» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Home Healthcare Reps > Amedisys
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Amedisys Anonymous board for Amedisys

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 33 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Anonymous

Lol Amedisys is committing fraud!!!!

Baucus, Grassley Uncover Gaming of the Medicare System by For-Profit Home Health Companies

Finance Senators Release Report Showing Companies Intentionally Increased Frequency of Home Health Visits to Manipulate Reimbursement Rates

Washington, DC – Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) and senior Finance Committee Member Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) today released a Finance Committee staff report showing tactics used by major for-profit home health companies to game Medicare. The result has been waste of taxpayer dollars and the delivery of what could be medically-unnecessary patient care to increase the companies’ profits. Baucus and Grassley initiated the investigation into the improper practices as part of the Committee’s oversight role of the Medicare and Medicaid programs and the Senators’ ongoing commitment to protect patients and taxpayer dollars from waste, fraud and abuse.

“The gaming of Medicare represents serious abuse of the home health program,” said Baucus. “Elderly patients in the Medicare system should not be used as pawns to increase a company’s profits. Especially in these tough economic times, taxpayers simply cannot afford for their dollars to be wasted on unnecessary care. We are going to continue to crack down on these companies to ensure taxpayer dollars are used efficiently and Medicare patients are protected.”

“The reimbursement policy encourages gaming, and gaming is what’s occurred. Companies are doing everything they can to make as much money as possible, whether the patients need the care or not. The federal government needs to fix the policy that lets Medicare money flow down the drain. This can’t wait until tomorrow. It should have been done yesterday. The longer this kind of policy continues, the more Medicare’s budget balloons, and the bigger the burden on taxpayers,” Grassley said.

In May 2010, Baucus and Grassley began their investigation into home health therapy practices at Amedisys, LHC Group, Gentiva, and Almost Family in response to a media report that these home health companies took advantage of the Medicare therapy payment system by providing medically-unnecessary patient care.

The Committee staff report released today examines documents provided by the companies which show how therapists were encouraged to target the most profitable number of therapy visits, even when patient need may not have required such visits. In addition, therapy visit records for each company showed concentrated numbers of therapy visits at or just above the point at which a “bonus” payment was triggered by the Medicare program.

Internal documents from three of the four companies, Amedisys, LHC Group and Gentiva, provided evidence of top-down strategies to game Medicare. Highlights from the report include:
•Managers encouraged therapists to meet a 10-visit target that would have increased their payments from Medicare.
•An “A-Team” tasked with developing programs to target the most profitable Medicare therapy treatment patterns.
•Therapists and regional managers that were pressured to follow new clinical guidelines developed to maximize Medicare reimbursements.
•Top managers instructed employees to increase the number of therapy visits provided in order to increase case mix and revenue.
•A competitive ranking system for management aimed at driving therapy visit patterns toward profitable levels.
•Evidence that management discussed increasing therapy visits and expanding specialty programs to increase revenue.

The Medicare Part A program pays out an estimated $19 billion yearly for home health care. Fraud, waste and abuse in the health care system cost Americans an estimated $60 billion a year, approximately three percent of total health care spending.

Baucus and Grassley have led numerous major investigations of the health care industry to protect consumers and taxpayer dollars. Earlier this year, when their investigation found that the drug company Sanofi interfered in the approval of generic alternatives to its blood-thinner drug Lovenox, the Finance leaders called on the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to help guarantee consumers have access to affordable generic medications. Last December, Baucus and Grassley released a report detailing the relationship between Abbott labs and a Maryland doctor who allegedly implanted nearly 600 unnecessary cardiac stents into his patients, costing the federal government as much as $3.8 million in overpayments. The specific stent case highlighted in the Senators’ report is indicative of a widespread, national problem of unnecessary stenting. The Senators also spearheaded a two year inquiry which revealed undisclosed side effects of the diabetes drug Avandia. This resulted in the FDA restricting use of the drug, ensuring that patients and doctors have the information they need to make safe, informed decisions about their medication.

The Committee’s full report is available here.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: Amedisys is committing fraud!!!!

I hope Billy Bob rots in jail for bilking the system...greedy bastard. I sat in many a meetings with AVP's of BD & Ops and listened to them instruct our physical therapists to add visits regardless of need!! Serves this company right...hope they never see another referral!!!
Old 10-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Anonymous

If there is a lord above, not the one Billy Boy prays too, these men will go to jail.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Anonymous

•An “A-Team” tasked with developing programs to target the most profitable Medicare therapy treatment patterns.

This basically describes BFL, or as I like to call it Big Friggin' Lie
Old 10-04-2011, 06:56 AM
Anonymous

you mean the fl team-fucking lying team. hope ole billy bob goes to the slammer.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Anonymous

Hope dey gots sum good 'ol crawdads and gumbo in da prison system for 'ol Billy Bob and dem cronies o his!!! Yeee-Haw!!!!! Mebe 'ol fat boy Jeter can save dem cajun beehinds from doin hard time....Whooooo weeeeee!!! Pass dem crawdads!!!! Hallalujah!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Anonymous

Talking Re: Amedisys is committing fraud!!!!

LHS Group paid the federal gov't. 65M for their wrong doing. I am hoping A Mess it is pays a lot more. Now pass me them there crawdads and corn bread son....don't forget about that moon shine. yea haaaaaaaaaaa.....
Old 10-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Anonymous

65million is a drop in the bucket compared to how much Amessitis has stolen from the government. Hope they get hit with a much bigger fine...maybe putting BB behind bars. He knew what he was doing and that it was wrong.

BTW, whatever happened to Larry Graham?
Old 10-06-2011, 07:01 AM
Anonymous

no idea. sitting on a tropical island laughing about the whole thing. SOB.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Anonymous

Lol Re: Amedisys is committing fraud!!!!

We all hope you and your asshole boss "Billie Bob" go the State Penn together!!!!

Bunch of fucking crooks!!!!!

The only "Crawdaddy" you will see is the one crawling up your ass from your cellmate!!!

Remember they arrest "reps" now as well!

Enjoy!
Old 10-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
We all hope you and your asshole boss "Billie Bob" go the State Penn together!!!!

Bunch of fucking crooks!!!!!

The only "Crawdaddy" you will see is the one crawling up your ass from your cellmate!!!

Remember they arrest "reps" now as well!

Enjoy!
No they don't.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Anonymous

I don't see any reps being arrested unless they are handing over money or really nice gifts for referrals. Even then it wouldn't lead to an arrest.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:14 AM
Anonymous

SCUMBAGS!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:50 AM
Anonymous

Larry Graham is the CEO of a hospice company called Curo Health Services. And has locations out west and all in the southeast under a LLC called Regency Healthcare Group. Is he under investigation?
Old 01-23-2012, 07:54 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Larry Graham is the CEO of a hospice company called Curo Health Services. And has locations out west and all in the southeast under a LLC called Regency Healthcare Group. Is he under investigation?

no he is not. He was the brain surgeon who decided to grow way to fast by creating all of these offices which eventually closed down. Stupid ass!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:31 PM
Anonymous

Of course he is. And AA, BB, JJ, DR, BoD, TM, TF, PH, and so on and on and on!
Old 01-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Anonymous

Red Flag #3: The Significance Of Alice Schwartz’s resignation to Amedisys

Why is the departure of a Chief Information Officer relevant to Amedisys shareholders? For most companies, the CIO isn’t even on investors’ radar, so what’s the deal here?

The answer lies in the recipe for Amedisys’s “secret sauce” – their proprietary laptop-based Point of Care information system. Former employees have consistently reported to Citron that the laptop-based Point Of Care program, in which every healthcare staffer records every patient visit, is specifically designed to prompt workers to skew their Oasis scoring for higher reimbursement. It is Citron’s opinion that this explains why Amedisys’s margins are the highest in the industry, not that their patients are “sicker” than their competitors’.

Numerous employees have told Citron that they feel pressured by the continuous automatic computer prompts in Amedisys’s POC system to change their scores on the Oasis reports they submit.

It is going to be interesting once auditors realize it is the POC system’s rule-base which exerts influence on thousands of health-care practitioners, who are bound by onerous employee contracts and subject to being fired if they “cause trouble”.
So who knows the design and architecture of the rule-base better than anyone? Who oversaw its system specifications, development, implementation, training, scalability and all the “enhancements” over the last eleven years? That would be the Chief Information Officer, who resigned as described above. Considering the intensified fraud audits the company is now subjected to, investors should wonder: Is it just getting too hot in the kitchen? It should be noted that Alice Schwartz did not leave for a new job and her compensation at Amedisys was not of a scale to put her on the fast track to retirement.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Anonymous

I hope one day that all of these crooks get what is coming to them! I would cherish the idea of ole billy bob in an prison jumpsuit!
Old 01-31-2012, 05:48 PM
Anonymous

It is obvious that these posts are from disgruntled employees. It is a shame that a vary good company is getting ran through the ringer because of ignorant people who would rather make up their own version of the truth than learn the real facts. Amedisys is a very ethical and resilient company that has held its head high and not lowered itself to the level of incompetent trouble makers.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:54 PM
Anonymous

Angry Amedisys has committed NO fraud!!!

Amedisys has committed NO fraud. You would know this had you actually read any of the reports. Being the largest home care company in the USA it is apt to stay in the spotlight. The tallest tree in the forest is the easiest seen. Instead of blowing hot air, why don't you talk to those who really matter...the patients who have been held as the highest and utmost priority. They will tell you a different story; one of being cared for come snow, sleet or hail, patients whose lives Amedisys has changed because they gave exceptional care. It is absurd that Amedisys has been under attack!!
Old 01-31-2012, 05:56 PM
Anonymous

Smile Re: Amedisys is committing fraud!!!!

The only crooks are the ones posting these ridiculous posts dripping with slander. I hope you feel good about yourself, hiding behind the computer, making false claims against a great company. Get a life!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:01 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
The only crooks are the ones posting these ridiculous posts dripping with slander. I hope you feel good about yourself, hiding behind the computer, making false claims against a great company. Get a life!
Are you living under a rock? What planet are you on. Have you paid attention to any of the government reports or citron. Zealet freak! you must be a bastard love child of ole billy bob.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:29 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
It is obvious that these posts are from disgruntled employees. It is a shame that a vary good company is getting ran through the ringer because of ignorant people who would rather make up their own version of the truth than learn the real facts. Amedisys is a very ethical and resilient company that has held its head high and not lowered itself to the level of incompetent trouble makers.
I'm not a disgruntled employee. This company is horrible. Been with it for over 15 years and would leave in a heartbeat if there were more jobs in my area. 95% of the posts on here about Amessitis are accurate. I've been paid a decent salary and had decent benefits, but bonuses are getting impossible to obtain because the clinicians control the admissions. This company commits fraud. Period, end of story.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:32 AM
Anonymous

I have been very critical of the company, but I do not think there was any organized "Fraud". Did they use the rules and regs to their fullest advantage....I think so. Did some rogue Agency Director break some rules.....or did BD folks do things they should not? No more than any other for profit company.

Did AMED carve out the heart of the company by hiring several Pharma EVP's of BD...to implement a system to target busy docs that also downsized BD? Yes. Did they best BD folks leave..as territories were changed ruining long term relationships? I my opinion, yes.

Did this completely ruin AMED's historic growth trend? Yep

Just my opinion. I could be wrong....but I don't think so.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Anonymous

Jester Re: Amedisys is committing fraud!!!!

Quote:
I have been very critical of the company, but I do not think there was any organized "Fraud". Did they use the rules and regs to their fullest advantage....I think so. Did some rogue Agency Director break some rules.....or did BD folks do things they should not? No more than any other for profit company.

Did AMED carve out the heart of the company by hiring several Pharma EVP's of BD...to implement a system to target busy docs that also downsized BD? Yes. Did they best BD folks leave..as territories were changed ruining long term relationships? I my opinion, yes.

Did this completely ruin AMED's historic growth trend? Yep

Just my opinion. I could be wrong....but I don't think so.
you are on crack. maybe to much moonshine with billy bob.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Anonymous

Paranoid Re: Amedisys has committed NO fraud!!!

Quote:
Amedisys has committed NO fraud. You would know this had you actually read any of the reports. Being the largest home care company in the USA it is apt to stay in the spotlight. The tallest tree in the forest is the easiest seen. Instead of blowing hot air, why don't you talk to those who really matter...the patients who have been held as the highest and utmost priority. They will tell you a different story; one of being cared for come snow, sleet or hail, patients whose lives Amedisys has changed because they gave exceptional care. It is absurd that Amedisys has been under attack!!
Really? Absurd that they are under attack? I worked for Amedysis for several years and truly DID witness Medicare fraud. That they are all saying about scheduling extra visits in order to obtain the highest reimbursement is ABSOLUTELY true as I witnessed it first hand (not only with therapy, but for nursing visits as well). A lot of what these people are saying, though it sounds harsh, is very true. I was personally ordered to schedule additional visits for a patient that requested discharge from home care services due to no longer having skilled needs. I was told that we had to get our "5" scheduled visits in for the certification period in order to get Medicare's full reimbursement. The patient did not wish to have further visits as treatments were complete and they were seeing a doctor several times weekly. Instead of accepting the patient's wishes, management wanted me to INSIST on more visits. It was complete fraud and I discharged the patient as requested (only to catch hell for it later). Leaving that company was the best decision I made. Working for a company that cares for it's employees as well as it's patients is a wonderful feeling. Being appreciated for a job well-done is very beneficial. And working in an environment that is not fraudulent... PRICELESS!!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I worked with both Larry and Bill in management during the early 2000's. They were both masters of manipulation and brainwashing. Their downfall was hiring the pharma VP's who knew nothing about home care. I don't believe they meant to commit fraud but it was a very hostile work environment if you didn't do as told. The way I was pushed out was very unethical.
Anonymous

Quote:
I worked with both Larry and Bill in management during the early 2000's. They were both masters of manipulation and brainwashing. Their downfall was hiring the pharma VP's who knew nothing about home care. I don't believe they meant to commit fraud but it was a very hostile work environment if you didn't do as told. The way I was pushed out was very unethical.
Anonymous

Quote:
Old 03-10-2012, 01:06 AM
Anonymous

Well I worked for amedisys as a physical therapist for 9 years in their hometown and left after the federal investigation began over 2 years ago. I was afraid the feds were going to shut us down as a lot of what they said was true. We certainly were pressured to make those 10 therapy visits no matter what prior to 2008. So far I see the government complaining a lot but no action against the company. LHC has paid some money back on an unrelated issue but amedisys nothing. So besides some US senators griping about company policy is that the end of this?
Old 03-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Amedisys is committing fraud!!!!

This is old news. If you weren't just old angry employees you would know this. This was released two months ago. Really up on the current issues, huh? I'm a DOO with Amedisys. This looks like a forum for washed out burned out angry sales people who couldn't make the cut. With the company over 5 years, NEVER seen an incident of fraud except by one salesperson changing referral source so they could bonus more.

Funny, the sales person is the only one I've ever seen doing something wrong.

Just think about that a minute.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
This is old news. If you weren't just old angry employees you would know this. This was released two months ago. Really up on the current issues, huh? I'm a DOO with Amedisys. This looks like a forum for washed out burned out angry sales people who couldn't make the cut. With the company over 5 years, NEVER seen an incident of fraud except by one salesperson changing referral source so they could bonus more.

Lady, not even possible! You can't change referral source. Everything is tracked! And this is a site for sales ... CAFEPHARMA ...duhhh !!
Old 03-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

Are you fucking for real. Nothing is being done incorrectly at the referral source. Get a grip you hag! Ease up nurse nancy fat ass!
Old 03-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Anonymous

Party Re: Amedisys is committing fraud!!!!

Billy Bob is slick. Good ole boy knows how the game the medicare system. No pass me them there crawdads.....
Old 03-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

shut the fuck up you angry old fat shit. Just like a DOO. Thinks the world revovles around them. Ass clown. Go back to nursing in the hospital and being miserable.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:42 AM
Anonymous

Quote:

How in the world would a salesperson change a referral source?
Old 03-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Anonymous

It is typical to blame the BD rep...yet when all that is accepted in some agencies is straight medicare it creates a level of stress for all who are purely bonused on medicare admits. The medicare bonus model no longer works in a healthcare climate of managed medicare plans and outcome based insurance payments to hospitals. Physicians are already refusing to take new medicare patients on due to low reimbursement and high utilization of services.
These same patients drive up ACH rates affecting our outcomes as well. Time to head in a new direction.....
Old 03-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
It is typical to blame the BD rep...yet when all that is accepted in some agencies is straight medicare it creates a level of stress for all who are purely bonused on medicare admits. The medicare bonus model no longer works in a healthcare climate of managed medicare plans and outcome based insurance payments to hospitals. Physicians are already refusing to take new medicare patients on due to low reimbursement and high utilization of services.
These same patients drive up ACH rates affecting our outcomes as well. Time to head in a new direction.....
I would back up what you say. Case managers/referral coordinators can't keep track of who takes what.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Proud Amedisys Employee

Post Re: Amedisys is committing fraud!!!!

