» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Pharma/Biotech Companies > Actelion
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Actelion Anonymous board for Actelion

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Anonymous

Default Can't stop the bleeding

Anyone notice how many employees have left recently?
Seems like a couple times a week we have openings posted! Mostly
Field now that legal and reg have departed
Old 11-09-2011, 12:28 AM
Anonymous

Default Re: Can't stop the bleeding

Not true, just cecked your company website and they only have 2 field positions available in the US. Why be such a hater, things are well in my area. Go out and do your job, things will be fine once we get something new.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Not true, just cecked your company website and they only have 2 field positions available in the US. Why be such a hater, things are well in my area. Go out and do your job, things will be fine once we get something new.
Company website? Just check the # of e-mails for TM openings this year and that does not even include the RSM jobs that have not been backfilled! Add those to the HO openings. Very concerning.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Anonymous

What is the story about territories being eliminated and reps being let go? This goes against what was said at the last POA
Old 11-13-2011, 10:53 PM
Anonymous

What was that you say? Let me put down my Kool-Aid....
Old 11-14-2011, 12:20 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
What is the story about territories being eliminated and reps being let go? This goes against what was said at the last POA
RSM's have left and management has decided not to replace them.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:14 PM
Anonymous

Where did Angie C. go? (She was at least replaced) But what about Michael W?
Old 11-14-2011, 10:22 PM
Anonymous

Anyone with half a brain wouldn't backfill some of these territories - low volume.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Anyone with half a brain wouldn't backfill some of these territories - low volume.
Dear Bobby PART 2

Yes, I am sorry to say we have another chapter to the book of comedy and errors. Part one was removed partially a few months back prior to the departure of TKL. Lets not forget the year started with the departure of TF in Jan 2011, oh what a year.

Well that is so nice to hear.

People work so hard for years 5, 6,7 years now. Working a territory, developing relationships, some reps spend many days away from our family, and what does the company do to us? Do they work with the reps to equalize the alliagnmnt territory or ask for feed back? Does our DM stand behind us? Heck No!
No, the DM gives a personal favorite rep the easy small additions in the middle of the year, taking a center or area that is ready to pop away from the rep that has worked it for 5 or 6 years and give the center to favorite rep. At first we were going to share at least until the end of the year.Then the pet rep complains and whines that she does not want to share it with the rep who is actually been calling on the Drs there, she throws a little tantrum and just like magic she is calling solo on JN. Why you ask? Maybe the DM has a girl crush!
This rep is being set up to succeed by management while several others have been set up to fail, we are sick of the lies and underhanded behavior. Can you believe that the "new" rep was doing programs in the center BEFORE the actual rep was even contacted about the switch?How motivating and humiliating.
Stay tuned I am sure there is more to come! This has been a pattern, move boundaries without telling the past rep, never tell one of the super territory rep anything ever, or moving lines in the middle- end of the year and telling the rep to continue to call on the area but the "new" rep will also be working it.
Saying one thing and doing the opposite. It is very unnerving and makes for an even more difficult job. Let's face it, the Drs are aware of the t he letts ,the DOJ, FDA, LFT monitoring, Letaris label change and litigations we have lost. We are the face of the company and we are the front line that must deal with any problems or controversies in the field. That is our job the rest of the issues here are BS.
This management style makes it more difficult, just add a crazy leader to the mix at this level and it makes us all feel vulnerable, I wish Bobby would speak to a few of us off the record. I am certain that he is aware and knows who we are. Been a long time coming.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:44 PM
Anonymous

As a side note
Girl crush = I want you to be my BFF
Old 11-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Anonymous

Are we that stupid? Listen people, we don't have a drug that is considered best of class. Everything is first generation drugs. I cringe when I see my competitors doing lunches in my accts. They have better drugs and a future. Our days are numbered. I only hope find something before territory consolidation happens. We have 3-4 reps covering the same area one rep covers for our competition.(UT,Gilead, LungRx). Makes me real nervous. And now all this
Old 11-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Anonymous

It isn't all bad. We are the market leader, so everyone is gunning for us. Yeah, or products look old, but they have superior efficacy data and some of that is debatable, but this is a good job. If soothing finally hits from our pipeline, and one or two SHOULD hit, we will be fine.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:29 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
It isn't all bad. We are the market leader, so everyone is gunning for us. Yeah, or products look old, but they have superior efficacy data and some of that is debatable, but this is a good job. If soothing finally hits from our pipeline, and one or two SHOULD hit, we will be fine.

We aren't market leaders of anything anymore. Tracleer is an old dog that has alot of fleas in regards to our docs perception. Cotherix knew what they were dumping when we bought Ventavis. Tyvaso is better. Veletri isn't that great. We all are pushing second generation drugs and it shows. Revenue is dropping and the only way to slow it down is cut the sales force that is already too many people for the market. I am worried.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Anonymous

Lightbulb Re: Can't stop the bleeding

take the tracleer and mix it with cookies super yummie
Old 11-29-2011, 01:40 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Are we that stupid? Listen people, we don't have a drug that is considered best of class. Everything is first generation drugs. I cringe when I see my competitors doing lunches in my accts. They have better drugs and a future. Our days are numbered. I only hope find something before territory consolidation happens. We have 3-4 reps covering the same area one rep covers for our competition.(UT,Gilead, LungRx). Makes me real nervous. And now all this
Are you kidding me? It's past 10:30 pm, worked all day 8-5, got home about 6pm and have been working on paperwork, reports, spreadsheets, looking at my data, setting a few RN web programs before year end and sending e-mails.. My spouse threw together a salad for me for dinnner. Actually running scared too but I honestly don't have time to pull my resume together let alone do a decent job hunt. It's Christmas time for God's sake, no pun intended....
Tough times, if I lose my job I have no car, no home because I can't sell or refiance it. So I am working as best I can to do my job under very difficult situation. No doubt there will be consolidations. We are all nervous.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Dear Bobby PART 2

Yes, I am sorry to say we have another chapter to the book of comedy and errors. Part one was removed partially a few months back prior to the departure of TKL. Lets not forget the year started with the departure of TF in Jan 2011, oh what a year.

Well that is so nice to hear.

People work so hard for years 5, 6,7 years now. Working a territory, developing relationships, some reps spend many days away from our family, and what does the company do to us? Do they work with the reps to equalize the alliagnmnt territory or ask for feed back? Does our DM stand behind us? Heck No!
No, the DM gives a personal favorite rep the easy small additions in the middle of the year, taking a center or area that is ready to pop away from the rep that has worked it for 5 or 6 years and give the center to favorite rep. At first we were going to share at least until the end of the year.Then the pet rep complains and whines that she does not want to share it with the rep who is actually been calling on the Drs there, she throws a little tantrum and just like magic she is calling solo on JN. Why you ask? Maybe the DM has a girl crush!
This rep is being set up to succeed by management while several others have been set up to fail, we are sick of the lies and underhanded behavior. Can you believe that the "new" rep was doing programs in the center BEFORE the actual rep was even contacted about the switch?How motivating and humiliating.
Stay tuned I am sure there is more to come! This has been a pattern, move boundaries without telling the past rep, never tell one of the super territory rep anything ever, or moving lines in the middle- end of the year and telling the rep to continue to call on the area but the "new" rep will also be working it.
Saying one thing and doing the opposite. It is very unnerving and makes for an even more difficult job. Let's face it, the Drs are aware of the t he letts ,the DOJ, FDA, LFT monitoring, Letaris label change and litigations we have lost. We are the face of the company and we are the front line that must deal with any problems or controversies in the field. That is our job the rest of the issues here are BS.
This management style makes it more difficult, just add a crazy leader to the mix at this level and it makes us all feel vulnerable, I wish Bobby would speak to a few of us off the record. I am certain that he is aware and knows who we are. Been a long time coming.
Rose Anne, no one cares what you think. Go work for another company if you do not like it here.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Anonymous

[quote=Anonymous;4198886]Lol- what Rose Anna said is true!!! Actelion is not the same as it was once. Sean never works, Ben sells over label for left sided heart failure, mini Shal is a joke, and the list goes on. I can't wait to get out of here. I'm interviewing with a great biotech in a week!!! I hope I get it!![/

ALL POSTS ARE EASTERN STANDARD TIME
FYI-The Seattle District was in their business planning meeting at 2pm in Seattle celebrating the New Year when this was posted.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Anonymous

Never said I was from the Seattle district.... I was commenting on what Rose Ann had to say about her district....it goes further than Seattle.... My DM is better than Deanna, but not much better!!
Stop worrying about who said this or that... Think about what is being said. Actelion has leadership issues... The leaders are not leading, they are deflecting blame of the low sale volume, lawsuits, low confidences in Actelion. Look at who is leading the company, I'm in the WBU. Bob? What great sales team has he ever lead? Bobby And his DMs, Andy, Travis and Deanna... What a joke. It is sad to say that of the those four, Deanna has the best experience! Bobby was a bad RSM and as DM wasn't he last in the nation? Bobby is only about Bobby.

Stop trying to blame everyone and Lead!!!
Old 01-15-2012, 11:05 PM
Anonymous

Everyone needs to take a moment to remind themselves that the top bosses have
NEVER SOLD TRACLEER. what do you expect?
Old 01-17-2012, 08:41 AM
Anonymous

Not only have the top bosses never sold Tracleer, we are bleeding revenue due to unpaid orders in Europe (see below), so much for government run healthcare. We already know there has been a negative impact on Tracleer shipments and enrollments due to the Letairis label change.

In light of all this great news, what do some our our employees who act like trolls do: They rip on a Director in Training who doesn't sell and we loose a great Training Manager because he doesn't want to move to the Bay area. Just Grand!

Actelion dips on profit warning

Shares of pharmaceutical and biotech company Actelion dipped 2.5 percent by end of trading yesterday after the company issued a profit warning.

The company said it had to take a charge of 30 to 35 million euros for unpaid orders from public hospitals and other institutions in cash-strapped southern Europe.

Without that hit, the company said it would have met a target of low double-digit earnings.

Actelion also warned its sales would fall this year as it faces increased pricing and competition.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:37 AM
Anonymous

Be afraid very afraid!!!!!!!!!!! It's comin after the ra ra session. Get out if you can, the west is crumbling....
Old 01-24-2012, 08:24 PM
Anonymous

Deedee got rid of her third rep within a year..... Why does the upper mgnt not see it's Deedee!!!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Deedee got rid of her third rep within a year..... Why does the upper mgnt not see it's Deedee!!!
Who departed?
Old 01-25-2012, 07:18 AM
Anonymous

Don't know who is gone, but the awards night was a complete snoozer. Would have rather gone out and had a nice meal and relaxed versus putting on my forced smile.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:20 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Don't know who is gone, but the awards night was a complete snoozer. Would have rather gone out and had a nice meal and relaxed versus putting on my forced smile.
Looser!
Old 01-26-2012, 06:46 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Looser!
Learn to spell, loser.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:58 AM
Anonymous

Jester Re: Can't stop the bleeding

As our clueless managers keep firing reps (in order to cover up for their own ineptness), have you noticed the lower caliber of replacement hires? They're mostly young pups straight out of big pharma or with absolutely no pharma experience at all. Only clueless unskilled biotech labor are willing to take a chance on this dying company.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:44 AM
Anonymous

Crying Re: Can't stop the bleeding

"Sales in the 12-month period fell 7 percent to 1.8 billion francs ($2 billion), as revenue from Tracleer declined by the same amount to 1.5 billion francs ($1.6 billion)."

"CFO Andrew Oakley noted that the pricing environment will be "a little bit worse" in 2012. He added that Tracleer will also continue to lose ground to Gileadís Letairis. "Itís not falling off a cliff, but itís just slowly declining."

http://www.firstwordpharma.com/node/952227
Old 02-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Anonymous

What is even worse is that listening to our earnings call, one of the questions was specifically about US sales force turnover. They said there has been no increase in turnover. A lie. There has been increased turnover, and there also have been vacant territories that were not back filled. The spin continues.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:02 PM
Anonymous

OOPS! "investors appeared to take notice when it was reported that 120 patients in a late-stage trial for the key drug (macitentan) had died, and the company's uncertain about what causes the deaths."

ABANDON SHIP! "Clozel's comment quoted in Bloomberg that he thinks it's unlikely the trial for macitentan--which the company is hoping will replace revenue from its PAH drug Tracleer--will show a survival benefit."

http://www.fiercebiotech.com/story/a...ource=internal
Old 02-14-2012, 09:59 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
OOPS! "investors appeared to take notice when it was reported that 120 patients in a late-stage trial for the key drug (macitentan) had died, and the company's uncertain about what causes the deaths."

ABANDON SHIP! "Clozel's comment quoted in Bloomberg that he thinks it's unlikely the trial for macitentan--which the company is hoping will replace revenue from its PAH drug Tracleer--will show a survival benefit."

http://www.fiercebiotech.com/story/a...ource=internal
Not good. If macitentan does not show a survival benefit, it may be marginally better than Tracleer (lack of LFT's issues), then what do you have...Letairis. I hope not.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:32 PM
Anonymous

Everything the Clozels have touched after Tracleer has been a bust. They can't complete a clinical trial to save their souls, and we keep having to listen to how much smarter the Swiss are in science than we poor Americans. They're so smart apparently they don't know how dumb they come off to the investors.

I give this place three months if the mac trials don't work out. Nobody will stand behind the Clozels and the investors will finally force them to sell.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:02 AM
Anonymous

The perfection of failure continues...

April 2, 2012, 7:46 a.m. ET
ZURICH (Dow Jones)--Actelion Holding AG (ATLN.VX) is terminating development of an experimental asthma and allergy medicine after it failed in two recent late stage studies, giving the company's allergy drug program a major setback. -- Makes looming macitentan trials even more vital for company's prospects.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
The perfection of failure continues...

April 2, 2012, 7:46 a.m. ET
ZURICH (Dow Jones)--Actelion Holding AG (ATLN.VX) is terminating development of an experimental asthma and allergy medicine after it failed in two recent late stage studies, giving the company's allergy drug program a major setback. -- Makes looming macitentan trials even more vital for company's prospects.

Nah, were just setting everyone up for the great trial result for macitentan. Or at least we all hope so!
Old 04-19-2012, 12:14 PM
Anonymous

http://www.benzinga.com/news/earning...profit-down-69

We need maci bad, real bad.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:47 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Damn....you must have a double dose of that Kool Aid...or you're inhaling some Ventavis. We WISH we were the market leader. Our competitors are killing us because our business is tanking. Oh, but wait....we're just not working hard enough! What the heck do you think is going to hit from our pipeline?? If it looked so good, why is no one saving our sinking ship? Let's deal with reality.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: Can't stop the bleeding

Wait!!!!!! Dick straightener will save us!
Old 04-30-2012, 09:26 AM
Anonymous

Maci hit endpoint! Bleeding stop! We may have a future!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Maci hit endpoint! Bleeding stop! We may have a future!
Awesome news for anyone at Actelion today. Any current employee that is not thrilled about their future or the companies future, should just leave. And for the former employees that post posing as current colleagues......thanks for coming and drive home safely! Cause you are DONE!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Anonymous

How long until approval? Do you think it will be fast tracked even though there are two other ERAs? If not we have about 2 years until approval. Have we sent for approval yet? Can we hang on long enough? How long will there be a bb? A year or two? Letaris is killing me. One Tracleer a month is about the average in our district.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
How long until approval? Do you think it will be fast tracked even though there are two other ERAs? If not we have about 2 years until approval. Have we sent for approval yet? Can we hang on long enough? How long will there be a bb? A year or two? Letaris is killing me. One Tracleer a month is about the average in our district.
Nice try...
Old 05-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Yet another very nervous gilead person wanting to be with Actelion right now. No one from Actelion is concerned about the future, but you should be.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Nice try...
Old 05-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Anonymous

yay! I got a Tracleer enrollment! Yay! It was a Letairis enrollment to a plan where Tracleer was preferred! yay! Thats about all I get these days! That and pediatric! LOL
Old 05-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
yay! I got a Tracleer enrollment! Yay! It was a Letairis enrollment to a plan where Tracleer was preferred! yay! Thats about all I get these days! That and pediatric! LOL
Nice job getting a pediatric! Good job. Were they over 18 years old or were you promoting off label again?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: