Even Deborah W has Doubts

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, May 28, 2015 at 7:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Deborah puts on a good show but she has told other Sr Leaders that she thinks that we're in too deep of a hole to turn things around....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She has half a brain -- she should have enormous doubts.

What % of ADVAIR are we replacing when it goes generic?

5%? 10%? Hope everyone in RTP likes cheesesteaks...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, no sh*t Sherlock. Ask anyone who raised their hand for the package. Lifeboat please!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Beyond hope and prayer, what does a GSK optimist hang their hat on?

-Delay of ADVAIR Generic Entry?
    -BREO?
    -ANORO?
    -the injectable?
    -TANZEUM?

Seriously, what is it? I know a lot of people say, "I can't believe what has happened to this great company." Sure. But, it's happened. What's next? Are we surrounded by that many people just hoping to stay on the Titanic as long as possible?

I'm not asking this to be a jerk. I'm asking this because I truly don't understand.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Major company implosion. Ask the 100,000+ people who once worked for Kodak, the leader in film and motion picture technology, reduced to less than 8,000 people, how this could happen. Failure to keep up with technology, poor decisions at the leadership level (they invented digital), and a failure to see the future before it was too late. Kodak=GSK. At best, GSK becomes a small pharma company with less than half the employees it currently employs, and hopes for a corporate takeover. Giving up R&D and the ability to invent and price new products and to justify their cost, focusing on a volume strategy with "me too" products and heavy discounting, putting all your marbles on low margin vaccines and consumer products. You don't have to be a genius to see that GSK as a pharma giant is done. It will be a slow downward spiral over the next year and a half until a merger or most likely a buyout wipes out a once great company. They will be studying this in business schools for years. So many mistakes. This didn't have to happen. Very sad times. Prepare yourself folks. There are a ton of exciting things going on in the pharma industry. Contrary to popular belief, other companies are launching blockbuster products and commanding prices from payer organizations that increase their bottom line and stock price, along with inspiring and rewarding their sales forces. Focus on yourself! Go for it!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The bottom line is that the people who were brought over from Lilly have destroyed this once great company. From Diedre to Jack to Tom Scales.

Lilly has been doing great the past 3 years.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

None of these people had anything to do with the pipeline that became the products that are being sold today. The new products are not differentiated enough and it is all just a price war.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why turn around? Damn the torpedoes! Full steam ahead!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's what happens when you put a whiny woman into that position. She can't handle the heat!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

duh, everyone has their doubts...just look at the stock price. also, word on the street is that outside of cheryl that leadership team she picked is not going to do her any favors. probably doesn't matter anyways...heard from someone in the home office that there are more consultants than employees in the office and they are the ones telling our clueless leaders what to do...what a great confidence boost for our success

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can't fault her for having doubts. However, it does show poor judgment that she's a) running around telling people about it or b) trusting the wrong people.