» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Laboratory/Diagnostic Sales > HDL Labs
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

HDL Labs Anonymous board for HDL Labs

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 07:55 PM
Anonymous

Default HDL to close doors in Q2

Quest, Labcorp and CPL will no longer allow phlebes to draw for us. We are done...
Old 10-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: HDL to close doors in Q2

Add Solstas to that list. We have already made that decision.

Bye-Bye ....
Old 10-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Anonymous

UMM. NONE OF THOSE COMPANIES DRAW FOR US NOW. NICE TRY
Old 10-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Yeah....bunghole above knows the business well, because I have several Quest lab offices drawing for me.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:20 AM
Anonymous

Thumbs down Re: HDL to close doors in Q2

Quote:
When did this end? I had a client who had a Quest Phleb and the doc was getting the "draw fee". I don't think this was legal.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
When did this end? I had a client who had a Quest Phleb and the doc was getting the "draw fee". I don't think this was legal.
That is not legal. In fact, that is big time fraud if they are Medicare patients, and it will be the doctor's butt on the line for accepting payment.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
That is not legal. In fact, that is big time fraud if they are Medicare patients, and it will be the doctor's butt on the line for accepting payment.
If HDL is paying the bill and knows the situation wouldn't they be at risk also?
Old 10-24-2012, 08:06 AM
Anonymous

The sad thing is that HDL, does not offer any technology that would make them attractive to be bought out.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Anonymous

Randox is in talks to buy HDL on account of HDL being just a hair more effective than Randox has been in the states. Now, be on notice, you will have to be brilliant, and grand, and lack basic knowledge to join the group. The interview process will be a crack, the experience of no experience will be the end all, and no one, anywhere, everywhere, where listen to you.

Eat lots of leafy greens and raise your HDL
Old 01-23-2013, 10:17 PM
Anonymous

Is this true? HDL will open a new building next month in Richmond VA....this can't be true.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Anonymous

Strange. I saw a results report at a client's office last Friday. Perhaps somebody is hoping that HDL closes. Not to much time left in Q2.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:32 AM
Anonymous

Talking Re: HDL to close doors in Q2

Must have some left over req's hanging around out there. We will be sure to pick them up and recycle. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:44 AM
Anonymous

Could be a Bio Diagnostics Part II....good thing you are all contract, less liability for Blue Wave health.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:02 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Could be a Bio Diagnostics Part II....good thing you are all contract, less liability for Blue Wave health.
I just saw two of their management at the G@ meeting 3 weeks back, they did not act like they were folding? However with the 3k req of unneeded, unwarranted tests on every req with no data to proof utility for the larger population, probably they should, it is companies like HDL which has brought all the cuts and magnifying glasses on the lab industry.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Anonymous

You all are slow....the way to bring HDL down is not to argue the draw fee and reimbursement....it is their leadership and the lack thereof!

CEO is a walking HR nightmare, Chief Scientific Officer is an old perv who uses the staff as his dating pool...they got rid of the only guy who had any business sense, they get rid of anyone who tries to talk sense into the CEO....I could go on, but that place has been run so loosey-goosey it is just a matter of time that any contractor brings a lawsuit demanding the benefits given to the regular employees. CEO threw a small fit when HDL didn't get one of the best places to work in VA....as a matter of fact they dropped a few points....she can't stand losing ANY award, not gracious at all....

Oh, you know all that stuff about the VA governor......he has ties to HDL too....just saying where there is smoke.....sniff a little deeper

And the new building....ha! a logistical nightmare! no thought at all given to processes and how to get samples from point A to B before the build began. Phew! Be glad you are NOT at HDL!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I just saw two of their management at the G@ meeting 3 weeks back, they did not act like they were folding? However with the 3k req of unneeded, unwarranted tests on every req with no data to proof utility for the larger population, probably they should, it is companies like HDL which has brought all the cuts and magnifying glasses on the lab industry.
HDL has not closed its doors but it is interesting that since moving to their new building and their aggressive sponsorship of the VCU Rams basketball team and the Redskins training camp partner they are suffering from a shortfall of cash. A hiring freeze has been announced and the employees have been sent an email stating the company must find a way to save 5 million dollars a month. We grow increasing anxious about the amount of money being spent during a time when the projected revenue has fallen short. There is also the investigation by the Department of Justice who is very interested in the contracted sales team, BlueWave who is at liberty to offer freebies at their leisure to include physicians and their friends and family as well as patients. Employees want to see HDL get on the right track because they know that this way of doing business is a problem. Recently a new company has been developed by Mallory called Innovative Diagnostic Lab. We are wondering if this is set up to replace HDL.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:58 AM
Anonymous

Not to mention that they are getting their a** kicked in some of the states where they are now required to send statements and bill patients for the copay. Many providers are dropping them like a hot potato because they aren't in network and their patients are complaining about getting billed.
As far as Bluewave, what comes around.... A group of schmucks out to make some quick bucks with no regard to integrity.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Anonymous

I'm constantly asked about the "draw fee" they pay.

This is from Dr's who use them and want to know if I can offer the same.

Are there any states this is legal in? Maybe I just don't understand.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Anonymous

HDL pays a process and handling fee. Referral fees are illegal but so far P and H is not unless an individual state prohibits it. The doc should know the laws in their states. P and H is getting looked at.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
HDL pays a process and handling fee. Referral fees are illegal but so far P and H is not unless an individual state prohibits it. The doc should know the laws in their states. P and H is getting looked at.
Which states prohibit P&H payments?
Old 09-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Anonymous

don't know if any do. the practice is questionable at best but legal for now. with all of the other regs related to being transparent, this cannot last. docs are going to have to be very careful--look at what is happening in the pharma industry when it comes to reporting.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:31 AM
Anonymous

FL, CA, NV as far as I know....
Old 04-17-2014, 02:26 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

A doctor figured this out and desperately tried to give money back to HDL to clear himself. HDL would not take the money back.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:59 AM
Anonymous

All doctors need to read this:

http://www.ballardspahr.com/alertspu...hysicians.aspx
Old 07-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Thank you for posting this alert from Dept of HHS
Old 07-03-2014, 12:40 PM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: HDL to close doors in Q2

Quote:
I heard that the contract reps are making a million plus a year selling their tests and draw fees to docs. If you dont believe them just ask what they make in a month. They will try to downplay it. This seemed like fraud from the start. Just wait until the media gets ahold of this. We have legitimate test with a medical purpose and you guys are peddling excessive "draw fees".
Old 07-04-2014, 12:44 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I heard that the contract reps are making a million plus a year selling their tests and draw fees to docs. If you dont believe them just ask what they make in a month. They will try to downplay it. This seemed like fraud from the start. Just wait until the media gets ahold of this. We have legitimate test with a medical purpose and you guys are peddling excessive "draw fees".

I agree. They all have made mounds of money at the expense of patients, docs, insurance carriers etc. It is wrong what they are doing. They deserve some type of major fine to pay back the money that HDL has stolen. Its called Karma people. When you go into your doctors office and they tell you they need many tubes of blood for these tests that you just had its just not right.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Anonymous

That's fine. Still laughing all the way to the bank.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:31 AM
Anonymous

Notworthy Re: HDL to close doors in Q2

You may be laughing all the way to the bank.... But so was Bernie Madoff and the execs at Enron before tears streamed down their faces on the way to prison! Bank... Just a pitstop... Laugh it up! All good things esp those destructive to government systems and funding ...come to an end. Medicare will want a chunk back of the 100M $ a year for the last 4 years billed out.... Easy come.... EASY GO! Enjoy! :-)
Old 07-07-2014, 10:08 PM
Anonymous

read the entire OIG memo. HDL does not violate any of the items. FMV is a non issue cuz avg of reimb on draws is about equal to their doc fees. Pays per patient, not per test. Does not place draw people inside office. Does not carve out Fed patients. HDL pays the practice, not the doc. Not sure how HDL would be made accountable if another lab placed an employee there to draw, and physician collected fee. Would that really stand up in court? So HDL is supposed to monitor what another labs employee does?

It's all smoke. HDL will live on just like all the other businesses follow the law to the letter. Loopholes are made to be jumped through.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:30 AM
Anonymous

Its simply Quid Pro Quo! You can try to explain it away anyway that you want to. You are currently being investigated for violations of the law and rightfully so. You had to know what you were doing was wrong. Greed just took over for y'all. HDL and its many arms induced docs with excessive draw fees (sometimes paying them multiple times for the same patient). I wish you luck. Please dont try to pull the wool over our eyes anymore.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:03 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
read the entire OIG memo. HDL does not violate any of the items. FMV is a non issue cuz avg of reimb on draws is about equal to their doc fees. Pays per patient, not per test. Does not place draw people inside office. Does not carve out Fed patients. HDL pays the practice, not the doc. Not sure how HDL would be made accountable if another lab placed an employee there to draw, and physician collected fee. Would that really stand up in court? So HDL is supposed to monitor what another labs employee does?

It's all smoke. HDL will live on just like all the other businesses follow the law to the letter. Loopholes are made to be jumped through.
What color is the sky in your world?
Old 07-10-2014, 10:35 PM
Anonymous

It isn't just HDL. It is EVERY company. The OIG letter never talks about a specific lab. Reps that bring the letter to offices to just target HDL are foolish.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:45 PM
Anonymous

Talking Re: HDL to close doors in Q2

Turn out the lights .... the party's over!
Old 07-15-2014, 07:39 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Its simply Quid Pro Quo! You can try to explain it away anyway that you want to. You are currently being investigated for violations of the law and rightfully so. You had to know what you were doing was wrong. Greed just took over for y'all. HDL and its many arms induced docs with excessive draw fees (sometimes paying them multiple times for the same patient). I wish you luck. Please dont try to pull the wool over our eyes anymore.
Good point. I think that HDL will be used to make an example of what happens when you cheat patients because they were the biggest offender.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:24 AM
Anonymous

Any update on the qui tam suit against HDL in SC? Heard they are settling for an eye-popping $$, but they get to live on without admitting liability.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:32 AM
Anonymous

Heard the same thing, except it is Blue Wave paying the fine not HDL. Sounds like Blue Wave guys are going to jail, but HDL convinced government they didn't know that Blue Wave acted illegally. We should be able to continue our goal of serving patients and MDs with our innovative technology.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:34 AM
Anonymous

What is all this crap about? HDL has done nothing wrong. These are just competitors jealous of how much money we make selling our tests. Go get better tests, dudes
Old 07-25-2014, 12:43 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
What is all this crap about? HDL has done nothing wrong. These are just competitors jealous of how much money we make selling our tests. Go get better tests, dudes
Yeah, BlueWave reps need to keep telling themselves this. I suggest you find a good hiding place for "all that money" you made because once the OIG starts freezing your assets, you a** is gonna be out in the street freezing!

And "your" better tests weren't even "your" tests...not sure what you're referring to there.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:56 PM
Anonymous

I'm reading the most recent posts and believe there needs to be some clarification. Patient's were often not billed. If the doc wrote free on the accession, the patient didn't get billed. The docs also leave off information so the insurance cannot be billed. Even if we request the information the practice won't send it. Thousands and thousands of cases. There are also patients that go to the doc 4 times a year so they can get the check the insurance company sends them because HDL is out of network. The patients love the type of reporting hdl provides and they were not charged. I don't agree with patient being harmed.

Does anyone know if a fine has IN FACT been levied and this case settled? Is it BlueWave or HDL? I see speculation but like so much on these sites there is a lot to sift through. Is there a public website that reveals the details of this case?
Old 08-01-2014, 06:56 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: HDL to close doors in Q2

of all the posts i have ever read this one is the best..... the absolute best....a true testimate to either a blue wave or hdl rep actually showing concern.....You would know where WE WERE ALL getting our information from if greed was not blinding you from moral code..... I admit...Cafe pharma has become a place to vent and share details. while the governement is sharing details from within... oh and by governement to anwser your question...
both the STATE AND THE FEDERAL GOVERNEMENT ARE INVESTIGATING THE PRACTICES OF HDL AND ALL LABS FOR THAT MATTER..... while both have revealed some very off color practices.......yes this parts sucks for you......it is well worth the wait for the federal investigation to be completed....oh and how is this information uncovered.... um... yeah you....brainiack thats concerned..... "ever hear of forensic accounting or forensic email tools"? no.... thats ok....something tells me you will have nothing but time next year to learn about anything you are interested in
Old 08-07-2014, 11:28 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Yeah, BlueWave reps need to keep telling themselves this. I suggest you find a good hiding place for "all that money" you made because once the OIG starts freezing your assets, you a** is gonna be out in the street freezing!

And "your" better tests weren't even "your" tests...not sure what you're referring to there.
Bluewave reps should get some sleep now because it wont be long before those 1099 fraudsters will face the wrath of investigators. We hope that you didnt spend those millions because you are going to pay it back along with jail time. Greed is bad and you knew what you were getting yourselves into. When you are making hand over fist abusing the system, do you not think that there are concequences?
Old 08-07-2014, 09:54 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: HDL to close doors in Q2

you are so correct.... i think the bluewave reps have no idea how much evidence against them is circulating out there. In all states there is the ability to contact the justice department and share concerning fraudulent documentation and they "HAVE TO INVESTIGATE" all claims brought to them. so....... as previous posts have indicated.....only a matter of time
Old 09-17-2014, 01:49 AM
Anonymous

i was told that all reps were told to keep their mouths shut or else.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:34 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
i was told that all reps were told to keep their mouths shut or else.
Be a whistle blower and you will come out better. You know these idiots in Management will throw you guys under the bus.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:08 AM
Anonymous

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryhus...urce=pulsenews

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: