Being Bullied in Biopharm

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jan 31, 2011 at 4:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is going on with GSK management and supervisors bullying and harrassing employees by issuing Coaching Memos which could lead to instantaneous termination. This is being done by manipulating the truth and targeting the employees they want to get rid of by setting them up. Also, can anyone share a GSK bullying experience and what is the best business approach to handle it.

Thanks,

Being Bullied in Biopharm

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best way is to actually work from 8-5, and get all your expenses,call reporting..done in a timely manner. Return calls promptly and stop complaining to anyone who will listen. Most people who end up with bullying is because they complain about it to everyone that is listening.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do not look behind the curtain, GSK is the great and powerful OZ.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

f you

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am afraid you are being targeted. The next step might be the verbal warning issued to you in writing which you have to sign and then agree that you will not discuss this verbal warning with anyone. Then it's usually about 6 weeks before they terminate, for no good reason. They will give you a written with a severance for a couple months, or give you a month to improve, then they say they will fire you after that 30 days is complete if you haven't improved. They don't care if you have good numbers, they just decide who they want out and your manager will say you lack ability.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It isn't bullying, it's just business as usual at The New GSK. This stuff happens all the time currently. Somebody above you wants you out. You may not even be able to guess who or why:
    1) Somebody has a score to settle with you
    2) Your boss has a buddy who wants your job
    3) Your boss'es boss doesn't like the way you look
    4) You PO'ed an SVP ten years ago without realizing it

The possibilities are many. Just go with it. You are one of the lucky ones. You get to leave and can collect unemployment if you need it. You may also get some severance to boot. Line up another job and then thank your lucky stars when GSK gives you a pink slip.

If you are a minority or protected class, you may just win the lottery.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is happening in all areas of pharma. Don't count on it, white female over 40 was treated exactly as post #1. When managment or district manager is ready to let a rep go, they will have something very specific stated even though a set up can be laid out very clearly. There will be a full case and decision made before you know anything is going on. Suspected false field contact reports wasn't enough. Even if there is a pattern of behaviors, attorneys only want the huge suites that will be worth their firms ligiation time. gsk, managers & their attorneys are evil people. If we could all join together, that just might be a lucky day.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hire an attorney who specializes in emplolyment law.
    Dont walk this road alone.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That way you can lose your job AND your bank account. Do your job, fight for your rights, and look for another.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IANAL, but I can save the OP $500 or so. Attorney will tell you that unless you are a minority you have zero case. Even if you are a minority, GSK legal goes to great lengths to assure the numbers look okay when cuts are made.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^ that's not to say you AREN'T being discriminated against. Just that they will make it exceedingly difficult to PROVE you were the victim of discrimination.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes definetly look for a job immediately. Unless you can prove you are being harrassed, there is nothing you can do. I had great numbers and they said I didn't have right skills and within two months I was gone. I found something about a month later. It's a matter of time, and your "friends" at GSK will not associate with you anymore at meetings, they are all fake friends. All your pod mates that you worked with for years, talk behind your back and won't look at you or sit by you. They don't care if your being bullied, but when it happens to them, you will be the first one they call to get advice from. My "friends" were not at all supportive during and after the process, but 6 months later, one of them called me crying and was in the same boat. I didn't return her call, then another girl called me on her behalf, because now they were scared. Realize you work for an unethical company and are surrounded by people that will stab you in the back and throw you under the bus when your not looking. I have never worked with so many selfish people in my life and I am happy to be out of that fake industry.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

keep in mind they do this to lots of people, but no one can really talk about it because they make u sign something so that you won't tell anyone, this adds to the intimidation and "TRANSPARENCY". My teammate was threatened for months and he was a top performer with an idiot for a manager. Luckily he found another job, but management is unethical and they have absolutely no shame in the way they behave. They have set us up in an environment for years where we have to report calls on doctors that we can't realistically see that many times, then they throw it in thier investigation, if they can't force you to leave on your own when they say you don't have skills to sell, even if your numbers are good. If you don't fit into the corporate mold, or you complained once, or asked for help, or asked why, or aren't a beautiful man or woman, under a certain age, then you get on the list. GSK is the worst of the worst. The culture is sickening, and HR here only operates to protect it's own management unethical discrimination. Everything they say that GSK is based on, is TOTAL BS. I'm sorry but you better get your resume out there, they will find a way to get rid of you, and your probably a great rep.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The same story happened to me in Oklahoma.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very sad when being bullied. I really don't get HR. There's two people I know that work for this company and both have had mutiple calls to HR regarding their unethical behavior (one working another job and another who falsified many expense accounts) and there is not one thing that has been done to them. Still working, still cheating the company. Their bosses are aware of the fact, yet they are still employed. Too bad you don't have their boss. Good luck to you.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, you really don't. HR exists solely to protect the interests of the company. They are not your friend and they definitely are not on your side.

No good ever came out of an employee calling HR. You might as well call and say "hello I'd like to be fired" because ultimately that is what will happen.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks to everyone who shared their experiences and had sincere advice. Ironically, I hadn't checked this post since I was issued the Coaching Memo and did receive a Verbal Warning after I compained to my manager that I felt that I was being singled out. I have to agree that I have been targeted because I have done everything to comply with the Coaching Memo and they just embellished more examples of my inability to perform my job. I was told initially when I refused to sign the Coaching Memo that it didn't matter because they would just keep coming up with more examples and that is exactly what they are doing. I am a Manufacturing Associate and not a rep but it sounds as if we are all going through the same nightmare. I'm very tired and at this point I just want my life back and be the happy person I used to be. A friend was with me when I spoke to someone from HR and she actually told me that I would be better off getting fired and collecting unemployment rather than suffer the pychological abuse that I have been experiencing. Thanks again for everyone's support and may God sustain us.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The situation of pretty much everyone I know at GSK right now.

OP, don't give in and quit - then the sleazy managers are the winners.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please post any websites or organizations to help those who are being bullied and harrassed at GSK. What can current and former employees do to protect themselves and get some type of compensation for what they are going through? This is something that I never thought that I would be experiencing since I am a very conscientious person. There seems to be a pattern of abuse going on with this organization.