You know I sit and read these post and think what the hell is wrong with people. Every company has bad and good people! It is not the Corporate office that is wrong. I have nothing but good things to say about Bill and the rest of our Leadership. Get a grip....they give these care centers autonomy and the chance to do great things. They cant help if some of the staff are willing to do anything for money! You find that in all corporations. Yes, if you work for Amed you best be willing to work and work hard. Is that the problem? People wanting something for nothing. Well, if that is the case find another complany to work at! I have worked at Amedisys for almost 7 years and have worked very hard to get where I am. Yes, we have turn over but that is because of whining and crying that they have to submit paperwork and transfer computer data in a timely manner. Yes, lots of VP's and AVP's were let go. Have you wondered why? Maybe because Leadership found that these people were not abiding by MCR regulations and were stirring their agencys wrong to make that extra buck. I have no plans on leaving Amedisys and I tell anyone that I work with if you arent happy; move on and quit making the rest of us miserable. I can also vouch for their compliance program and Jeffrey that they always do the right thing. You have no clue how it feels when they call your agency and say: hey, write off that episode and I am wondering why? They say it the patient doesnt meet medical necessity or homebound and I am like what the heck! Well, you know what....their audits are much. much, stricter that what you will find from palmetto, cahaba or anywhere else. QUIT SLAMMING the COMPANY because of a few bad apples!!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Anonymous

Question Re: Amedisys is committing fraud!!!!

Quote:
shut the fuck up you angry old fat shit. Just like a DOO. Thinks the world revovles around them. Ass clown. Go back to nursing in the hospital and being miserable.
Some talk there anonymous!!! It is people like you that we are glad are gone! Adios and hopefully you will find an agency that will tolerate your attitude and foul mouth!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Amedisys Employee View Post
You know I sit and read these post and think what the hell is wrong with people. Every company has bad and good people! It is not the Corporate office that is wrong. I have nothing but good things to say about Bill and the rest of our Leadership. Get a grip....they give these care centers autonomy and the chance to do great things. They cant help if some of the staff are willing to do anything for money! You find that in all corporations. Yes, if you work for Amed you best be willing to work and work hard. Is that the problem? People wanting something for nothing. Well, if that is the case find another complany to work at! I have worked at Amedisys for almost 7 years and have worked very hard to get where I am. Yes, we have turn over but that is because of whining and crying that they have to submit paperwork and transfer computer data in a timely manner. Yes, lots of VP's and AVP's were let go. Have you wondered why? Maybe because Leadership found that these people were not abiding by MCR regulations and were stirring their agencys wrong to make that extra buck. I have no plans on leaving Amedisys and I tell anyone that I work with if you arent happy; move on and quit making the rest of us miserable. I can also vouch for their compliance program and Jeffrey that they always do the right thing. You have no clue how it feels when they call your agency and say: hey, write off that episode and I am wondering why? They say it the patient doesnt meet medical necessity or homebound and I am like what the heck! Well, you know what....their audits are much. much, stricter that what you will find from palmetto, cahaba or anywhere else. QUIT SLAMMING the COMPANY because of a few bad apples!!!!
I had the pleasure of meeting Bill as well and found him to be a genuine person. All home healthcare has changed. In fact all of healthcare is changing. I did leave the company though because the huge corporate structure is just to slow to react to my market. My competitors are able to provide more services on a local level. Their move towards hospice is a smart one. I am not sure one model works well for the whole country. If only they had paid more attention to me when I was building a successful branch instead of worrying about me when I left we would all have benefitted.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:07 AM
Anonymous

Jester Re: Amedisys is committing fraud!!!!

Quote:
Some talk there anonymous!!! It is people like you that we are glad are gone! Adios and hopefully you will find an agency that will tolerate your attitude and foul mouth!
Adios to you, you ass clown. Amedisys sucks. A few bad apples! Are you serious? Wake up this industry is chalk full of corruption. Naive nurse!
Old 04-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Anonymous

Lol Re: Amedisys is committing fraud!!!!

Quote:
So, you would be one of the "cronies" that everyone else is running away from by jumping ship. One of the ass-kissers that lies, cheats, and steals to maintain their position at Amedisys. I know those types. No need to slam anyone else that is telling the truth and leaves the company....they won't threaten your "coveted" position at Amedisys. Better just worry about the ones that are going to catch up to you in your own position eventually.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Anonymous

These Amedisys knuckle heads are paying themselves "retention bonuses." In essence, they beleive they deserve monies not because they did something good, but because they chose to stay in their current positions. Unbeleiveable!! How Could the AMED Board approve this!!

Effective as of April 5, 2012, Amedisys, Inc. (the "Company") and Amedisys Holding, L.L.C. entered into a Retention Bonus Agreement (the "Agreement") with each of William F. Borne, the Company's Chief Executive Officer, Jeffrey D. Jeter, the Company's Chief Compliance Officer, Michael O. Fleming, the Company's Chief Medical Officer, and David R. Bucey, the Company's General Counsel and Corporate Secretary. Pursuant to the terms of the Agreements, the Company has agreed to pay retention bonuses to each of the officers, as follows: Mr. Borne ($187,500), Mr. Jeter ($31,250), Dr. Fleming ($35,625) and Mr. Bucey ($32,500). The bonus payments, less applicable withholdings, will be paid contemporaneously with each officer's next regularly-scheduled payroll payment after April 1, 2012.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Anonymous

I am a case manager. Fraud is not the word. There patients that are not"home bound"(patients driving everywhere, never home, etc) bring this up to doo and the first thing is reschedule the visit, gotta get the 5 visits. Clinical tracks are joke and meant to keep patients on longer than they should be. 1st put them on the anticoag track(4 visits), then next Dx track 8 visits, then next track 7 visits) all they care about is numbers and money. I am looking for a new job then calling medicare about this.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Anonymous

Not to mention the recerts... and the push to grow the recert numbers
Old 04-19-2012, 01:19 AM
Anonymous

I worked for Amedisys a year and a half ago, the training for the office staff was inadequate. Corporate had to keep on coming back to re-train the office staff and the office manager they hired was due to "who she knew" not What she knew. In the end, after a lot of abuse from the office manager who didn't know the difference between a stapler and a paper clip fired me for false reasons and then I was told later, she had my job and they hired a new manager to take her place. I am STILL unemployed and can't get a job. I hope Amedysis gets what they have coming to them for making bad employee decisions.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:52 PM
Anonymous

How about recerting pts 4,5,6 times!! Half thes pts are NOT home bound by anymeans. pts are driving to casinos, bingo, really nice tans, and heres the doo "no missed visit reschedule the visit" "CAN YOU SAY FRAUD" How about the soc, roc, certs, you know they told me you have one day for all oasis, I go to oasis training and they said 5 days. 2days for all other oasis. And everyone is looking at each other like "Huh" one person said they told us 24 hours for a soc, trainer said "no its 5 days and 2 days for roc, recerts, transfers" New job almost in the bag and then medicare is going to hear a earful. 26 known active pts. note states management knows pt are not homebound
Old 04-27-2012, 07:16 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
We were told no emails discussing pts "mentioning pt status (not in need of services) because doj may read emails. Thats from higher ups not from me(doo)" so what does that tell you
Old 04-28-2012, 05:16 AM
Anonymous

The individual branches want to make money? What are you talking about? The profit goes to the corporate office. Bonuses are rarely paid at the branch level so I am not buying the long dissertation from the corporate office supporter. You are in the corprate office and have worked for the company for seven years. That is the problem. Business is not done on a day to day basis at the corporate office. Business is done out in the field and at the local level. Local offices absolutely do not have autonomy. Yes, the internal audits are strict. I will give you that. The local branches have no control. The branches have layer upon layer of management controlling them from every direction. With the recent publicity Amedisys now has a bad reputation. This doesn't help.

I like Bill and many of the corporate staff as well. There are bad apples at the corporate level as well as out in the field and at the branches.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: