» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Pharma/Biotech Companies > SkinMedica
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SkinMedica Anonymous board for SkinMedica

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Anonymous

Default Skin Medica/ColorScience

Can anyone give me the details on whats going? I talked to a recruiter about a phone interview with Color Science. Last I heard, Colorscience reps were independent contractors. I would appreciate any feedback I can get. Thanks!
Old 03-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Anonymous

Default Re: Skin Medica/ColorScience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Can anyone give me the details on whats going? I talked to a recruiter about a phone interview with Color Science. Last I heard, Colorscience reps were independent contractors. I would appreciate any feedback I can get. Thanks!
Can anyone share the story on these jobs. They are on all the job boards.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:53 PM
Anonymous

What is the interview process??
Old 03-25-2012, 08:47 PM
Anonymous

Getting my third interview. Not really that interesting of a job but I'll take it until something better comes along. Just go to target and buy better makeup
Old 03-26-2012, 09:59 AM
Anonymous

Jane Iredale is much better
Old 03-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Getting my third interview. Not really that interesting of a job but I'll take it until something better comes along. Just go to target and buy better makeup
You're one dumb bitch! The fit is perfect.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:07 AM
Anonymous

I'm moving along in the interview process. Honestly, the pay sucks, but there is nothing else out there right now. I've spoken with eight docs. They have all told me that colorscience is trying to reinvent the wheel.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:04 PM
Anonymous

There's no shortage of delusions of grandeur.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:25 PM
Anonymous

Who was that tool doing the interview screening? All she did was talk about herself. I didn't get 5 minutes to tell her who I was and my experience
Old 03-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Anonymous

Both brands have been around for awhile. The healthcare professionals I have asked seem to like the Colorescience product and the reviews on the internet are favorable as well, as they are for Jane Iredale.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Who was that tool doing the interview screening? All she did was talk about herself. I didn't get 5 minutes to tell her who I was and my experience
Good luck!
Old 03-31-2012, 11:19 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
If it's who I think you're talking about, received no direction or development. What a waste
Ask her peers behind closed doors...
Old 03-31-2012, 06:56 PM
Anonymous

Yeh, I talked to her too. She really did not have any information for me. It sounded like she was reading a job description from a piece of paper.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
If it's who I think you're talking about, received no direction or development. What a waste
Ask her peers behind closed doors...
If that's the way you felt when you worked with her, I doubt she'll last.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Anonymous

STAY AWAY from Colorscience! They will try to have you push the makeup for after cosmetic procedures. Who would spend that money on makeup knowing willingly that they were going to have some redness. It DOES NOT cover up any laser work.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Anonymous

Gee I wonder who u talked to, because I didn't get th impression that any of the people I talked to were anything but great. Did u get an offer?
Old 04-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Anonymous

Skinmedica was just a small company with a few key salespeople in major markets in California, Dallas, New York etc. before they decided to become a pharmaceutical company and acquired their first "me-too" pharmaceutical product. The intent was to become an IPO. They hired a large salesforce equipped them with cars, stock options, etc. The launch was not successful. The salesforce had the TNS line as well as the pharmaceutical line. Rex was the person who brought all the investors. They hired a bunch of people from a failed dermatology pharmaceutical company to lead the way. They later separated the pharmaceutical side from the skincare line. When this was not successful they folded the pharmaceutical side and went back to the skincare line. The competition is tough. It sounds like they now want to sell mineral makeup to boost their sales. I do not see how mineral makeup is going to save them.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Anonymous

Was ColoreScience not successful on their own? Did they "have to" be sold to SM?
Old 04-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Anonymous

Oh right! Like skinmedica is successful? What a joke! Going public! Going public! We promise! You will share in our success! Take this worthless piece of paper! We promise you won't be screwed! Anybody believing this bullshit is in sane. SM aint going public.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:42 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Oh right! Like skinmedica is successful? What a joke! Going public! Going public! We promise! You will share in our success! Take this worthless piece of paper! We promise you won't be screwed! Anybody believing this bullshit is in sane. SM aint going public.
They have been trying to go public forever.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Anonymous

It takes a while to go public - It kinda fun when is works out - I know I had the good fortune of being with another Derm company and the stock worked out pretty well

Think positive! Having a salary, bonus and a chance to have equity i.e.. stock is better than no stock at all. It can change your life - hope they go public and keep performing it is good for everyone.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:58 AM
Anonymous

Haha! They were trying to go public back in the the early 2000's and they have never been successful.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:41 PM
Anonymous

Any company that goes public has to be PROFITABLE, which SKM as NEVER been. They will be bought before they go public...
Old 10-31-2012, 07:10 PM
Anonymous

SM makes profit ass ranger. You're right, but not for the right reason. Public school? Short bus?
Old 11-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
SM makes profit ass ranger. You're right, but not for the right reason. Public school? Short bus?
Nice...is that what you learned at private school? Foul language and making fun of mentally handicapped people? Miserable? Lonely? Bad parenting?

