Has anyone ever complained to HR about "jerk behavior"?

Discussion in 'Pfizer Consumer Healthcare' started by Anonymous, Jun 26, 2014 at 6:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone had any experience - positive or negative - going to HR regarding jerk like behavior by a higher up person in their department? Was there an investigation and did anything come of it?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah right! Only a moron would complain to HR - do that and YOU will be black-listed by HR for good; that too if you complain against a higher-up, you will be screwed over. I would not do it. Good luck.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well, its already been done.

My co-worker got the ball rolling by contacting HR to discuss jerk like behavior by the head of our department. They went on to open "an investigation". They confidentially and quietly interviewed everyone in the department about a week later. That was 3 weeks ago and we have not heard anything else from them. We were just trying to figure out how ling it will take forvthis "investigation" to unfold.

I should mention that it is not HR that carries out the investigation but another employee relations type person whose job it is to look into special matters.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's bullshit. Investigation is code for protect the manager and the company.
    Unless jerk means sexual, racial, religious misconduct, it is just an exercise in futility.
    Don't push it because you will be the one disciplined.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry you went through this too. Yeh, it's just an alarm for the company to CYA. Keep records, document and save it incase you need to file with EEOC. They'll appreciate the documentation even if HR won't.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Update: that Sr. Mgr. who was investigated for jerk like behavior was allowed to "retire". The process, despite taking very long, did actually work.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congrats!!!! Glad it does work out for some of us, awesome sauce!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I routinely report myself for jerk-like behavior

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I reported myself twice in the last week for jerk-like behavior, once before I even did it just to give them prior notice

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am aware of at least two investigations of jerk behaviors..

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great Own it day yesterday. Ian rocks!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I reported with full written documentation and witnesses. Nothing was done or investigated.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wait until Saunders is CEO for jerk behavior.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If we all reported jerk behavior HR would be the largest dept in Pfizer! They're all jerks!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get it on a hidden camara and sue personally.