Respa Pharmaceuticals

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by Anonymous, Jul 5, 2006 at 7:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm trying to break in the industry and have an interview with this company tomorrow. THe thing is its straight commission no benefits, has anyone heard of this company and why it would be straight commission? I cant find a company website or anything.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think this is a small company started by a former rep, if I remember correctly. Tell us how it goes!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another cough/cold pharma company? How many ways can antihistamine and cough suppressant be sold?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

straight commissions though, how do i know if this is legit? To those who are already in the industry is it worth taking a job like this to get the experience even though i get no car allowance or a base salary?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am familar with the company. I interviewed with them a long time ago. I am the one who posted that I think it was started by a former rep. I sometimes see their products in my offices. If you think you can live on what they pay you, then go for it. It won't hurt to interview anyway.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    straight commissions though, how do i know if this is legit? To those who are already in the industry is it worth taking a job like this to get the experience even though i get no car allowance or a base salary?

[/ QUOTE ]I am sure it is legit but whether it is worth it or not is another issue. Your most difficult hurdle will be convincing pharmacies to carry it! Most will say that they will order when they get their first rx. TOO LATE!! No one wants to wait a day or two when they are sick.....who can blame them? Really what happens is the pharmacist calls the doc and switches it. Pharmacies have a thousand different cough and cold products and they, like any retailer, wants to move what they have. The first question you should ask the manager is what the plan is for the pharmacies to stock the drug.

It wouldn't be for me, but I am not you. If you could call on docs you currently call on, it may be OK but don't quit a good job for it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm trying to break in the industry and have an interview with this company tomorrow. THe thing is its straight commission no benefits, has anyone heard of this company and why it would be straight commission? I cant find a company website or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is their website. I have never seen anything like it!
    http://www.respapharma.com/

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i am a resp. rep with major products and major formulary coverage. I wouldn't take a job with this company becuase docs are looking for distribution at pharmacies and formulary coverage and these products wouldn't have it and they won't write them. I am in Virginia and my products are covered and my big product-Zyrtec is now third tier and can be a question of it being covered. Don't do it [​IMG]

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    i am a resp. rep with major products and major formulary coverage. I wouldn't take a job with this company becuase docs are looking for distribution at pharmacies and formulary coverage and these products wouldn't have it and they won't write them. I am in Virginia and my products are covered and my big product-Zyrtec is now third tier and can be a question of it being covered. Don't do it [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't listen to this post. Go on the interview with an open mind, and then make your decision. Let us know how it goes.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OP: After working for a small company for a year, it will be easy to differentiate yourself from reps such as this on your resume and in your interviews. The rep above has had everything done for him. You, on the other hand will have to sell the pharmacies on stocking your products. You will have a tougher time and will have to work harder. This is what interviewers want to hear. Big pharma reps have it pretty easy compared to reps in small pharma. Go on the interview, and decide for yourself. Decide if you can afford to take this job.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't listen to this post. Go on the interview with an open mind, and then make your decision. Let us know how it goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

The OP asked for opinions. I gave one and you dissed it. The above gave one and you dissed it too. We gave reasons for our opinions and you don't. I think you might work for them!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OP: After working for a small company for a year, it will be easy to differentiate yourself from reps such as this on your resume and in your interviews. The rep above has had everything done for him. You, on the other hand will have to sell the pharmacies on stocking your products. You will have a tougher time and will have to work harder. This is what interviewers want to hear. Big pharma reps have it pretty easy compared to reps in small pharma. Go on the interview, and decide for yourself. Decide if you can afford to take this job.

[/ QUOTE ]After a year? That is when the OP will start to make money!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been out of pharma for about a year. I ran into the "Rainbow Warrior" in my territory on a regular basis. His territory was the entire state and, yes, he had to essentially grovel (sp?) to pharmacists to stock all of their 10-12 different cough/cold meds - every box is a different color - hence the name - Fruit Stripe was a good one too. Anyway, I actually respected his work ethic - but most of the docs I worked with gave his samples away to those who couldn't afford ANY kind of prescription. Hope this helps.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are really hungry, and need a job, maybe.
    It's tough to get on with a bigger company unless you really have shown great stuff. Better to start with a small company with one or two bigger products than that. I don't know many reps who have gone from cough/cold to stardom(lately), but it can happen. There are 50-100 of those companies in US like respa, many are just selling in certain regions only.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]After a year? That is when the OP will start to make money!

[/ QUOTE ]

the rep probably won't have a year to prove himself. The above rep is giving his opinion from selling resp products and it can still be hard-do waht you want but even with good product coverage etc it can be hard cause if it isn't on formulary they ain't gonna write it no matter what

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hated every moment I was with this company. Owned by users and liars. This company and the others like it are why offices and doctors started hating reps and BS "script" products. No training, no co-ordinating to help get product stocked at wholesalers and their so called "trainer" broke PDMA & Hipaa codes right in front of me. Keep looking there are much better pharma companies to work for.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What exactly did you hate? Was it salary or just commission like everyone says? Do they give a car or just allowance? I have an interview this week with them & I would love sum inside scoop. Did you sell rx to dr.'s or Vets?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I actually loved working at Respa. As a sales rep I had an uncapped commission and there were several years where I made over $150k+. I wish they were hiring again.