for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > CROs > Covance
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Anonymous

Default Worse place to work ever

Ethical issues need I say more
Old 12-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: Worse place to work ever

Hey FDA you may need to pay a visit and review quality processes it's a joke
Old 02-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Anonymous

Talking Re: Worse place to work ever

Not true. It is a nice place to work. Doesn't pay well but they are growing like mad. Loads of Pharmaceutical Managers have been hired recently so the people are pretty nice I must say.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Not true. It is a nice place to work. Doesn't pay well but they are growing like mad. Loads of Pharmaceutical Managers have been hired recently so the people are pretty nice I must say.
If you think Covance is "a nice place to work" either you are management, or you don't really work there.

Pay is lousy, benefits SUCK, dumb-as-rocks management, backstabbing, jealous, nasty co-workers. Oh, but wait...Joe has a BLOG!!! That makes it so much better. I feel so much more connected to Covance now.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:16 PM
Anonymous

Interesting...interviewed at the Nashville loc and it was the worst interview exp to date. There were 2 'mgrs' who were so unprofessional, that I didn't even want to work for the company at all. In the midst of small talk, 1 mgr learned that a cousin resided in the city and actually wanted to know where he lived. Another manager, after listening to me explain my vast clin research exp, simply recorded "Has No EDC Experience" in over-exaggerated writing. That was ALL she wrote on the feedback form. Later, when asking about my master's and after listening to my responses replied, "Hmmm, I've been to that area and Carbondale doesn't have a college; all I've seen are woods." Really?!!! I was so happy to leave that interview- what a waste of time!
Old 08-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Anonymous

Yes, please say more. What sort of ethical issues?
Old 08-31-2012, 02:36 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Interesting...interviewed at the Nashville loc and it was the worst interview exp to date. There were 2 'mgrs' who were so unprofessional, that I didn't even want to work for the company at all. In the midst of small talk, 1 mgr learned that a cousin resided in the city and actually wanted to know where he lived. Another manager, after listening to me explain my vast clin research exp, simply recorded "Has No EDC Experience" in over-exaggerated writing. That was ALL she wrote on the feedback form. Later, when asking about my master's and after listening to my responses replied, "Hmmm, I've been to that area and Carbondale doesn't have a college; all I've seen are woods." Really?!!! I was so happy to leave that interview- what a waste of time!
I interviewed in the Princeton office. I too was not impressed with Covance. When I go into an interview, I want to know who is going to be my boss, what kind of assingments will I get and what will my region be. They had no clue. They just want warm bodies.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

Yes, please say more. What sort of ethical issues?

Completely true. Very unethical, very biased, management shows favortism. They are afraid to say anything to the african american employees because they are afraid of getting sued. They have high school mentalities in clinical and Global Site Services. I know of a recent employee who walked out recently because she was fed up with management and how she was being treated over an african american employee that they favored and did shit but talk all day long. The employee that left was exceptional. What jerks.

Take it from me, people don't stay long. The original management that is still there are old school and form clicks. If they don't like you they will lie to HR about you. It is sick. They may be doing good right now but it won't last. Some of the people are nice but very backstabbing.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
If you think Covance is "a nice place to work" either you are management, or you don't really work there.

Pay is lousy, benefits SUCK, dumb-as-rocks management, backstabbing, jealous, nasty co-workers. Oh, but wait...Joe has a BLOG!!! That makes it so much better. I feel so much more connected to Covance now.
I could not have said it better.

They do not pay well unless you are a project manager. They won't give you a raise even if you did a great job. They are unethical, backstab, play favorites, and lie to protect their assess.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Anonymous

Thumbs down Re: Worse place to work ever

Quote:

Could not have said it better. COVANCE DOESN'T KNNOW WHAT ETHICS MEANS. They only treat the employees well that they favor. They don't care about how good and talented you are. They only care about you if you are part of their high school click. Don't be fooled. They are nice in the beginning but their true colors come out after six months. They pay terrible and only the Project Managers have it good there because they can work from home. Most have been laid off by Pharma companies. CROs are the only ones hiring directly.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Anonymous

What kind of background is needed for the project manager position? what is the comp?
Old 10-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
What kind of background is needed for the project manager position? what is the comp?
Don't bother applying unless you are currently unemployed and can't find anything else, or in danger of being fired at your current employer.

DO NOT leave a halfway decent job at a stable company to come to this place.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Anonymous

I worked there years ago, not bad in my experience and vacation time was 5 weeks, at least then, which was cool.
My more recent experience with Covance was positive and personal. The employees and the company helped my brother when he was sick so he could continue to support his family. Several employees donated some of their PTO to him, the managers and/or HR allowed him flexible work hours and allowed him to work from home when he was well enough to work. My brother died in August 2010. I will always be grateful to Covance as a company and their employees because of their generosity and helpfulness.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:28 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I worked there years ago, not bad in my experience and vacation time was 5 weeks, at least then, which was cool.
My more recent experience with Covance was positive and personal. The employees and the company helped my brother when he was sick so he could continue to support his family. Several employees donated some of their PTO to him, the managers and/or HR allowed him flexible work hours and allowed him to work from home when he was well enough to work. My brother died in August 2010. I will always be grateful to Covance as a company and their employees because of their generosity and helpfulness.
Thank you for sharing your experience. Sorry to hear about your brother, but nice to see people come together to support a colleague in time of need.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
You need prior Project Management experience with a few certifications related in the CRO world. That is what they look for. They prefer former Pharmaceuticals PMs and CROs with over 6 years experience.

I use to work there and processed much paperwork. I wouldn't bother. They overwork the employees and they don't generally see a decent pay raise.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
You need prior Project Management experience with a few certifications related in the CRO world. That is what they look for. They prefer former Pharmaceuticals PMs and CROs with over 6 years experience.

I use to work there and processed much paperwork. I wouldn't bother. They overwork the employees and they don't generally see a decent pay raise.
For the money they pay PMs they will need good luck in finding those people with all those qualities and experiences. In this world, you either pay for experience or go to India...LOL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: