GSK to Follow Merck-Nofartis lead...

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jun 27, 2015 at 3:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

which is to cut the sales force to bare bones...that means naked to you hillbillies.
    So stay tuned to the future...It will not be "Back to the Future III"

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the board troll sits around all day trying to figure out how to bring up the subject of "farts" in his post. Most of us got past that when we moved on from Jr. High.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

News flash from hillbilly central: We are already "bare-bones", as you put it. There is only a very small portion of fat left. Which would be: one of the the respiratory teams. After that you may be able to cut field management by another 25%. That's it. And as we witnessed in the last down-sizing. the cut was methodical, surgical and rational. LTC , ICT/IDN, and useless management i.e. RBDs, and FCLs.

If you want a peek into GSKs future, allow me to share what I see in the crystal ball...I see a merger in our future. Cannot tell if it is hostile or mutual but I see GSK joining forces. AW has demolished this company. Not that he didn't inherit a ship with holes in it. He could have easily patched those holes. Made moves to strengthen our position. Instead, we got China! We negotiated a brutal CIA in the U.S. He embraced the corruption by refusing to see the truth. The truth is still alive and well here at GSK. What's the truth you may ask? LIES!!! EVERYONE LIES in this company. Sit back and take a look at the last ten years. Think of all the half-truths you have been told.(thats putting it mildly).

Ok, so prove me wrong. Prediction: GSK will merge with another company by late 2015 to mid 2016. No layoffs if that's what you are worried about. after merger complete, yes, economies of scale must be employed..30% field cut. And there you have it. Bet on it!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see in my crystal ball something similar

Pharma division sold off or merged as you say.

ViiV, Consumer and Vaccines sold or floated.

GSK is now worth more broken up than staying whole given the share price. New Chairman likes to provide value to shareholders by breaking up and selling.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All Pharma Field Sales Forces in the U.S. sacrificed by our leadership when they negotiated changes to Omacare that they wanted in 2010 prior to throwing thier support behind it. In exchange for all the millions of new patients that will get health Insurnace and thus get meds paid for they accepted a penalty that makes it much less profitable to sell branded drugs in competition with generics. So, if you are in a market with generic comp don't expect to be around much longer.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think GSK is ripe for the eating by Pfizer Pfun. I liked the Nofartis name. Also Novartis got rid of everybody. We have5-6 resp reps to inventive 1 rep per territory so still a lot of waste to cut. what will happen with Advair goes generic on managed care???

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As per the last post, waiting for something to go generic is no longer a requirement. GSK will start cashing in on the savings in slashing sales forces offered by the Obamacare that they negotiated.