Company Car

Discussion in 'Cubist' started by Anonymous, Mar 12, 2007 at 6:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know this question is somewhat unimportant when you are making good money already but I am wondering if this is a company car or a car allowance position? It's not a deal breaker either way....i'm just getting a feel for the overall package. Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

450/mon. car allowance plus 48 cents per mile.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the info. Some other threads on this board were saying that this isn't a very good package for car allowance. After .48/mile is added onto the $450/mo...this seems like a pretty generous package. Please refute me if I am off my rocker. Thank you for the input.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are you saying that if a rep drives 1000 miles a month for business, the reimbursement is $480 + $450 for car?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You idiot, it's not 48 cents a mile. It's a variable amount each month depending on gas prices. It averages about 15 cents a mile.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The above answers are incorrect. Depending on how many miles you drive + the amount of miles per year will average out a depreciation rate, which if the more you drive the more you get reimbursed, average I'd say is more in the $500 range, as mine is $535. The cost of insurance also factors into the equation, then the cost of gas and new tires, figure an average of .15 cents a mile.

What I get reimbursed each month with an average of 3500 miles turned in to CRS (Cubist's Car Reimbursement Program) is around $1100.

Hope this helps.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The whole idea of car reimbursement is not to make extra $$$, is to at least break even to cover the cost of the car so it feels like a free company car without them physically giving you a car. Be grateful if you worked in medical devices, most do not even offer that at all. 100% on your own.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

its a perk-get over it

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just checkin. How much do you spend in gas alone a month.$350 to $400. the rest is for all of the other factors. wow. think I'll stay big pharma. you
    must be losing money.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The reimbursement model is based on a Honda Accord 6cylinder. You may have some out of pocket expense if you choose a more upscale car. We spend so much time in our cars, why not drive something nice? Any out of pocket car expenses can be reported on your taxes to offset all the bonus money we make.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the Company car reimbursement of 450.00 per month Taxed???

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its a very very mediocre auto plan. Its not taxed but you definitely don't do anything but break even at best

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Talk about idiots! That $450 is considered taxable income by the IRS. The .48/mile is the IRS reimbursement standard. This is not variable based upon gas prices, but is fixed by the IRS periodically. Regardless, I've had Co. cars and car allowances. I'd rather drive what I want, and own my car than drive an obvious rep car. If my kids want to puke on the seats, that's my problem.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The reimbursement is absolutely NOT taxed as long as you stay w/in plan guidelines...if you drive less than 20,000ish miles a yr your car must be w/in 3 model years old, the car must have been over $17,000 when purchased new..you get a base payment of anywhere from 450 to 550 based on where you live and you get a variable payment per mile based on how $$$ gas is in your territory...right now mine is .22 cents a mile. I drive about 1200 miles a month and get about $750

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When gas is $3.30 per gallon this is a shitty, repeat shitty plan. $650 per month and .48 cents a mile would be the ticket. Some device companies have plans like this.

If you want to break even, you'll have to drive a rep type of car under your plan.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last time I checked we are Rep-type of car sales reps.

Be reasonable when you switch from a company car to your own car and make a solid financial decision and you will be OK.

Do most of us realize that after pay, bonus, and benefits we make more than most of the PharmD's and newer ID's that are so important to our business.

If you want to drive a Mercedes for your self-esteem and image problems go ahead but don't bitch like it is deserved....your a drug rep, just like the rest of us!

I suppose you acquired a taste for Gray Goose and Golf since becoming a rep as well?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No...you are an idiot. .48 cents per mile means .48 cents per mile. I am a sales rep and I get 40.5 cents per mile. Pretty self explanatory. Moving past that...yes...that is a great deal.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You just embarassed yourself. I have been doing this for a number of years in medical (dme) sales. Your reimbursement is NOT TAXED. If you are claming it as income...you lost alot of money. If it is in your w-2..it is then taken out again as a "wash". Dummy. I drive my own car and get reimubursed monthly. Works for me. But I would rather have a company car.

Go ahead and let kids puke on YOUR seats.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is bullshit. A couple of sources told me the per mile amount is like 20 cents.
    It wasn't the only reason I dropped my appy but it was something to say this is some extra crap I don't want to deal with.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

20 cents a mile! That is horrible. But it is pretty true. I am just glad I work a more metro area. Less miles Ha Ha. My BMW holds up just fine.