Neuro-Psych vs. MS division

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello, I lined up two separate interviews at Novartis with two separate divisions. One is the MS and the other is the Neuro-Psych division. Both are specialty I am told but wanted to know which one is better in terms of pay. Thanks in advance. The territory for neuro-Psych seems bigger and only calling on psychs but neuros eventually I am told (please confirm?) and the MS calling on Neuros only

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Definitely MS

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run!!!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck in your interview process. I would recommend the neuro opportunity. The drugs in that portfolio have another 7 years of patent protection and sales are consistently growing and, not to mention, quite an easy sell. The lead product is a leader in the industry and our customers truly appreciate what we carry and the company's patient assistance program is top notch. The neuro division continues to invest in our lead product and we should have numerous indications to extend patent life even longer. The MS division sales are stagnant and a me too drug. Good luck, your decision, but Neuro is the place to be.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Neuro without a doubt. That is the place to be in terms of pay and future. Only division that is better is Oncology. Good luck

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both are good BU's but Neuro-Psych is the better place to be. More pipeline here and money is a wash between MS and Neuro. This BU will take EP from primary care which is the worst place to be at Novartis

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Neuro hands down

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am sorry to the OP for all these idiots trying to misguide you. They are all being sarcastic when they tell you Neuro. There is absolutely no present and future with Neuro. Do your research and you will learn that there is no neuro pipeline and the psych drug, Fanapt the dog with fleas, has just ended their injectable trials and the oral is hanging on by the thread of a needle. I would not bank my next move going into the deadend neuro division.
    Good Luck!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck in your interview process. I would recommend the neuro opportunity. The drugs in that portfolio have another 7 years of patent protection and sales are consistently growing and, not to mention, quite an easy sell. The lead product is a leader in the industry and our customers truly appreciate what we carry and the company's patient assistance program is top notch. The neuro division continues to invest in our lead product and we should have numerous indications to extend patent life even longer. The MS division sales are stagnant and a me too drug. Good luck, your decision, but Neuro is the place to be.

The statement above might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Basically take whatever they said and flip is 180 degrees, and there may be a little truth to it. Do your homework, but MS is basically looked at as on par with Oncology with the lead division in the company.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I must laugh. Neuro is the place to be. They just added Exelon patch in addition to Fanapt. You guys have Gylenia? Pluuuaaasee. In par with Onc? Hmmm hate to burst your bubble but Onc is only division that makes more. MS and Neuro pay scale is the same.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Neuro with Fanapt & EP? You're joking, right?
    1) Fanapt is the LAST choice of any Psychiatrist. That is, IF it's on formulary, which is close to non-existent.
    2) EP? Seriously? Nothing more to say.
    3) Generics eat both of these alive

You're best bet? GET OUT OF PHARMA!
    SMH, are you that naive? Or just stupid?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do your homework! Gilenya has been one of the most profitable launches in Co history. Lets see, a me too of a me too anti psych med and a patch that does "ok". The competition has driven the MS salaries up, not sure that you can say that about Neuro.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay let me cut into this thread. From someone in the know.

#1 MS and Neuro salaries are in the same pay band. Above Primary Care but below Onc. End of story.

#2 Gilenya has been successful launch wise but to say that this equates to more $$$ in yoru pocket is ludicruous. I'd rather have lower goals and get more bonus than be with a successful franchise and have high, incredible to attain goals and never see bonus.

#3 We are all on the same team. Quit infighting.

This thread ends now!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1st, who made you God and that this "thread will end"? Eat Chit!

2nd, my point is that MS reps were either paid very well for jumping from another company to launch Gilenya or existing employees have been given 2-3 salary lane changes because of the competition and thats what the "market" is paying. MS reps may be in the same band, but are more than likely getting paid more because of competition is this disease state.

3rd...this conversation is "fighting"...quit being a puss!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's easy to have a successful launch & a blockbuster drug when it costs @ $4,000 a month for treatment.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Non-MS reps don't be jealous of MS. The goals are unattainable and most don't hit quota. Bonus is low compared to the competition. Leadership is clueless on motivation techniques. They promise the world and don't come through. Disappointing.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not jealous of anyone working for Nofartus!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go for Neuro- the competition can be managed: BG-12 will have its own demons and Aubagio is in a lower league than Gilenya. That said, new launches could take a while.

Psych is basically dead. Fanapt doesn't really work (neither as a drug nor as a brand) and Exelon patch is a gonner with "all of a sudden" generics appearing. Psych is bound to be closed down soon.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

interesting thread going but nothing specifically mentioned about salary bands in these 2 divisions??????

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This doesn't make sense. Neuro and psych are the same division. The person was originally asking between MS and Neuro!