just appears to mentally ill. A typical corporate psychopath type that Merck just loves hire and yet Merck can figure out why it cannot be as successful as it used to be 20 years ago. When you are a young director for cheap, you may save money initially rather than pay somebody older and with more experience more money. In the long term you lose with a guy like Tom because he has no long history of sales experience so he will make mistakes and his arrogance will continue to drive off the best talent. Typical Merck in the 21st century.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
The issue is the objective that is set upon the region. Combine that with TL and you have misery.
The objective is completely out of the region's hands. However, Tom's effort to undermine his reps sales' efforts by drowning them in projects and ridiculously over worded business plans is another story. If we have another bad year maybe his region can have a voice to explain to his boss that his leadership is counterproductive to the success of the company. He has proven time and time again that he does not understand sales but he is going to make sure that he can look good for his boss with examples of time wasting activities rather than dose growth. Wake up Todd, this guy is toxic like his former boss, Alina.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
The objective is completely out of the region's hands. However, Tom's effort to undermine his reps sales' efforts by drowning them in projects and ridiculously over worded business plans is another story. If we have another bad year maybe his region can have a voice to explain to his boss that his leadership is counterproductive to the success of the company. He has proven time and time again that he does not understand sales but he is going to make sure that he can look good for his boss with examples of time wasting activities rather than dose growth. Wake up Todd, this guy is toxic like his former boss, Alina.
Last place last year might mean a slightly lighter objective. Wasteful non-selling work results in less face time with customers and therefore results in lesser sales and, in competitive areas, more losses to competition. Hope for another bad year and there is no excuse to retain him even for "special projects". He is very special if you listen to him. No one does though.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Last place last year might mean a slightly lighter objective. Wasteful non-selling work results in less face time with customers and therefore results in lesser sales and, in competitive areas, more losses to competition. Hope for another bad year and there is no excuse to retain him even for "special projects". He is very special if you listen to him. No one does though.
He is special to those in my region- he prevented us from finishing fifth because he did! See- he did something that actually helped someone else. LOL
Old 01-23-2012, 08:46 AM
Anonymous

Thank you for your long winded voice mail this Monday morning Tom. It took every bit of control to keep the bile in my stomach.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:49 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Nope. There are some good S3's but many are scared to speak up that Tom is going way too far with their new job responsibilities on top of their territories. His pets incude some S3's, a few change agents and a couple of managers. Pretty much everybody else can't stand this undiagnosed mentally ill braggart.
If you are an S3 or a change agent it is your respnsibility to speak up. That is the problem in that the people in these roles are not leaders just yes men/women.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:47 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Thank you for your long winded voice mail this Monday morning Tom. It took every bit of control to keep the bile in my stomach.
I hit 3 -3- 7. I never listen to what he has to say. He is a self-absorbed moron trying to pretend he is reaching out to his region. It's all a bad act.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:57 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I hit 3 -3- 7. I never listen to what he has to say. He is a self-absorbed moron trying to pretend he is reaching out to his region. It's all a bad act.
He has to try to justify his position, something that no one else can. As far as 5th place, of course the blame lies elsewhere as he does not do the actual selling, right? Of course not.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
He has to try to justify his position, something that no one else can. As far as 5th place, of course the blame lies elsewhere as he does not do the actual selling, right? Of course not.
His attempts to build a culture in his region are pathetic. Stop wasting our time with asking for pictures and knowing about our families. HE DOESN'T CARE! You'll find that out if you are ranked at the bottom of the region for too long.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
His attempts to build a culture in his region are pathetic. Stop wasting our time with asking for pictures and knowing about our families. HE DOESN'T CARE! You'll find that out if you are ranked at the bottom of the region for too long.
He is of the culture that you get a trophy just for showing up. He is probably expecting one for finishing 5th. After all, he did not finish 6th!
Old 01-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Please send in pictures of your families holding up signs like: "Please let my mom/dad keep their job...I want to go to college some day" or "Please figure out a way to be a better manager in order for my mom/dad to make more bonus"....get the picture....now is the time to send in subtle messages about KEEPING OUR JOBS ....MAKING MORE MONIES....HAVING BETTER LEADERSHIP!! Think out of the box. Have fun.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Please send in pictures of your families holding up signs like: "Please let my mom/dad keep their job...I want to go to college some day" or "Please figure out a way to be a better manager in order for my mom/dad to make more bonus"....get the picture....now is the time to send in subtle messages about KEEPING OUR JOBS ....MAKING MORE MONIES....HAVING BETTER LEADERSHIP!! Think out of the box. Have fun.
Good idea. Thanks. Instead of pictures, I think Tom needs to show some proof he passed all of his vaccine exams because he still cannot speak to any detail of his knowledge of the full vaccine portfolio, specifically pediatric vaccines. Even if he can prove he passed the exams, his attempts to speak to customers about vaccines isn't impressive either.

The guy has intelligence but he is not very good at listening to other people or seeing things from other people's perspectives. His line of thinking is very boxed in and it mostly comes from his perspective only. It would be hysterical if reps would hold up books like "management for dummies" or "listening for dummies" in their pictures to Tom. I'm sure he would be too arrogant and too oblivious to figure out he's the one not giving his personal best when it comes to directing his region in a positve way.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:14 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Good idea. Thanks. Instead of pictures, I think Tom needs to show some proof he passed all of his vaccine exams because he still cannot speak to any detail of his knowledge of the full vaccine portfolio, specifically pediatric vaccines. Even if he can prove he passed the exams, his attempts to speak to customers about vaccines isn't impressive either.

The guy has intelligence but he is not very good at listening to other people or seeing things from other people's perspectives. His line of thinking is very boxed in and it mostly comes from his perspective only. It would be hysterical if reps would hold up books like "management for dummies" or "listening for dummies" in their pictures to Tom. I'm sure he would be too arrogant and too oblivious to figure out he's the one not giving his personal best when it comes to directing his region in a positve way.
He is doing a good job ass he did manage a fifth place finish in 2011. Not too shabby.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
He is doing a good job ass he did manage a fifth place finish in 2011. Not too shabby.
Yeah- it could have been worse as he could have finished 6th. No wait- there are only 5 regions. Oh boy. Not good Tommy boy.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:50 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Yeah- it could have been worse as he could have finished 6th. No wait- there are only 5 regions. Oh boy. Not good Tommy boy.
He needs to change his name from Thomas Lyon III to Thomas Lyon V.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
We are pulling for him to finish 5th again. Nothing like consistency.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
When he comes in last again (excuse me- politically incorrect). When he comes in fifth we will all be cheering him on for a Three-peat.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:05 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Nothing like making your region feel there is always an urgent plan to submit or an urgent project to complete or smile in your reps faces but complain to the managers that everything you do isn't good enough. Yep, with that winning leadership a repeat is quite possible.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:14 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
When he comes in last again (excuse me- politically incorrect). When he comes in fifth we will all be cheering him on for a Three-peat.
Remember, you can't spell bottom without Tom.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I had to stop at Walgreens yesterday to buy a box of TOMPONS.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I had to stop at Walgreens yesterday to buy a box of TOMPONS.
My grandfather uses colosTOMy bags.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Anonymous

Crying Re: Tom Lyon

Quote:
My grandfather uses colosTOMy bags.
I am going to Atlanta meeting to get a craniotomy-by T-osmosis!!
Old 02-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Anonymous

Tom has aTOMised the region.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Anonymous

Tom's logic is as elusive as a phanTOM in the night.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Anonymous

Tom is the epiTOMe of failure.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I am going to Atlanta meeting to get a craniotomy-by T-osmosis!!
Tom needs a loboTomy to relieve his mental illness.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Notice- that botTOM is spelled with the aid of Tom, but TOP is spelled without it. Guess he is where he belongs.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Tom is the epiTOMe of failure.
pTOMaine poisoning from his toxic servings of spoiled misinterpreted information.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
you misspelled it- correct spelling is botTOM.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: Tom Lyon

Quote:
2012 will see him finish in sixth place! Then they can give him another promotion!
Old 02-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Anonymous

I have no sympathy for all of the S3s who are whining behind his back to their teams how hard it is to keep up with his demands. They tried to suck up to him and now he is exploiting. That's what you get when you appease selfish whack job.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Anonymous

So...what do YOU think the "personality type is" of an S3?
Old 02-07-2012, 12:44 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
So...what do YOU think the "personality type is" of an S3?
I won't generalize to say all of them but I think some suffer from multi personalities. You have to have multiple personalities with Tom because being yourself isn't good enough for him.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I won't generalize to say all of them but I think some suffer from multi personalities. You have to have multiple personalities with Tom because being yourself isn't good enough for him.
I agree....witch from the east and witch from the west
Old 02-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I agree....witch from the east and witch from the west
witch from east gone, and therefore her protection to warlock in the midwest. he should be gone too.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:29 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I have no sympathy for all of the S3s who are whining behind his back to their teams how hard it is to keep up with his demands. They tried to suck up to him and now he is exploiting. That's what you get when you appease selfish whack job.
The saying about the S3s is- be careful what you ask for. Looks like that held up here.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Anonymous

From a recently "departed" thread-

My husband is so sick of me complaining about how much pressure he puts on us. Every time I mention his name he wants to punch him. If didn't love my husband so much I would soooo let him.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Anonymous

Also from a "departed" thread. Comments too good to be buried-

Obviously you don't recognize the ushh model. Have lots of meetings and therefore there is less time to go to offices you can't get in to see anyway. But wait- this is vaccines and we were able to always get in. Then came a doubling of the sales force, then came a halving of it (often removing the one who had the knowledge and long-term relationships) then came POP for the 2nd and 3rd time, and other useless customer initiatives, etc. The reason for the frequent meetings is because they are used to being off territory and drinking lates but now they get to pick your brain to see how they can effectively attempt contracting, visiting hospitals, etc but give nothing in return except wasted time.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Also from a "departed" thread. Comments too good to be buried-

Obviously you don't recognize the ushh model. Have lots of meetings and therefore there is less time to go to offices you can't get in to see anyway. But wait- this is vaccines and we were able to always get in. Then came a doubling of the sales force, then came a halving of it (often removing the one who had the knowledge and long-term relationships) then came POP for the 2nd and 3rd time, and other useless customer initiatives, etc. The reason for the frequent meetings is because they are used to being off territory and drinking lates but now they get to pick your brain to see how they can effectively attempt contracting, visiting hospitals, etc but give nothing in return except wasted time.
Mr. Lyon loves to stroll in late to meetings so he can interrupt and be the center of attention with his 80's Members Only jacket on with his trusty blue tooth in his ear. Ugh! Meetings are always prolonged because he has to interject a thousand times with his useless opinions, questions and pathetic attempts at humor.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Mr. Lyon loves to stroll in late to meetings so he can interrupt and be the center of attention with his 80's Members Only jacket on with his trusty blue tooth in his ear. Ugh! Meetings are always prolonged because he has to interject a thousand times with his useless opinions, questions and pathetic attempts at humor.
He doesn't listen to himself speak so why should we?
Old 02-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Don't forget he gives people dirty looks in meetings if they make a joke he doesn't like but it's ok for him to constantly interrupt meetings with his ignorant questions and his stupid attempts at humor.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:27 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Don't forget he gives people dirty looks in meetings if they make a joke he doesn't like but it's ok for him to constantly interrupt meetings with his ignorant questions and his stupid attempts at humor.
You hit it- stupid is as stupid does

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: