Company Car

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Feb 15, 2012 at 8:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are the current fleet vehicles offered to GSK employees?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

taurus, fusion, and escape

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would pick the escape - that is escape from GSK.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is there a small suv?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just the escape

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hint : order the spring hinge for rear door, only $12 extra. It really helps in the long run, and can use them on co. cars in the future.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ford Focus is on Fall 2012 selector. No more Escape or Taurus. This move can potentially save over 100,000 gallon of fuel per day with the US sales force. Managers still have the Fusion option.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, you can't live on love - someone's gotta pay the bills, right? Besides, I don't think the Mazda SUVs are that good on gas ....

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HAHAHA! Couldn't agree more!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go for a Mercedes - apparently that worked well for Benzie!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1985 Yugo GV

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Adobe plexicar.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rentamobile for rentarep

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why don't they stop giving cars so they can save money?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because it costs more to pay reps the mileage rate. Duh!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's the same as saying cut our pay and perks to save money.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm just trying to figure out how to jam the GPS looking module I found bolted to the under carriage

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually it costs more to lease and pay insurance.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

a lot of this is "hidden" from the field I belie-I may be wrong but am talking about 10 yrs ago--I used a program your company offered ( I left long ago) called Runzheimer. It will allow you a lease program but you have to sort of "push" for it. You will also spend a bit more vs a company car--but you can drive a nice smaller Saab sedan or Volvo and enjoy it. I hesitated for a few years and then went for it. Loved it! If I am spending that much time in a car, I want to drive what I enjoy. I do understand, it depends on your stage of life. Sure, if you have kids, college payments et al, you are maybe not a Rinz. person. I was. I am a car fanatic and refused to drive an Escape. Nothing is wrong with them. They are free right? No insurance etc. I paid more, but was in a different situation than most. eg-trust fund, in-laws who were loaded etc. In fact, my father in law made the payments to Runzheimer through me of course. He is a car NUT and could not stand to see his daughter in an Escape. We are divorced, and in hindsight--very snobby people. I did take the money though! I drove a very small Volvo s-40 sedan but loved it. Leather, upgraded sound system. heated seats etc. Loved it. Would not hurt to call fleet and inquire about Runzheimer. Many VP's use it. Believe me. Do you think they drive Escapes? Of course not. I don't mean field VPs, rather home office guys. I still cannot believe GSK even has managers drive the same cars as reps. You may be the only company that does that. I have been around--many years.. Each class level gets better cars with other companies I know of. eg-reps-Volvo s40, 1st level mgrs. s60 then VP the s80. Just how it works with class companies who pay well. (generally smaller companies--hint hint--small Japanese companies--it is cultural to reward management with better cars etc.) I lived in Japan for 2 years at headquarters and learned the language. Maangers are almost worshiped-get a damned nice car and enjoy it!