» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads


Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Pharma/Biotech Companies > AstraZeneca
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AstraZeneca Anonymous board for AstraZeneca.

Reply

 
Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up Getting Ready to Quit - Shall I leave a Wake

Getting ready to give my notice
After nearly 2 decades with AZ and solid ties with key prescribers should I let AZ pay?
The only reason top customers are prescribing XR over IR and generic IR is solely bec of me.
Believe me - this is true
Got screwed so should I return the favor ? Would not take much.
Lets take a poll.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-05-2012, 04:23 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Getting Ready to Quit - Shall I leave a Wake

No one cares. Leave.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-05-2012, 06:54 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Getting Ready to Quit - Shall I leave a Wake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
No one cares. Leave.
If you have another offer, any offer, then better to leave on your own terms because everyone here is leaving sooner or later. The more tenure you have the more likely you are to be a target of their assassination squad. Experience and high salaries that go with it is feared at AZ.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-05-2012, 07:25 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Getting Ready to Quit - Shall I leave a Wake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Getting ready to give my notice
After nearly 2 decades with AZ and solid ties with key prescribers should I let AZ pay?
The only reason top customers are prescribing XR over IR and generic IR is solely bec of me.
Believe me - this is true
Got screwed so should I return the favor ? Would not take much.
Lets take a poll.
Yes you should! Do it in the spirit of Dave the Crook, our beloved CEO! He taught us well! Now where did I put that $25 gift certificate my caterer added on to my L&L yesterday?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-05-2012, 07:52 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Getting Ready to Quit - Shall I leave a Wake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Getting ready to give my notice
After nearly 2 decades with AZ and solid ties with key prescribers should I let AZ pay?
The only reason top customers are prescribing XR over IR and generic IR is solely bec of me.
Believe me - this is true
Got screwed so should I return the favor ? Would not take much.
Lets take a poll.
After 20 years what the heck happened, why are you quitting. As far as leaving a wake I would not make any excuses as to why I was leaving, just be honest with you customers. I think you will find that AZ is going to pay in this market no matter what you say to your customers. No growth and no pipeline.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Getting Ready to Quit - Shall I leave a Wake

Let your conscience be your guide. Is that how you want people - peers and customers - to remember you? Exit gracefully young grasshopper.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Getting Ready to Quit - Shall I leave a Wake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Getting ready to give my notice
After nearly 2 decades with AZ and solid ties with key prescribers should I let AZ pay?
The only reason top customers are prescribing XR over IR and generic IR is solely bec of me.
Believe me - this is true
Got screwed so should I return the favor ? Would not take much.
Lets take a poll.
Guess you will be the one to make the final determination as to how you leave. When it comes down to it, what type of person are YOU?


1 - screw em' like they screwed me... Vindictive, low self esteem, having maratial problems and potentially have a family member in prison. "I'll teach them they can't screw with me"... LOL.... that will show them alright.... Heck, after 30 days NO ONE will miss you.

2 - leave with your head up, following proper procedure all the way out. Show them.... that you are above their game. Again, after 30 days NO ONE will miss you.

3- look at the $$$$. Can you arrange a mutual seperation (1 week every year you worked - not the same package as a lay-off). You been here 20 years, wouldn't 20 weeks of pay be nice as you start your new life? You go option #1 and you can kiss bye bye to any severane you might be able to arrange.

Again, it comes down to what kind of a person you are.


YOU DECIDE
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Getting Ready to Quit - Shall I leave a Wake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Guess you will be the one to make the final determination as to how you leave. When it comes down to it, what type of person are YOU?


1 - screw em' like they screwed me... Vindictive, low self esteem, having maratial problems and potentially have a family member in prison. "I'll teach them they can't screw with me"... LOL.... that will show them alright.... Heck, after 30 days NO ONE will miss you.

2 - leave with your head up, following proper procedure all the way out. Show them.... that you are above their game. Again, after 30 days NO ONE will miss you.

3- look at the $$$$. Can you arrange a mutual seperation (1 week every year you worked - not the same package as a lay-off). You been here 20 years, wouldn't 20 weeks of pay be nice as you start your new life? You go option #1 and you can kiss bye bye to any severane you might be able to arrange.

Again, it comes down to what kind of a person you are.


YOU DECIDE
Don't shoot me, but isn't it a month for each year you worked, not a week?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Getting Ready to Quit - Shall I leave a Wake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Don't shoot me, but isn't it a month for each year you worked, not a week?
Two weeks for every year, plus one. To the OP: are you seriously making your decision by asking people on cafepharma?? That's kind of scarey.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Getting Ready to Quit - Shall I leave a Wake

As much as I despised AZ when I finally quit (after too many years, I was in management), I left formally and without a fuss; on my own terms. Although neither AZ or me liked each other very much any more, my history was terrific and I wanted nothing to blemish that. Therefore I left peacefully and pleasantly, giving AZ no reason or situation that might create a problem if and when I decided to join another enterprise, or even start up my own.
Everything went well....pension, bonus, and 401K included.
However, now that I'm gone, I do whatever I can (anonymously) that will in some way blemish AZ. I stick to what is legal and allowable, and I am very well versed in the blogasphere and Wallstreet. Whether anyone listens to me is another thing, but at least it gives me some satisfaction.
So many good years and than some fron Hell, but those from Hell did the trick. No more loyalty to a company that gives none to its' own people.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Getting Ready to Quit - Shall I leave a Wake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Don't shoot me, but isn't it a month for each year you worked, not a week?
Lay-offs are 2 weeks for every COMPLETED year of employment PLUS 2 weeks (if you have 6 years in or more).

Voluntary seperation (mutual aggrement) is 1 (ONE) week for every COMPLETED year of employment PLUS 2 weeks (period. no minimum).

I WISH it was 1 month for every year...... Holy crap I wish. But it is not.... unless you are at a level 8 or above. Us peeon PSS's are at level 5
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Getting Ready to Quit - Shall I leave a Wake

Don't over-estimate yourself. Tens of thousands of reps have left companies or the industry in the last 3 years, and sadly, more will continue to leave. If this was 10 years ago, your departure would be more personally felt by the physician/office. Walk on to your next opportunity with some dignity and class. Doing what you had proposed would only embarrass you.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Getting Ready to Quit - Shall I leave a Wake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
As much as I despised AZ when I finally quit (after too many years, I was in management), I left formally and without a fuss; on my own terms. Although neither AZ or me liked each other very much any more, my history was terrific and I wanted nothing to blemish that. Therefore I left peacefully and pleasantly, giving AZ no reason or situation that might create a problem if and when I decided to join another enterprise, or even start up my own.
Everything went well....pension, bonus, and 401K included.
However, now that I'm gone, I do whatever I can (anonymously) that will in some way blemish AZ. I stick to what is legal and allowable, and I am very well versed in the blogasphere and Wallstreet. Whether anyone listens to me is another thing, but at least it gives me some satisfaction.
So many good years and than some fron Hell, but those from Hell did the trick. No more loyalty to a company that gives none to its' own people.
not me. I still have some options to sell. After that I won't waste my time thinking about AZ again. It was a worthwhile time in my life na dI have moved on.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Getting Ready to Quit - Shall I leave a Wake

Leave with class ! You never know when you can call on former people for a reference. Do not stoop to the level of some of the AZ leadership !!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Getting Ready to Quit - Shall I leave a Wake

Leave with class friend. No matter what they've done, as long as it's not disgusting or illegal, you don't owe them any less that what you've given them for all these years. From what you say, it seems you did your job well, with pride, so leave the same way.

Don't bring yourself down to the level of your superiors and leaders in CNS.. OR, the leaders of AZ like LN and MT. We all know they are awful, but do you really want to emulate their behavior? If you're questioning it, you probably don't.. At the end of the day, this is ultimately about you and your customers. NO matter how badly AZ has tried to drive a wedge between our relationships with our customers, they are still the only ones that matter.

This is coming from someone who has about 2 months left before I am gone... I would have hoped this job I'm going to get would have been ready when the layoff happened but it wasn't so I had to grind it out for another 6 months... I'll leave the right way, give my notice, dot my I's and cross my T's.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Getting Ready to Quit - Shall I leave a Wake

Yes create the wake. This company deserves as much negative press as it can get. Tell of your experiences and make HR squirm and Upper management cringe.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.