BTW jerk, if you think SKM is so profitable, then why haven't they gone public since they've been trying for years??? Obviously not profitable enough, huh?
Old 11-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Anonymous

Jerk here. Are you ready for your business 001, not even 101, lesson on going public? It's funny to me that you think making money is the basis for a company going public. It's often time the exact opposite. Companies often opt to go public to raise capitol they need or want to fund additional business building activities. SM could be losing money but still go public if they have a good solid plan for how the monies raised would be put to work. A couple of good investors that believe the story would agree to buy most of the shares and the remaining shares would go to the open market. Gee, maybe you remember a little company called facebook that recently went public. Were they making any money oh simple one? Do some reading or go back to school and try again for that degree. Selling products like SM has is just about right for your simple mind. BTW, that's the reason SM has not been able to go public. The products do not have enough differentiation and no solid patent protection. No investor is going to want to buy that story. It's full of RISK
Old 11-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Nice...is that what you learned at private school? Foul language and making fun of mentally handicapped people? Miserable? Lonely? Bad parenting?

BTW jerk, if you think SKM is so profitable, then why haven't they gone public since they've been trying for years??? Obviously not profitable enough, huh?
Thanks for setting me straight make up boy. Any dude selling make up.........................I don't even know where to start asshat.

ring..ring... I think Mary Kay is calling!!
Old 11-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Anonymous

That last reply is not the same person in the first short rants. Whoever jumped in to the discussion to offer their amazing perspective, I agree with you about guys selling that crap. I don't now, nor have I ever, worked for SM. There aren't many guys selling that crap but the ones I've heard of are suspect. At best they are a bunch of "pretty boys" that like wearing skinny jeans and tight sport coats. They def would go either way! They're all married too except the one dude who is totally gay and out of the closet. I wonder what they tell their dad's about what they do? Or their sons?? And then, the wife has to be kinda wondering about the "guy" she married.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
That last reply is not the same person in the first short rants. Whoever jumped in to the discussion to offer their amazing perspective, I agree with you about guys selling that crap. I don't now, nor have I ever, worked for SM. There aren't many guys selling that crap but the ones I've heard of are suspect. At best they are a bunch of "pretty boys" that like wearing skinny jeans and tight sport coats. They def would go either way! They're all married too except the one dude who is totally gay and out of the closet. I wonder what they tell their dad's about what they do? Or their sons?? And then, the wife has to be kinda wondering about the "guy" she married.
Funny that someone who "doesn't know, nor has ever worked for SM" would be interested in their message board. Didn't think SM was so popular to anyone on the outside...must be your gay curiosity. Does your wife/girlfriend know??
Old 11-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Anonymous

Of course she does. Why do you think I look at this board....dumbass
Old 11-16-2012, 09:28 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Of course she does. Why do you think I look at this board....dumbass
Your wife is the dumbass
Old 11-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Anonymous

Well they sold and didn't go public! So guess who was right?
Old 12-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Haha! They were trying to go public back in the the early 2000's and they have never been successful.
Here it is! - hey dumb ass - remember your post - getting bought buy a company is one of several exit strategies - going public is another - when you get bought by a public company its pretty much the same thing.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Anonymous

What a stupid thing to say. You think being bought "buy" a public company is the same thing as going public? You might be the dumbest ass I've ever heard of. Quit embarrassing yourself and shut up.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
What a stupid thing to say. You think being bought "buy" a public company is the same thing as going public? You might be the dumbest ass I've ever heard of. Quit embarrassing yourself and shut up.
Ha ha ha that's what I was thinking when I read that post. Thank you for saying what I was thinking.....and everyone else was thinking. Time for the dumbass that wrote the know it all post to step down from the ridiculous soap box they are on. Makes sense that they work for SM with shit for brains like that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: