Ride Along Tips

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jun 17, 2015 at 4:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone have any tips for ride alongs? What are best practices for any level?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hope for massive gas so they have to get out of your car as soon as possible!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The worst part of a ride along is that you can't fart. The gas just builds up till you are ready to explode.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it really any wonder why sales stink when we have people at this company with the mentality of a 15 year old school boy making gas references, not to mention that fact that we have seen this kind of thread over and over again.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Drive in the left lane at all times

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Drive backwards in the left lane-always.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While doing your ride along, use more than the tip.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok what is pathetic is that someone is asking how to essentially work when you have a ride along ... Jeez! they gotta stop hiring these non-experienced reps ... GSK has no clue.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To post #5. The flatulence jokes are a bit juvenile, I agree. However, hear me out on something. As human beings, we have certain biological functions, gas being only one of them. We urinate and yes, defecate as well. These are typically private moments we take at any given time of day or night. No one else is aware. Now, during a ride-along, your manager will sit next to you for eight hours straight. Never leaving your side. It's humiliating when you need to relieve yourself and your manager is waiting right outside the public restroom you use. There is no dignity whatsoever. So yes, we do make fart references. We are treated as children. Why not make a poop joke? My question to Cheryl Mac. How would you feel if Jack B worked next to you for eight straight hours? Never leaving your side. Give the reps some respect! The reason GSK is in the position it's in has to do with corrupt upper management, not the 15 year rep trying to make a living for his/her family. This company will be bought within the next two years..ooops merge within the next two years. So eat all the beans and cabbage you can stomach and gas the hell out of em!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Know your territory, docs who are writing, marketshare for GSK and competitors. Don't do a full milk run, go to hard to see docs as well so they can get the full picture. Take up time by entering in calls after each stop. Ask a lot of questions and take feedback constructively. Make sure your car is fully stocked, PI's, samples, etc. Make sure nothing is expired or recalled, which unfortunately just about everything we are working with right now. Suggest they ride in their own car if possible. This allows you to breathe and have some alone time to gather your thoughts. You do this every day (I hope) and we are only talking about 1 day a month tops to put on a show. Easy smeezy!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess I'm not a good bull$shitter like the previous post. When you have a manager who behaves like a nazi, questioning everything you do and say, it aint so easy. Ride-alongs will eventually change. Probably as soon as the millennials begin getting into management positions. They will see that this antiquated management technique belongs back in the eighties. The only ones unwilling to change are the same people asking us to continually change. The irony is comical. So in the mean time, we have to put on a show. Lie about the effectiveness of teleconferences, close on every call (even when one is not appropriate), lie, and then lie some more. That is what this organization is built on. Lies! China? Lies. U.S. CIA. Lies. "The other shoe will is not going to drop". Lies. PF winner circle winners...Alll of them cheated, more lies. I am not making this up. I am not just complaining, well maybe a little, but what I have written is 100% fact! Not lies. See what the truth gets you at GSK? Deaf ears. So lie as much as you can here at GSK, its what they expect and reward.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After my last ride along the gas built up so much it took a 5 minute continuous blast to make me feel good.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bean beans beans...
    piles of beans beans beans beans beans
    and if you try to speak to me
    I'll blast you wit the schphincter
    and knock you to the ground...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. But, as to: "[p]robably as soon as the millennials begin getting into management positions. They will see that this antiquated..." I wouldn't count on it. They're to busy twattering and crying to their helicopter parents/minders that nobody gave them a trophy today.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you get to the office call say, "Hello, Dr ____, this here is my boss, but you can just call him, 'Doofus'"

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In the car, you must give fair warning under the Geneva Convention. For example, you may announce: "Prepareth thee for mine analVapours!" And then unleash the Nu-Klee-3r blast, full force...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yawn......why don't you go and troll the school yards and playgrounds for people that will actually find your fart comments as being funny.