for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Medical Equipment/Device Sales > Dynasplint
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 40 votes, 4.90 average. Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 06:21 AM
Anonymous

Default Re: Dynasplint

I put it on this board all the time - don't get a job at Dynasplint. The whole set up is based on making money, not on fair and honest dealing. The group of employees that work with the reps to get the fittings rarely have the correct information for what insurance will cover, and the patient is invariably told their insurance will cover 100% and that is rarely the case. If the patient was given accurate information about what their insurance isn't going to cover, most would refuse the Dynasplint and the system is manipulated so that it's never communicated this way. Bad, bad management across the board here. I am sending out resumes to get the heck out. It's always been bad, and now they have gotten a new information system that they didn't want to spend money on training the employees on. Didn't seem to occur to them that lack of training will ultimately lose them more money then what they would spend on training.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Anonymous

Default Re: Dynasplint, Dynasplint, Dynasplint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Anyone know details about the whistleblower lawsuit that we just got hit with? I heard we will have to pay hundreds of millions. Can dynasplint even cut a check that big? I guess it's time to dust off my résumé.
Do a google search....Law360, New York (August 17, 2012, 6:36 PM ET) -- A federal judge on Thursday unsealed a whistleblower suit filed by a former Dynasplint Systems Inc. sales executive accusing the manufacturer of effectively providing free orthotics to skilled nursing facilities by fraudulently billing Medicare for the devices, after the U.S. government decided to intervene in the suit.

Meredith Deane originally filed the qui tam suit in Lousiana federal court in May 2010, claiming that Dynasplint is directly billing Medicare Part B — which covers medical devices — for orthotics sold to patients in skilled nursing facilities,...
Old 12-18-2012, 07:04 PM
Anonymous

Wondering how you found the court case information? Dynaplint continues to fit patient in nursing homes and bill Medicare.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Wondering how you found the court case information? Dynaplint continues to fit patient in nursing homes and bill Medicare.
Although Dynasplint may be keeping it quiet, anyone can do a web search and find the information.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Anonymous

A copy of the actual government charges that were filed last week can be found here: http://blog.whistleblowersattorneys....-Complaint.pdf
Old 12-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Anonymous

Anyone who isn't happy at Dynasplint should find a new job and stop speculating about matters that they do not have all the details of..George Hepburn is an honest man and treats his employees fairly..As for Meredith Dean if she felt the need to provide fraudulent information to the corporate office that sounds like a her issue not Mr Hepburn...He employs sales consultants across the United States and has to trust and have faith that they are going to be honest and do what is in the best interest of the patients we service and abide by all Federal policies and Corporate polices....
Old 12-26-2012, 12:25 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Anyone who isn't happy at Dynasplint should find a new job and stop speculating about matters that they do not have all the details of..George Hepburn is an honest man and treats his employees fairly..As for Meredith Dean if she felt the need to provide fraudulent information to the corporate office that sounds like a her issue not Mr Hepburn...He employs sales consultants across the United States and has to trust and have faith that they are going to be honest and do what is in the best interest of the patients we service and abide by all Federal policies and Corporate polices....
ok corporate it's too late now to defend yourself and try to cover things up...
Old 01-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Anonymous

are you guys meating your modifier quota on top of your splint quota to get bonus?
Old 01-29-2013, 11:31 AM
Anonymous

Dynasplint now cant afford to even pay the bonuses out on time now. The place is going under fast.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:37 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Dynasplint now cant afford to even pay the bonuses out on time now. The place is going under fast.
Jump while you still can!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Anonymous

Yes it is quite upsetting to say the least when you work very hard to obtain a bonus and have plans to use forit something special for your family and the company tells you at the last minute you wont be getting it all. Its embarassing to work for a company like that.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:27 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Yes it is quite upsetting to say the least when you work very hard to obtain a bonus and have plans to use forit something special for your family and the company tells you at the last minute you wont be getting it all. Its embarassing to work for a company like that.
Yes it is, I got out of that company and I will not put a blemish like Dynasplint on my resume. I would much rather tell a future employer that I had a child, was off of work, or even served time before I tell anyone that my labor and my education is worth that cheap- now y'all don't even get your bonus on top of dealing with all that mess. I am blown away. I am truly sorry that you are where you are. What a horrible position to be in, and I remember how hard that I had to work to find a new job as I was trapped because I had no money and slowly going into debt. I am truly sorry, I honestly hope things get better for you.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:17 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Is this for real? That's awful. It seems likely that a bunch of money is going to lawyers to defend the lawsuit that has been filed. Dynasplint has drawn the attention of Medicare for claims that should not have been paid, so they are taking back A LOT of money that has been paid, and denying claims for nursing home patients. This huge impact on cash will be felt at all levels - they are letting more people go and denying bonuses.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Anonymous

Arms Re: Dynasplint, Dynasplint, Dynasplint

Quote:
Dynasplint has drawn the attention of Medicare for claims that should not have been paid, so they are taking back A LOT of money that has been paid, and denying claims for nursing home patients.
In regards to Medicare, if you mess with the bull, you will get the horns:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNl42BClcP4

Once CMS or the OIG has an entity in their sights, they will will not be happy until CMS has been repaid in full. Don't be surprised if CMS applies all future payments due Dynasplint to recoup the alleged over-payments made in the past.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
What an amicable line of bullshit. Good for you: you dumbass! You must be a drunkard like my manager was when I worked at Dynasplint. The only reason that you are there is because you can't find another job. I understand, as you must have to make the best of your pathetic life and job.

1. Who the hell do you think you are speaking for M. Dean?
2. It wasn't G. Hepburn that is the bad guy. He is just a fool to turn the company over by a bunch of drunkards with a good line of bullshit.
3. We all know that the above statement is accurate in order to be in it's current state.

Good luck finding another job and just pray to god that you don't run into an ex sales rep that now has hiring capabilities as they may per chance screw with you just to screw with you.
I agree except for one part...He actually is the bad guy. Read up on the lawsuit and you will see how he himself is to blame. I used to respect him even though I felt he put the company in bad hands. After actually reading the details of the lawsuit and after he has lied numerous times directly to employees since then, I have lost that respect.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I agree except for one part...He actually is the bad guy. Read up on the lawsuit and you will see how he himself is to blame. I used to respect him even though I felt he put the company in bad hands. After actually reading the details of the lawsuit and after he has lied numerous times directly to employees since then, I have lost that respect.
Somehow I believe you without further investigation. I just thought that he was not a good business man as I saw that he sponsored a parade, like in the small town in which the company is headquartered. I couldn't believe it. I mean , what kind of moron would sponsor a parade recently all while getting sued. And this guy doesn't have money to pay his employees! How tragic! How did this guy stay in business? He never heard of working capital or cash flow?

How do you save face to your friends/family when you have a reputation for undercutting your employees. And then not have the money that you are contractually responsible to give them? (And he made that contract! And if that contract was handed off to you, like my manager did mine, demanding it back by the end of the day with no time to seek legal counseling, and because you are exciting about your new job, you sign it and send it back so your initial experience with your new manager isn't spoiled).

I cringe to think that a single working mother got on board with Dynasplint because she needed money. And bought her kids Christmas gifts that she now has no money to pay for. What a complete tragedy.

Dynasplint's balance sheet must be even more fucked up than management. (Sorry for the curse word as I can't find another word that comes close to it) Cause I'm saying- That's extremely fucked up.

I highly suggest that if a Dynasplint employee is reading this and urge them to seek legal advice. Not that you probably can afford it. Maybe the same team that helped Dean and help you somehow.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Anonymous

The details of the lawsuit are actually worse than employees were led to believe. You can google and read it online. What I would like to know is if Dynasplint isnt in the wrong and didnt fraudulently bill Medicare, why were rewards given to facilities. There is no need to bribe anyone for business if the equipment speaks for itself and there is nothing fraudulent happening. Thats JMO.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Anonymous

Gee where are our paychecks today?
Old 02-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Anonymous

Yes woke up to see no paycheck in my bank account. Owner telling everyone money is coming but some people not until Wednesday of next week.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Anonymous

I am in shock. I have bills to pay. I need my paycheck.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Anonymous

Sinking ship...
Old 02-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Anonymous

Sunk. How much worse can it get than not getting a paycheck? Officially on the job hunt.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Sunk. How much worse can it get than not getting a paycheck? Officially on the job hunt.
I think we all are.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Anonymous

Still no checks. The payroll lady just got here but we're all off in three hours, we're not getting our money today. If ever...
Old 02-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Anonymous

Let's hope when we finally get a check, we can actually cash it. This is very wrong.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Let's hope when we finally get a check, we can actually cash it. This is very wrong.
Don't count on it
Old 02-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Anonymous

Yet they say they will compensate for any overdrafts. If they cant pay a check, how will they do that? I have scheduled bill payments.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Anonymous

So now some people who got their check said it bounced.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:38 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
So now some people who got their check said it bounced.
I just heard the same.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Anonymous

Are you fucking kidding me?! How do they know already?
Old 02-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Anonymous

What happened it that only one branch was cashing them. If you tried to cash your check at another bank besides Severna Park they wouldn't cash it.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Anonymous

I heard about what happened with the paychecks. I am SO sorry to all of you, it is by far the cruddiest thing a company can do to their employees, IMHO. I am a former employee who left the company quite some time ago because of how badly I felt management dealt with things and treated their employees. It was strange to me that the majority of the employees do not have prior experience in working with medicare aside from Dynasplint's 'training'. There is one meeting I still remember about billing Medicare where alot of the questions were answered by their compliance department and G.Hepburn himself as "There are alot of grey areas, use your best judgement" and him trying to explain loopholes in medicare's manual on how to and no to bill. It didnt feel right but since I had no training elsewhere I could not pinpoint exactly what was wrong. They worked us very long hours, mandatory overtime to get everything billed during Month End ,everything would always get SO rushed....
Old 02-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Anonymous

Some people are not getting even their check until next week.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
What happened it that only one branch was cashing them. If you tried to cash your check at another bank besides Severna Park they wouldn't cash it.
But why?
Old 02-09-2013, 08:27 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
But why?
The President sent out an email saying that the bank had changed "without warning" the way payroll and direct deposits were handled, and Dynasplint had not had enough time to adjust to that change. While I'm not a banker, I would think that a large bank like BBT would have given at least 30-60 days notice to DSS about this type of payroll change. I can't see how this would have been done last minute. So now my bills have or will bounce, and I'm wondering how to feed my family this weekend. According to the previous posts, I'm now starting to wonder if I will get a check at all.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:39 AM
Anonymous

Ok so the story is the bank changed something with the deposit availability. So he ad no money in the account until making a deposit? That is still a problem.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:10 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
The President sent out an email saying that the bank had changed "without warning" the way payroll and direct deposits were handled, and Dynasplint had not had enough time to adjust to that change. While I'm not a banker, I would think that a large bank like BBT would have given at least 30-60 days notice to DSS about this type of payroll change. I can't see how this would have been done last minute. So now my bills have or will bounce, and I'm wondering how to feed my family this weekend. According to the previous posts, I'm now starting to wonder if I will get a check at all.

I received my check yesterday and was able to cash it. I am still looking for another job. Banks do not do business that way and to blame it on the bank is a cop out. There apparently was no money in the account to pay us before a deposit was made. My heart feels for you. This is unacceptable that you have to worry about your family not getting what you need because of the purely irresponsible actions of this company. I hope that you have some family or friends that can help you in the meantime and I would maybe start looking for another job. I don't buy their excuse and am worried this may happen again so that is why I am.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:42 PM
Anonymous

holy shit this is absurd...im at your competitor, ERMI, and we had something happen with our payroll management company to the effect of this last year. Ours was just a glitch in the payroll companies software. Our company had paper checks overnight ed to us within 24 hours...and i thought that was shitty. Feel for you guys.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
holy shit this is absurd...im at your competitor, ERMI, and we had something happen with our payroll management company to the effect of this last year. Ours was just a glitch in the payroll companies software. Our company had paper checks overnight ed to us within 24 hours...and i thought that was shitty. Feel for you guys.

Are you guys hiring?
Old 02-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
They've now told Maryland telecommuters that checks won't be fed-ex'd to them, but will be "dropped in the mail" on Monday.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
They've now told Maryland telecommuters that checks won't be fed-ex'd to them, but will be "dropped in the mail" on Monday.
They probably cant afford to fedex to everyone now either. I wouldnt expect it to be easy to get any overdraft fees either at this rate.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:46 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
... I was under the impression the post office was open yesterday and then today. I can't believe they're making you wait until after Monday.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
... I was under the impression the post office was open yesterday and then today. I can't believe they're making you wait until after Monday.

And I really feel for those people who have to wait until Wednesday to get cut a check. Wow to wait until Wednesday and they likely will not fed ex it. With regular post office mail it will likely be the following week before those people get paid. Completely unacceptable!
Old 02-09-2013, 10:24 PM
Anonymous

Paranoid Re: Dynasplint, Dynasplint, Dynasplint

Wow
Old 02-09-2013, 10:33 PM
Anonymous

Rant Re: Dynasplint, Dynasplint, Dynasplint

Glad they ran me off. What a Dumpster Fire!!! I feel for all the employees at DSS.
Started my own company in the same arena and couldn't be happier. This is a great business if you do it right and treat your employees better than you treat yourself.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:06 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Where did you hear that?
Old 02-10-2013, 01:07 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Where did you hear that?
I guess we are supposed to work tomorrow as if nothing has happened? Wonder how I'll get there with no gas money.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I guess we are supposed to work tomorrow as if nothing has happened? Wonder how I'll get there with no gas money.
If the doors are even open tomorrow.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:32 AM
Anonymous

Is there any further information on who has been paid and who has not ? Are there rumors of the doors being closed?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Is there any further information on who has been paid and who has not ? Are there rumors of the doors being closed?

Looks like we are open for another day at least. But not another word about what happened or when checks are being given. Their silence speaks volumes to me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: