Do you have stock grants set to expire in 2015?

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by Anonymous, Jul 6, 2014 at 4:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heads up!! Dont wait until the last minute to deal with these! It is a pain in the A**!

I had some outstanding grants I wanted to sell due to the stock being up, and the potential for it to go down before the grant expired next year. You may recall, Sanofi moved our stock management from Morgan Stanley to a french company. I half looked at it and filed it away with out notice. Be prepared, it is not as easy as I thought to execute these grants like in the past with Morgan Stanley. Sanofi picked one of the hardest companies to work with if you are employee based in the US. They don't even have a 1-800 number for crying out loud!!! I even tried calling one of their US based offices in NY and Texas, only to be told they cannot help me. I tried to access the website with my access number they sent me, but I needed a password only they could give me. If you cant find the paperwork with your access code on it, they may have to send it to you. The paperwork you are looking for has the name Societe Generale with a Square in the upper left hand corner. Top half of the square is red, and the bottom half is black. You may need your global ID number to look you up and that is 900048469. It's totally the most user unfriendly, backwards ass way to deal with company stock I have ever seen in my life! Maybe by design? Makes me wonder!

I will explain the steps for you so you will have the information you need. Hopefully your experience wont be as frustrating as mine.
    First, they only have a french number. I had to call my cell provider to get an international calling plan for a few days (they prorated it for me). I called Societe Generale at 33 (0) 2-51-85-67-89. If it doesn't go through, keep trying. It took me a few times, and dont forget they are on French time! Hours are 8-6pm I think. Once you call, tell them you want to execute your grants and they will send you a password via email. Once you have this password you can log in online and submit the request. You can only do this online or via fax. Be prepared to enter your banking information and your bank GIS (global routing number). I had to call my bank for that. Once you submit that information, you will be able to sell your shares. Like I said, dont wait until the last minute as you will be one unhappy camper. This is crazy to have a French only company manage this for US based employees. They are probably hoping some of you forget about these and let them expire.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you referring to the 20 shares that they issued all Sanofi employees a number of years back (3-4 years ago)? I don't remember ever receiving paperwork about this. I didn't realize it expired. I remember them saying you would be fully vested after 5 years.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not the OP, but this applies to the stock options which you may have been awarded based on performance, not the shares of stock that we ALL received. Actually, we have not YET received those shares. What we have (for the twenty shares) are technically 'rights', not options. The name of the company- in France, that we will deal with in October when the rights mature is AMUNDI TC INTERNATIONAL.

Hope that helps. And, by the way, when you exercise options it is not counted as capital gain. You technically have no basis in those shares until you exercise the option and the money is all treated as personal income. The same tax treatment will be true for the shares that our noble leaders 'gave' us. Hope you are still employed by sa when they come due...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great info! Thanks clearing this up!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just a heads up. You won't get much. When through this and quite frankly got screwed on the deal. If your thinking your sitting on 10k or more of stock think again.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It depends on how many shares you were awarded. These grants were for performance back in 2009/10 I think. The grants expire in May 2015. Some were between 300-500 shares. That thranslates into about -4k-9K based where the stock price and the Euro is right now. However that may change if the stock price goes south for any reason.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I recently did a cashless exercise for the stock options I was granted in the past. Yes, a little bit of a pain to deal with the French company but not bad. You can actually send an email thru their website to ask questions regarding cashing out. You will have to check with your bank to get a BIC code(electronic transfer number for international). I belong to a credit union so the check actually came from sa(taxes, etc all removed). My options were at 70.38EUR, cashed at 79EUR for a total of $3400 and $2100 after taxes. Good luck.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How long did it take to get this in your paycheck?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

About 3-4 weeks

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It will.deposit based on sanofi pay cycle as it willbonly be deposited into your sanofi payroll. Your not getting 4000.00 dollars. Sanofi will set a price when you put in a sell order. Mine were mature also and got screwed. This was mothing more than a ploy to get youbto.cashout ansld sanofibwalks away with 95% of the money. Good luck. I know you think yout sittingbon a pile of cash but it won't happen.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a real hard time deciding whether you are drunk, delusional or just do not know how to use a keyboard. In any event, the options, if that is what you are referring to, are options to purchase at a preset price and you can either keep the shares or immediately sell them if that involves a profit and you will receive the cash through you regular payroll account. If you are referring to the twenty shares that we received as 'rights' back in '10, then you will have access to them later in the year (assuming you are currently employed or officially retired) and I do not yet know what the process will be for selling the shares. Finally, if you let options expire then, yes, you will have gotten screwed. But it was not sanofi that did the screwing, it was you. As in, screwed up, that is!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well spoken, thanks

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone have any information about the rights for those 20 shares - I left the company a few years ago - took the voluntary severance. Thought the rights were still good - just had to vest.

Thanks

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

According to the documents, the vesting requirements are that you have to be still employed or retired at the end of the vesting time period, five years. Not sure how they define 'retired', but I also opted for severance in Dec of '11 AND retired after the thirty days with my pension starting in January of '12. Good luck on this...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is the text of the email that I received a while back when I inquired about the shares that were granted to all employees by Chris V.

"Actually, the "shares" you hold are not shares at the moment, they are RIGHTS that were attributed to Sanofi's employees in 2010.
    These rights will transform into shares in October 2014 for the employees still being in the company OR having retired from the company, as it is your case.
    Knowing that, you don't have to do anything at the moment and actually are not able to do anything.
    You will receive the needed information related to these shares next year by the end of 2014. Sanofi will then inform you about your shares and how to redeem them."

I, also, officially retired from the company.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for the info.