Primary Care Professional Healthcare Salary and Commission!

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jan 5, 2014 at 11:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interviewed for Primary HC about a month ago. Then over the holidays, I spoke to recruiter and he said I will most likely get an offer, however, I went ahead and accepted an offer with another company since I hadn't heard from Pfizer recruiter.

What's the salary range and bonus/commission potential for this position? I'm in a bind here.. Will total take home be above 100k/yr?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Busted!

This person posted the exact same message on the Salix board! Don't give any info about salary to him.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not for you….bucko

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go away asshole...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on your product. Typically salary range 65-75k base for starts with very little pharma experience. If you have more experience under your belt, you can demand 80k+. For primary care total take home around low 100k.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More like $80-95 total salary and bonus annually.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Total take home about mid 90's to 100k or so. With bonus low 100's. Just don't accept anything less than 75k salary!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is about right..

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The OP reflects typical pharma thinking ... you interviewed, went well, working with a recruiter, sounds good, BUT nobody talked $$$$$$$...recruiter couldn't give that??? hiring manager didn't discuss??? OP didn't have any other Pfizer rep to get low down...really..what if they had said $45K to start, maybe $50K? would or wouldn't that have been a waste of everyone's time???

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Recruiter was really vague and didn't give me any numbers. Also, I was told in the beginning there would be another interview and I would've asked then, but it doesn't seem like they are not going have any more per the timeframe I was given.

So, when do you yourself ask for the salary and commission potential?? It sounds like you are saying you ask in the first interview what the $$$ are?? Is this appropriate to do in the first interview?

I am new to the industry with little pharma experience and no I don't know any Pfizer reps. I recently interviewed with other pharma companies and it seems some recruiters are hesitant in providing such numbers.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The circumcisionist specialty position pays foreskins an hour plus tips. There's a real chance of getting ahead ...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will pay a base into the 90's...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In this environment Pfizer should offer $35k to new college grads, with a 30% bonus target to drop samples and that's it.

Managed care runs shit now, reps are meaningless, cut the cost.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Considering that is what many of us that have been with the company 15+ years started at it probably isn't a bad idea. Keep some of the good managers around and start trimming!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly!

Managed care has run the show for YEARS.

This is NOT the industry to be in. Be planning your exit now...before it is TOO LATE!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ass of an OP is most likely going to take any POS info he gets form this thread and imagine a conversation with a profile he finds on Linked in and sell it to a client as primary...no need to make it sooo damn easy for them

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

nice... some are waking up! making a living of faking out others should not be so easy.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2-3 years of experience you will get around 70k, more if you have 5+ years, possibly 85k range. Just be cautious though. They lay off reps more frequently in PC than any other division. Try to get as much info as you can, DM style, pods etc. But honestly these days, you most likely will not hit 6 figures in Primary Care. Industry has changed alot. Try getting into specialty, as even a smaller company, your take home will be over 6figures in specialty.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry, it's already TOO LATE

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ONE MILLION DOLLAR!!