» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Pharma Sales Jobs

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Laboratory/Diagnostic Sales > Quest Diagnostics
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quest Diagnostics Anonymous boards for Quest Diagnostics

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 09:06 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: 2014 Layoffs

I------and the bottom line-------dispute the squatters who say "because I've been here so long I have more value."

Your performance TODAY is what matters, it is what you are being paid for. The party is over. Perform. Now.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
If the average lab employee knew the kind of bucks many people pull down in HQ for doing very little and certainly nothing that adds value, they would be shocked.
I could post all that crap right here. I see it all.

I don't think it would do any good and there would be many hurt feelings. For real.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
You are correct, except that pathetic imbecile was not born through normal channels. He came into being after his mother overdosed on ex lax.
That is way tooooooooo funny.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:19 PM
Anonymous

Post #50 LOL. That does sum it up! Hilarious!
Old 12-17-2013, 07:29 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I could post all that crap right here. I see it all.

I don't think it would do any good and there would be many hurt feelings. For real.
Believe it would be much more than hurt feelings.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Post #50 LOL. That does sum it up! Hilarious!
Hey, older workers may say and do all those things, but guess what--young (particularly very young workers), do it more often. Where is all this animosity and hatred for old folks coming from? The vitriol coming from these posts is truly disturbing.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:14 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Hey, older workers may say and do all those things, but guess what--young (particularly very young workers), do it more often. Where is all this animosity and hatred for old folks coming from? The vitriol coming from these posts is truly disturbing.
Yes this is disturbing, I have been with quest for over 20 years and I came from a generation that you give 100% at work, be grateful you have a job and no one owes you anything except a payceck for a days work. Funny the whining I hear comes from the younger generation, the entitlement attitude, I don't work nights, I don't work weekends or past five, I should make 80-90 in base dispute ones lack of experience or education, I deserve a fancier car to drive have the company pay for my home internet blah blah blah....one can only hope we are healthy enough or have the desire to work in our later years as many do bring experience and knowledge to the table if your willing to learn from it.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:35 AM
Anonymous

This is really disgusting. Remember you will be old too, one day. And maybe there is someone looking at you right now and thinking you are old to them.
And you want to be in the Healthcare industry?
You sound like an idiot. Young, immature, stupid and obviously naive.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:40 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
This is really disgusting. Remember you will be old too, one day. And maybe there is someone looking at you right now and thinking you are old to them.
And you want to be in the Healthcare industry?
You sound like an idiot. Young, immature, stupid and obviously naive.
Its not about being old... its about being old and unproductive... and there really is a lot of that... of course, there's plenty of young and unproductive, too. All the good people who can leave have already left.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:54 PM
Anonymous

Quest does not exactly have a stellar record on the aging workforce...many VSP folks were "pushed", a number of discrimination lawsuits, etc.etc.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Anonymous

Sounds like a great idea to replace the older, more experienced, seasoned veterans by the Young, non-experienced, entitlement minded, lazy, green Reps that do not know how to wipe their own butt!
Old 12-18-2013, 06:56 PM
Anonymous

Yes, it is about the older and very unproductive workforce. Also---not the 65 and under---the 65++ (some are 70yrs old)!

Worst part is---they can retire--yet when the younger workers get laid off due to lack of seniority---the older ppl DO NOT step up to the plate and GO! That is not right.

I know two single mothers struggling with kids who got let go, all while overpaid lazy 65+ seniors were schlepping around the building, dawdling and chatting away the day.

How offensive is that!?
Old 12-18-2013, 10:12 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Yes, it is about the older and very unproductive workforce. Also---not the 65 and under---the 65++ (some are 70yrs old)!

Worst part is---they can retire--yet when the younger workers get laid off due to lack of seniority---the older ppl DO NOT step up to the plate and GO! That is not right.

I know two single mothers struggling with kids who got let go, all while overpaid lazy 65+ seniors were schlepping around the building, dawdling and chatting away the day.

How offensive is that!?
YOU are an offensive "human?" being
Old 12-18-2013, 11:47 PM
Anonymous

Can we please stop making fun of the hospital team?
Old 12-19-2013, 10:17 AM
Anonymous

Get back to work
Old 12-19-2013, 08:26 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: 2014 Layoffs

Quote:
Can we please stop making fun of the hospital team?

More like the PAE's and PAM's. Now there is something to make fun of and while you are at it let's add you to the list.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:22 PM
Anonymous

I notice on here that if anyone has a difference of opinion, they are ridiculed and called names. Please grow up yourselves, so we can have meaningful discussions.
I do not say these things lightly. I have witnessed older workers slacking off.
Why would I say it if I have never seen it?
If we were face to face--would you call me a punk etc?? Noooo I doubt it. You would be too afraid to. Maybe behind my back though, of course. :-)
Old 12-19-2013, 11:09 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I notice on here that if anyone has a difference of opinion, they are ridiculed and called names. Please grow up yourselves, so we can have meaningful discussions.
I do not say these things lightly. I have witnessed older workers slacking off.
Why would I say it if I have never seen it?
If we were face to face--would you call me a punk etc?? Noooo I doubt it. You would be too afraid to. Maybe behind my back though, of course. :-)
Why would anyone be afraid to confront you? Are you trying to be intimidating or confrontational? I am sure you have seen old folks slacking off. I have seen tons of young workers texting, laughing, playing radios, juking, jiving, taking 30 minute breaks. Believe me, no one group has a monopoly on these behaviors.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:49 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Why would anyone be afraid to confront you? Are you trying to be intimidating or confrontational? I am sure you have seen old folks slacking off. I have seen tons of young workers texting, laughing, playing radios, juking, jiving, taking 30 minute breaks. Believe me, no one group has a monopoly on these behaviors.
So true and let's not forget about call ins too..
Old 12-20-2013, 08:12 PM
Anonymous

So let me understand this. You are okay with ppl working way beyond retirement, though they do not need the money, while blocking the next generation of young ppl from entering the workforce? What a selfish thing to do.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
So let me understand this. You are okay with ppl working way beyond retirement, though they do not need the money, while blocking the next generation of young ppl from entering the workforce? What a selfish thing to do.
I normally would be okay with but not in this horrible job market. If old folks are working because they need the money, why should they suffer by giving up their jobs? If they are working because they are bored or whatever but are set financially, then I agree that they should retire and give younger people a shot at it.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:03 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I normally would be okay with but not in this horrible job market. If old folks are working because they need the money, why should they suffer by giving up their jobs? If they are working because they are bored or whatever but are set financially, then I agree that they should retire and give younger people a shot at it.
Craziest shit I ever heard. I am floating somewhere between the young whippersnappers and the elderly geriatrics in terms of longevity in this plane of reality. Regardless there ain't no way I am giving up my job for anybody to give anybody else "a shot at it" regardless of whether or not I am set financially. I will work until I am kicked out or until I feel like leaving and no regard to who might or might not take my place. Not my concern who fills my spot (or doesn't fill my spot) when I leave. It might be somebody younger or it might be somebody older. If I am not doing the hiring than it is not my concern.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:12 PM
Anonymous

Unhappy Re: 2014 Layoffs

Quote:
What the hell is wrong with you? If your unemployed stop blaming "old" people for taking your job or keeping you from one, you clearly need to get some help. Allot of companies are simply eliminating positions and not replacing people. Seriously refocus. The job market is simple supply and demand, do you have the skill sets that the market is looking for? Try focusing there.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:07 PM
Anonymous

Talking Re: 2014 Layoffs

You young kids hang in there. You need more Sales experience, keep upselling those French Fries and Large Cokes.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:36 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
You young kids hang in there. You need more Sales experience, keep upselling those French Fries and Large Cokes.
Yea and they are your sons and daughters.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Yea and they are your sons and daughters.
Damn right. There is no way I would encourage my kids to have a 100k+/yr job as their first earning experience. They need to spend some time at minimum wage jobs and gain some valuable life lessons that clearly some other people are lacking.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:33 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Damn right. There is no way I would encourage my kids to have a 100k+/yr job as their first earning experience. They need to spend some time at minimum wage jobs and gain some valuable life lessons that clearly some other people are lacking.
But they are entitled. Obama told them they are. You should be able to get over paid and do nothing to earn it.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:48 PM
Anonymous

Unless you went to medical school and graduated as an MD, or your some type of engineer in high demand its unlikely an new college grad will command a high salary. Experience, and time is where those negotiation rights come in. The company wants to know what can you do for me? So without much of a resume be thankful they give you a chance to prove yourself. If we don't start looking for a new job we could all be serving Fry's and a coke because quest isn't going to make it.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:29 PM
Anonymous

Jester Re: 2014 Layoffs

Quote:

How offensive is that!?
It's a joke. Young sales people don't work. They come in daily ,do little ,get their car benefit and bring in doctors maybe or accounts that are crap.
Old sales got the productive accounts unless you have a hot babe who the doc falls over.
Quest lays off on a regular basis just to keep the profits at a level the stockholders will be happy with. I worked 13 years in Teterboro and 8 years in Long Island. They will pay you off with a great package. They never keep their staff not even the good ones especially in the tristate area.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
It's a joke. Young sales people don't work. They come in daily ,do little ,get their car benefit and bring in doctors maybe or accounts that are crap.
Old sales got the productive accounts unless you have a hot babe who the doc falls over.
Quest lays off on a regular basis just to keep the profits at a level the stockholders will be happy with. I worked 13 years in Teterboro and 8 years in Long Island. They will pay you off with a great package. They never keep their staff not even the good ones especially in the tristate area.
Is the package for sales the same as the rest of the company or is it different? So far the package for the company is 2 wks salary/full year of service unless you are AmeriPath then it is 1 wk salary/full year of service. But sales could certainly be different?

And the big question others are asking is whether JH will be cutting this package for the rest of the company down to 1 wk/yr come the new year.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:50 PM
Anonymous

Same severance package yes. 2 weeks for every year served.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:19 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Same severance package yes. 2 weeks for every year served.
So when in 2014is the layoff?
Old 12-24-2013, 06:08 AM
Anonymous

Maybe this will calm everyone. There are no layoff's planned. Align yourself with the 5 point strategy. Especially restoring growth. But seriously, shit will hit the fan somewhere shortly before the Q1 earnings report is released. I have heard it called Operation Mass Exodus.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2013, 06:55 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Maybe this will calm everyone. There are no layoff's planned. Align yourself with the 5 point strategy. Especially restoring growth. But seriously, shit will hit the fan somewhere shortly before the Q1 earnings report is released. I have heard it called Operation Mass Exodus.

Merry Christmas!
There is nobody left to leave. You can't restore growth with operations run so thin. You need to invest money to make money. You cannot cut your way to profit. We are losing out to regional, local and boutique labs because of pricing and poor service. Very sad
Old 12-24-2013, 11:39 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
There is nobody left to leave. You can't restore growth with operations run so thin. You need to invest money to make money. You cannot cut your way to profit. We are losing out to regional, local and boutique labs because of pricing and poor service. Very sad
Right "there is nobody left to leave" I think that you need to do a head count again.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
It's ok. We just purchased Solstas so we will have some business back. I was talking to a local rep of theirs and they all seem to be drinking the acquisition kool-aid. They think we will be the ones leaving and they will take our place. Some of their 20-30k monthly checks will be no longer coming!!! Idiots!
Old 12-28-2013, 02:27 AM
Anonymous

Arms Re: 2014 Layoffs

Quote:
It's ok. We just purchased Solstas so we will have some business back. I was talking to a local rep of theirs and they all seem to be drinking the acquisition kool-aid. They think we will be the ones leaving and they will take our place. Some of their 20-30k monthly checks will be no longer coming!!! Idiots!
Another useless spending spree buy a mom and pop lab to restore growth, right, more head count, more saturation with no real growth. The end of Q1 will be the end. Heads will have to start rolling I predict the typical useless departments like marketing will start to go, then SD hang on to your heads because they will want to blame YOU for their territory under performing after all it's not the company's fault they decided to cut mangers by promoting them! Now we have better paid idiots at the helm! It's so sad it's funny

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: