Baby's coming in 4 weeks - ViaCord or CBR? Help!

Discussion in 'Cord Blood Registries' started by markn, Aug 22, 2007 at 12:54 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do people waste money on this stuff?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Winning 50 boxes of Pampers Cruisers is not a waste of time or money! You seem so young, so it's understandable that you think diapers aren't so important. Believe me, just ask my parents, they are important, and some lucky baby at the Reunion will win a "poop- load" of diapers!
    We have been getting questions concerning nap time on Friday's arrival. Yes, there will be nap time, with dinner promptly at 6:30 PM.

Love& gettin down,
    CBR Baby# 20

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would just like to clarify some of the things said. Some companies DO offer protection to the parents if the cells collected are not viable (meaning they do no contain enough stem cells) and only request payment after the collection has been processed.

Most of the companies that I found were abroad, but in the USA, Americord is one of those companies. I have talked to one of their sales associates to get this information and included a link to their pricing page, hopefully it gives you more insight.

http://cordadvantage.com/faq/pricing-products-policies

I hope this helps! It doesn't seem like there were a lot of helpful comments.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just got up from my nap time and viewed this misleading post. No other company has the brightest and most dynamic baby's as CBR. We are simply the best and brightest America's baby's have to offer. Our baby's from CBR will be the future leaders of tomorrow! Our CBR Nation of babes are the "cream of the crop".
    We now have 2 of our baby's who have received early admission to law school! Americord can never claim that!
    Come one and all to our Summer Reunion July 11th, and see our baby's in action. I know you will be impressed with our "tykes"!

Love & 'gettin down,
    CBR Baby# 20

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Viacord

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For a long time we have said that our CBR baby's are a cut above the competition. I'm sure you will be most impressed at our Reunion coming up July 11th. Please attend before you make your birth decision. You will see the brightest babes anywhere, and Viacord can't come close. But you need to see the CBR Nation in action! See how smart our baby's are! It's a no- brainer!
    I'm really hoping that any prospective parent who has any question of who has the best baby's will join our Summer Reunion and watch our babes in action. Talk to our babes and decide which baby's, CBR or Viacord are the best! Also, our baby's usually have their own resume's.

Love & 'gettin down,
    CBR Baby# 20

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Babies. The Plural of "baby" is "babies". ViaCord Baby #31 never got that one wrong...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ViaCord Baby# 31 is a fool! The last I have heard, he is having a great deal of difficulty being potty trained, and he is having difficulty understanding how to use his mobiles!
    Most ViaCord "babies" have little or no computer skills.

Love & 'gettin down,
    CBR Baby# 20

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, we have just four more days until our Summer Reunion! I hope all you babies (thanks to one of our babes for the grammar lesson!) are as excited as I am!
    Two quick reminders: A. There will be nap time from 3-6 PM. My suggestion is that you take advantage of nap time since feeding should be going on until at least 10PM. B. As always, please remember no cloth diapers will be allowed at any events! This also includes any poolside activities!
    There is still time for any babies to sign- up for specific events and symposiums upon arrival at the hotel Reunion check- in desk.
    Remember to meet at poolside Saturday morning at 8:30 AM for CBR group pictures.
    Our dance contest begins Saturday night at 7:00 PM. Contestants need to be there by 6:30.
    I look forward to seeing all of you babes on Friday!

Love & 'gettin down,
    CBR Baby# 20

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A very good morning to those who could noy attend our Summer Reunion event!
    We all met at poolside this morning for pictures, and had fun!
    In just a short time, many of us will be taking our short mid morning naps. There are many events that will take place right after lunch, and we don't want any "cranky" baby's spoiling our events!
    So far good, as there were no problems at check- in yesterday. Everyone is gearing up for our big dance contest this evening!

Love& 'gettin down,
    CBR Baby# 20

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, we're all back from our Reunion and a great time was had by all!
    Thanks to the good people at P&G for supplying boxes of diapers for our babies. They were appreciated by all!
    Congrats to CBR Baby's# 17 and 14 for winning the dance contest- you were all great, and put on quite a show! Sorry there could be only one winning dance team. All you babies deserve an honorable mention. Names will be printed in a future issue of The CBR Times.
    The symposiums and participation came off great! Only The CBR Nation could pull this off!
    Group pictures from Saturday morning will be mailed out ASAP.
    Hope you and your parents returned home safely.
    Looking forward to seeing you all at our Christmas Reunion December 19!

Love& 'gettin down,
    CBR Baby# 20

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, by now I hope all you babes have settled into your routines. I hope you all have pleasant memories of our Reunion.
    Yesterday, a survey sheet was mailed out to all babies who attended our reunion. I ask that each of you please fill out the survey and return it to CBR for review!
    Evaluating these surveys is important for us for planning purposes in order to improve future events for you babies! It's important, so please take the time to fill out the survey. Thanks in advance!

Love& gettin' down,
    CBR Baby# 20

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello, my fellow CBR babies:
    I'm CBR Baby# 14, and I wanted to let the CBR Nation know this:
    CBR Baby# 20 was re- elected unanimously at our last Reunion! She is the first CBR Baby to ever have been asked to keep her liasson position!! She is so great, and has done a wonderful job as liasson!!
    Of course, CBR Baby# 20 is far too modest to let you all know she was asked to keep her position. She is too embarrassed to tell the CBR Nation of Babes, but she deserves kudos!!
    We are lucky to have her for another year!!

CBR Baby# 14

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks so very much CBR Baby# 14. I am also thankful for all you babies who supported me once again, to be your CBR Liasson for another year. I have tried to do my best to lead the CBR Nation to new heights! Hopefully, we have achieved some success.
    I pledge to continue my efforts to once again lead our babes into a bright future both for them and for CBR. With your help I know we will succeed. We are CBR proud!

Love& gettin' down,
    CBR Baby# 20

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You deserve it! You're the best!
    CBR Baby# 2

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your company sucks the big one.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When I was researching which cord blood company I was frustrated because every company says they're the best. They go off about their bags and the type of machines they use and such which is of course hard to understand so nothing really convinced me one company was better than the other until I came across StemCyte.

Here's how they made it simple. The rep made me realize that mostly every company does red cell reduction so I googled: Plasma Depletion vs Red Cell Reduction.

They have several scientific studies that show Plasma Depletion stores more Stem Cells than Red Cell Reduction.

For good measure I asked all the other companies to show me research that illustrates Red Cell Reduction is superior to Plasma Depletion. They didn't provide me anything. So I went with StemCyte. Plus they have the best guarantee.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What I can say is that our babies are the best and the brightest. Matching IQ's for StemCyte vs CBR is a no brainer! CBR Babies are much smarter and have superior intellect at a much earlier age. None of StemCyte babes would ever receive early admission to law school; we at CBR have two who have received early admission!
    Red Cell Reduction simply refers to a "favorite" color.
    Come to our Christmas Reunion Dec. 19th, then make up your own mind!

Love& 'gettin down,
    CBR Baby# 20

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Red blood cells inhibit CFU growth. CFU growth is the difference between a successful transplant or not. Pretty cut and dry.

That said, having allll the red blood cells (and their subset population of nucleated RBC's) is a really good way to artificially boost your TNC count, so there's that.

Stemcyte is all smoke and mirrors.