for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Pharma IT > Pfizer IT
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Anonymous

Default New round of Cuts

New round of cuts have started to be announced today. So who in BT is affected? Heard infrastructure will be getting it the worst.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: New round of Cuts

I just cut your mom...tho she gobbled the goo, and is an anal champ.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Anonymous

There were cuts this week in MTES (dba, web). More to come when MTES moves to BTI. Better to get out of Pfizer (Pfired) now. JK is total sellout.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:49 PM
Anonymous

What is MTES ????
Old 03-20-2012, 11:52 PM
Anonymous

its been brutal - our group was cut by over 33%. Still doing just as much work, but I guess that whole "work-life balance" thing isnt so important after all.

Nice to see that the bigwigs still got their raises/bonuses - would hate for any of them to have to sell their 4th or 5th homes to make ends meet.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:32 AM
Anonymous

BTI Managers to find out fate by Friday...

Good luck to everyone.....
Old 03-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Anonymous

Should be interesting to see what the new BTI Org structure is after Friday. Wonder who will survive this time?
Old 03-22-2012, 10:05 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Should be interesting to see what the new BTI Org structure is after Friday. Wonder who will survive this time?
Hard to say - barely have enough to keep the lights on in BTI already. After last year they're already running super lean, but I suspect its going to be another bloodbath. Unrealistic budgetary expectations have been pushed all across BT, and BTI likely worst of all (as usual).

Good luck to all
Old 03-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Anonymous

Just goes to show you how seriously mismanaged BTI has been for so many years. Nice job management team...of course none of you will go.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Anonymous

A number of people I know have already been told of their doomed state. They will get official letters on Monday March 26th. Most expect to be gone mid April.

As for manager, I know a have already been hit.
Problem is IMHO that they keep the useless trash usually and get rid of the productive people. They are trying to cut themselves to prosperity --
The decade of partying is over, let the hangover begin!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Anonymous

Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. Good luck everyone..
Old 03-23-2012, 11:48 PM
Anonymous

Any updated news? What's the damage?
Old 03-24-2012, 08:42 AM
Anonymous

Update: All of the BTI leadership team was let go. Syke! None on those NY losers will go...they're too busy screwing things up. The more they keep screwing up, the more real workers will go.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Anonymous

Rumor has it most of middle management in BTI did not survive. There are a few postings, but most people told are not going to be moving forward after those limited postings have been filled.

Also, rumor has it, that 40-45% of ALL BTI staff will be cut. The individuals will most likely be formally told at the end of April.

IMO, if you are L-WYE in BTI, you have a 30% chance of survival. They are cleaning house and do not care how service is affected. Focus is only on cost savings and shareholder returns (the same shareholders who allowed Ian to have a 44% compensation increase).

Sorry for the seemingly bad news; I feel compassion for all who are affected.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Anonymous

Any news on JH BTI org? Some good people in there, also some who's time is past due to go i hate to say it.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Anonymous

Cuts will be made throughout BT. Huge budget pressures and the only place possible to cut is comp.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Anonymous

Sinking ship.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:20 PM
Anonymous

"Cuts will be made throughout BT. Huge budget pressures and the only place possible to cut is comp."

WRONG!! The BTI management team is not talented enough, nor dedicated enough to develop other solutions. There are MANY other directions this could have taken. Thank you to the untalented leadership hacks.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:21 PM
Anonymous

Wrong! Go do your homework! Just go read the budget for BTI and you will see over $75 Million in compensation. The cuts in compensation are much smaller percentage wise than all the other areas being cut. Way smaller and a way smaller relative percentage as well. Go ask your manager and read the budget. I did and got the whole thing outlined for me! The cuts are coming predominately from contracts and contract related service levels and expenses. Comp is being reduced by a much smaller overall % of total spend. Seems to me that the cuts ARE coming from other places and not all from comp. Try talking to you manager to get the real story.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:21 AM
Anonymous

^^ First off, managers have no information on any of this. The untalented BTI leadership team is not dispensing information AT ALL to lower level management, or the rank and file. So you can stop that line of nonsense, my manager told me as much. The Town Hall was a joke. Secondly, this is not the first time people are being cut...so be real when you give out percentages of comp that has/will be cut. Thirdly, the lazy hacks in BTI Leadership are not creative enough, or dedicated enough to develop other ways to cut, other than cutting the dedicated people that got them their cushy salaries and bonuses. Nice job leadership team....thanks for being there for us.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Wrong! Go do your homework! Just go read the budget for BTI and you will see over $75 Million in compensation. The cuts in compensation are much smaller percentage wise than all the other areas being cut. Way smaller and a way smaller relative percentage as well. Go ask your manager and read the budget. I did and got the whole thing outlined for me! The cuts are coming predominately from contracts and contract related service levels and expenses. Comp is being reduced by a much smaller overall % of total spend. Seems to me that the cuts ARE coming from other places and not all from comp. Try talking to you manager to get the real story.
Stop drinking the Kool-Aid. This will be a bloodbath.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:36 AM
Anonymous

Many with their heads in the sand. Nothing new !
Old 03-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Anonymous

So does anyone have any details on who has been notified (one way or the other) yet? Interested in Madison and NY.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Anonymous

ScottPotter-SteveWard-... just a couple
Old 03-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Anonymous

Dont think many groups have been notified yet. From what I hear BTI is going to be another week or two before anyone is told...

So far, at least in the groups I've heard about, its been a freakin bloodletting. I don't understand how BT is going to be expected to continue functioning. Despite the cynics on this board, BT does a butt-ton of work...

The cost savings kick is really screwing people over. Layoffs aside, things like no more in-house microsoft support are just BRUTAL.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:15 AM
Anonymous

Paranoid Re: New round of Cuts

This is the start of a major bloodbath.. My sources say it is going to get worse later this year. Frank the Tank D'Amelio is taking apart IT with with a sledgehammer this time.

Rumor has it that you are lucky if you get cut, Frank has proposed internally to cut the severance package back further this year so low as "they be lucky to get a shoe-print on their ass and carfare"

I don't feel sorry for those who are cut, you are freed from the curse and can move onto something better. I feel sorry for those who are staying in that burning house.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:23 PM
Anonymous

Smile Re: New round of Cuts

BT does do a "butt-ton of work" in certain areas and lends real value, but other areas such as iPad 2 year beta test for execs (thank you JK) is a waste. With half the ageing infrastructure on its last leg due to no real road map they are pouring money down the drain to just keep it running. The HP contract is locked in at how many millions so they need to recoup from somewhere and its headcount. Customer satisfaction is at an all-time low and the help deskÖdonít ask. They should look at who is responsible for this mess and hold them accountable. I am not saying we did not have our issues before Pfizer, but its worse now.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:56 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
BT does do a "butt-ton of work" in certain areas and lends real value, but other areas such as iPad 2 year beta test for execs (thank you JK) is a waste. With half the ageing infrastructure on its last leg due to no real road map they are pouring money down the drain to just keep it running. The HP contract is locked in at how many millions so they need to recoup from somewhere and its headcount. Customer satisfaction is at an all-time low and the help deskÖdonít ask. They should look at who is responsible for this mess and hold them accountable. I am not saying we did not have our issues before Pfizer, but its worse now.
I agree on most of that.
Unfortunately, the iPad certification was a project for PGP and execs. They wanted it, they have the power to bump up the priority.

As for aging infrastructure, well, lets just say "london bridge is falling down".
You can only forgo maintenance on your capital assets so long before they depreciate fully. Well, HP, Accenture, & all the India Consulting groups can deal with that and be the architects.

Sad fate for this once good company. Lawyers and Accountants and their complete bowing to short term has ruined the company.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:20 PM
Anonymous

So, i wonder if they will lay-off anyone on the board ?
Old 04-01-2012, 09:17 AM
Anonymous

The Board is untouchable only the FTEs that actually work will be impacted.

Does anyone know when BTI will announce the new ORG?
Old 04-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Anonymous

I heard in the next 2 weeks or the latest by the end of April, most of the announcement will be made.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Anonymous

I had heard that most cuts needed to happen in March to facilitate people being on April waves. We need to show the savings in this year's budget. The longer it takes, the more cuts needed to achieve the same overall savings for this year. Obviously we're behind on that timeline.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Anonymous

Lets see who JH picks to make the cut in BTI this time around. We all know he likes to keep his friends close and kick the rest out. He has another chance to choose some of the "correct" ones. Lets see if he steps up or follows in his old patterns.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Anonymous

So if you do manage to get through the cuts this round. You can look forward to a significantly reduced severance package (announced today) for when they lay you off in the next wave. I guess its lets keep some people, drown them in work until we can fully transition to HP doing everything then kick them out the door with next to nothing.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:50 AM
Anonymous

I've always been a big defender of Pfizer and how it conducts business....but changing the severence package in the midst of a huge round of layoffs is pretty damn scummy. Not saying that the previous package wasn't exceptionally generous by industry standards...but changing it in the middle of the layoffs...just...wow. What a scummy move.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I've always been a big defender of Pfizer and how it conducts business....but changing the severence package in the midst of a huge round of layoffs is pretty damn scummy. Not saying that the previous package wasn't exceptionally generous by industry standards...but changing it in the middle of the layoffs...just...wow. What a scummy move.
Well, considering the company has been in continual and progressive layoffs since 2005, it bound to be inevitable that they would coincide a couple of times.
At least we are getting one above and beyond what WARN act requires.
That is at least not scummy.

What is scummy ? That we have almost 7 years of continual layoffs .

Pfizer values!!! HA!
This is what happens when Lawyers and Accountants run the company.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Anonymous

While many department cuts have been made, many in BT have not, except for the leadership level. It appears that in BT the leadership will wind up under one severance plan, and the reporting people will be under a reduced severance plan. It's been said that Pfizer needs to show savings for this year. Delays in making the decisions on cuts likely causes more cuts or savings to be needed. I wonder if the severance reduction is partly to compensate for delays in decision making.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Anonymous

Any truth to the rumor about some of those remaining in BTI will be offered positions w/ HP? Either sign up w/ HP or hit the highway w/ no severance pkg?
Old 04-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Anonymous

Frank D gets synergy bonus with all the cuts. American Tax payer funded the Wyeth take over. The business get the loss in service. Shell of a company , i Don't want to work there any more.

Not sure why Jeff K. hasn't stood up, oh, Frank D. his boss.... oops.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Any truth to the rumor about some of those remaining in BTI will be offered positions w/ HP? Either sign up w/ HP or hit the highway w/ no severance pkg?
I wouldn't doubt it -- it appears HP is going to take control of Pfizer IT.

Though, it will be for a significantly reduced amount I am sure!

That would show us who are truly "institutionalized" by the Pfizer culture.
Kind of like a horse running back into a burning bard, Ahh survivor's guilt!
Old 04-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I wouldn't doubt it -- it appears HP is going to take control of Pfizer IT.

Though, it will be for a significantly reduced amount I am sure!

That would show us who are truly "institutionalized" by the Pfizer culture.
Kind of like a horse running back into a burning bard, Ahh survivor's guilt!
meant BARN not BARD ... damm autocorrect!
Old 04-11-2012, 02:33 AM
Anonymous

To Post #38 - No. HP will not be adding any newly severed Pfizer IT to work at any of the Pfizer facilities. Besides, this would violate the PFE severance agreement which states that no employee can take a position with a vendor, supplier, etc and work on site while collecting severance payments.

To All others - If you are included in the waves for this week or the next wave week (which is April 23-27), you will receive the OLD severance package. All waves after the week of April 27th will receive the NEW severance package.

I, for one, hope that I do not survive these 2 waves and then caught riding the next wave out the door with the new, crappier severance package.

Either way, if you are either given notice or are one of the select few who get asked to stay, I hope that you all find peace and happiness in whatever lies ahead. Always remember - it's just a job.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Anonymous

To Post #42 please read exclusion #3 in the severance package. Your Employment is continued with or transferred by PFE to, an outsourcing vendor even if the salary and benefits offered by the outsourcing company are not equivalent......

Exclusion #3 = Transferred to HP "without" a severance package.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Anonymous

Rumor is that BTI is waiting on releasing folks so they can catch the new and improved severance package.

Ugh.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Anonymous

Sinking ship. RUN.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Anonymous

Run like the Captain of that Italian cruise ship.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:35 AM
Anonymous

Line BT also getting hammered. My buddy's group in NY got hammered with his group being cut 55% and almost all who remain were VP and her direct reports. All the people that actually did any work were axed!
Old 04-14-2012, 04:41 PM
Anonymous

Anyone have any details about who or what's affected in BTI NY and Madison so far?
Old 04-16-2012, 09:04 AM
Anonymous

The June wave is being held very close to the chest !
Old 04-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Anonymous

How much more could they cut before BT completely implodes?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: