What motivates dental reps to push one brand of chairs and stools over another brand?

Discussion in 'Henry Schein Dental' started by Anonymous, Feb 9, 2014 at 3:21 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For example, many dental stool companies provide a similar quality of product, provide a similar selection of colors, same customer service, and same pricing. What's motivating reps to push one company more so than another?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: What motivates dental reps to push one brand of chairs and stools over another br

It is impossible for Schein reps to know anything about any specific dental chair. If an office says they are looking at new chairs, the Schein rep will recommend a chair that is on special, the company of the last manufacturing rep they met with or whoever is offering the biggest spiff. That's how the game works.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: What motivates dental reps to push one brand of chairs and stools over another br

Can a manufacturer offer a spiff to dealer reps without Schein's approval? Or is that something that will ruin the manufacturer's relationship with Schein?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A Schein Rep would recommend Pelton & Crane first and over anything else Becuase they get a higher bonus percentage on that line. If the DDS isn't interested in Pelton - or the inflated price - the rep will recommend other lines at varying levels of price and quality.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How did Pelton & Crane do that?

Is it an angreement that they made with Henry Schein or did they do it directly with dealer reps?

Is this something another manufacturer can easily do?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bump

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have no idea what you are talking about. You access the needs of the DDS then present options within their needs, budget etc. I know this because in the last few years I've sold a mix of pelton, Midmark, marus, etc. Do not paint every rep with the same brush.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another thing, reps are sent to training on the different chairs, options etc. it is true that one rep compared to another might know more about brand a and b but not know as much about c. Also the product is only one aspect...sometimes it could be a great product but you have not been impressed with the customer service and follow up of the manufacturer or mfg rep and aren't not comfortable selling something that if there are issues your doc is in good hands with getting the issue resolved.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What color cup do you want your beer in?

Blue or Red.

They go UP and DOWN

BACK and FORTH.

The rest is pure dental B.S.

How do you tu r ds do that every day ?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am a current Schein rep and was at one point a Patterson rep. I sell products for two reasons, most important is the rep who backs it. I'll sell a brand I'm paid less on before a higher paid brand if I know the rep is reliable. I don't want to deal with headaches so if I can send the rep in and they handle the pre/post sale follow up, I'll sell their product. Second, is the product any good. There are great reps who have certain products that are horrible. Example: my adec rep is great but the assistina is pure crap. I'll sell an automate over it despite the adec rep being 100 times better than the Midwest rep.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"I don't want to deal with headaches so if I can send the rep in and they handle the pre/post sale follow up, I'll sell their product."

Handle the pre/post sale follow up huh. What the F else is there? Sounds like YOU ARE the headache. What do you bring to the table, Retail rep ? Truth be known, you probably drop to your kness like a $ 3 dollar whore and switch out products anytime you don't have answers, which by your own writing seems like most of the time.

Just showing up with a windsor know or a skirt earns you nothing.

No wonder direct companies continue to erode distribution margins and penetrations.

You are the poster person of why dentists anstaff hate seeing reps.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Two things decide for the Schein reps. How much money am I going to make and how big are the manufactures t*ts.