Diovan, Lotrel, Tekturna, Exforge, Valturna

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, May 19, 2015 at 10:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These were the good ol' days, selling and launching these products. Lots of fun, lots of $$ thrown around, lots of fine steak dinners, Vegas trips... Novartis found a way to really screw it up from a real hero of a division to a real zero. Like it or not.... those were fun times.
    I came in at the tail end of the Diovan launch and launched all other CV brands and had a blast doing so. I've been gone from Novartis since 2012 and I have nothing bad to say about my experience there. I have learned many great skills that I've taken to my new career. I ran far from pharma and never looked back and I'm better for it. They were great days, and I miss the good ones. I enjoyed my time there, but there are green pastures out there folks that are not in this industry. Things will never be like the good ol' days in this biz again.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you ran "far from Pharma" and never looked back; and you're better for it?!?.... What on earth are you doing posting in CP?... You might want to reconsider the truth: "I was let go from Novartis (but told everyone I ran far from pharma) and never looked back and I'm better for it (because I never told what actually happened)."

What do you do for a living after you decided to "leave" Novartis?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you are jealous of the original poster. If you are so naive you think there is nothing else in this world except your pitiful little pharma sales job, I feel sorry for you. I have many friends who have either left pharma or have been let go since the Novartis horror started how ever many years ago it was. All of them are doing fine, and those who were smart enough to network successfully during their career are doing better than ever. We all better be well aware that we are in the buggy whip industry of the day and be ready for what ever happens. You, sir, will be left whining in your mom's basement.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know how Novartis MS division calculates rep IC bonus? (Rx's, dollars, share??)I have an offer from them but forgot to ask the method by which they calculate bonus...
    Thanks!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She doesn't have a basement

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good for the OP. However, don't make the generalization that everyone is miserable here. I came over from GSK Oncology, and trust me, NVS is heaven by comparison. I'm currently very happy. Things could change, sure, but right now I'm enjoying things.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You forgot Amturnide....bawahahahawa

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the Diovan legacy let it live on for eternity go LCZ!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here. I must admit, despite running far from Pharma I do miss it from time-to-time which is why I decided to visit CP in the first place. Poster #2 is the reason I don't miss it. So many petty minded people who are just looking to pounce on somebody for speaking up. For the Oncology rep who came over... I did not mean to say that it's all miserable at Novartis. Sorry if it came across that way. I enjoyed my time there, but my time came to an end during a huge re-org. I never reinterviewed for another position and I'm happy I didn't since those jobs have all been let go as well over the past couple of years. Oncology seems like a great division that has longevity and purpose. That's a great thing!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Long Island really knew how to blow out these products $$$

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

An exercise in humility. .. very mature of you and certainly a credible post.. I am also new to the company and chose to come here.. happy with the choice so far.. like many other organizations, Novartis has endured many challenges. I am definitely sympathetic to those who got bounced around. Been through it myself. All we can do is make the most of the opportunity.. I definitely will and know others will too