STOP FAKING CALLS

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Apr 2, 2015 at 8:20 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been calling a call what it actually is. If it is a sample drop, or staff-only call, then that is how I am documenting it. Yes, my manager is having a FIT about this but I don't care because the quality of the calls are good and 8 calls/day is completely unachievable in this territory (not even close) due to drive times and access issues. Interest in P2P is very low, but not non-existent. Will not do a "FIDO" call, or "closet-FLT", but will stick to the definition of a call and the CPP guidelines. Quantity metrics be damned, I've had it with the lack of honesty, transparency, or internally-facing integrity.

This may go down to the wire folks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is a "FIDO" call? "closet FLT?

Don't you think it's time to redefine what a "call" really is? People are doing the best they can with the access they have. In my mind, we get paid to seek the best possible interaction with a customer/account. I don't care what stupid call category or arbitrary designation in a drop down menu is selected.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gray hair here.......for most of my years in sales, we had outside companies doing spot checks on every rep.......checking with the physician and sample signatures sometimes. Good luck with the game you are playing.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I CANT STOP FAKING CALLS

You just don't seem to understand. Its a shell game, a game played all the way to the very top. I will tell you this: if you don't fake calls, then your call metrics will be lower than everyone else's.

Guess what happens then (keeping in mind how poorly we've launched our last two drugs)?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: I CANT STOP FAKING CALLS

If they want body counts, give them body counts.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm through with playing games, that's the whole point. And yes, I also am quite familiar with where this may lead. Bring it on.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can not be for real or you are truly stupid! Go out and do the best you can every day and play the fricking game. Everybody the whole way to upper management knows that 75% of calls are bullshit. You, playing Eagle Scout, is pitifully stupid, but it is your ass not mine. Keep it up and you will always regret it! Hope you are listening!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I understand OP's point, but he/she doesn't seem to understand that its no longer 2003 where everyone is playing the Share of Voice game. The odds of getting hired at a pharma company with a future are extremely small if you've been employed for 8 to 10 years as a rep.

For$75K, Contract houses can offer up a multiple Pinnacle Club earning, numerous Circle of Excellence-winning Hall of Famer. Or 11.

Why the heck would they want a sim-taking, sample dropping GSK rep making $85K? Please someone, answer my question.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You understand what I'm doing, but you just don't like it. You fear it, and you fear how it makes you feel about yourself. Losing this job is not the worst thing that could happen, not by a long shot. Heck, you might even benefit by it if it helps foment some kind of positive change within this organization, unless you are too accustomed to grabbing your ankles and saying "Thank-you sir, may I have another".
    I am not naive, and have played the game a long time, under more difficult than average circumstances (access), I assure you. Time to take it to the next level. Don't worry chum, it probably won't effect you at all.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By the way I wrote the above post and 25 plus years ago I felt a lot like you do and almost quit the industry. Luckily, I hung in there and my blessings working for GSK are way too many to mention and that would have been a big mistake to have left. Use your head and as I mentioned above, go out and do the best you can every day. But at the end of the day give them what they want and feel good about yourself because you have done the best you can. Hope I have reached you and others who may be thinking the way you are.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was so distressed I spoke with my pastor about this. At the end of the meeting, I realized that without honesty an individual can lose his sense of self and spiral down into all kinds of unethical behavior. Thank you for speaking up on this. I am with you, and we shall see where it leads. One thing is certain--it will lead to a better place.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It will also lead you to the unemployment line. Go find another job before you start entering your calls ethically because you wont be here wrong.

Its a game folks. Play or go its that simple.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To #12. Play or go? Maybe this is the choice of HOW one decides to go. Get it now?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So sad , the many gimme-generation kids that are out there.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i would like more info on the closet FLT.. a female rep giving a quick hand release for the doc and a quick gsk product mention?? it beats patient first.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The PR guys are easy to pick out now. They all use this sunglasses dude on every post.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will stop faking calls just a soon as your wife stops faking orgasms.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Remember, you and your peers were selected by your ability to perform on tests--unless someone cheated on the tests

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I actually faked all of my calls yesterday, but 1! 1 actual call all day and it was 30 seconds at the most! Went to the gym, post office, Sherwin Williams, and did a little shopping. I cannot quit faking calls. It is necessary for my survival. Management knows this is happening, and looks the other way. It's accepted now.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I fake calls, fake FLTs, and cheat on every simulation and assessment. I am now grade 7 with stock options and number one rep in my district, grade 9 and never finished above 100 in my region back in the sales days. Patient first paid for my sons first year at nova! Thanks Diedre, hated to see her go.