10% of PPS employees laid off = over 100 jobs lost

Discussion in 'Pacific Pulmonary Services' started by One of the 10%, Jun 14, 2013 at 2:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Chris Kane had one of his smoke and mirrors conference calls today (AKA "All Hands Call".) There was no BS update saying "We don't know why the FBI is investigating PPS," but he was rather straightforward.

He was using a bad blue tooth/mic that had his voice cutting out, which made it difficult to get comprehensive information. Not so ironic since this is representative of how the company disseminates internal information through the ranks.

But this part was clear: 10% of PPS employees lost their jobs which is over 100 people.

And the writing that's been on the wall for a while now was painted in a darker color: PPS is getting out of the CPAP business, especially Medicare.

I ask a rhetorical question: how many of the President's Club PCCs have left the company? 80%? 90%?

Sincerely,
    one of the 10%. Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congratulations to whomever wrote this. I left PPS over a year ago and I have been in a great mood ever since. I think back on it and wonder why the hell I stayed so long.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was anybody in the corporate offices in Novato let go?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes there were. I heard IT got hit hard, but Chris Kane would not go into detail stating that department heads would speak to it.

I take that as: "it's not good news so I won't go there!"

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IT has been on a hiring spree for the last three years. What a joke!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FWIW - you can slam PPS all you want, I'm glad I still have a job (for the moment, as it may be) but I still need to make the best of it and do provide help to patients as best as I can. That is just my nature. With the medicare cuts every health care service provider is impacted, not just PPS. If you can change government that would be the best thing you can do.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are serious about helping patients, then I'd look for somewhere else to work. I was one of the most patient-centric PCCs in the company and it got me put out on the street. The blood sucking PCCs are the ones still with jobs because they will do anything to get business, which ironically is why the FBI came calling in March 2012. Not all the PCCs are money grubbers, but the majority of the ones I met do this job for one thing: the money.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

maybe we should have been given a choice. i know a ton of people who would rather have been let go and get unemployment then to have have taken the job from someone else that wanted it. how about including the little people.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then why don't you go the them and prove it, there is yet a PCC to do that. Sounds like you got what you deserve.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did I touch a nerve? I'm sure the FBI just pulled PPS' name out of a random drawing, right?

I did get what I deserved: a seat on a lifeboat off of the Titanic.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW ok this is the 20th time i have heard people refer to PPS as the titanic. That is saying a lot.