Recruiter just called me. Company wants to take all Cubist reps nationally.

Discussion in 'Cubist' started by Anonymous, Jul 19, 2014 at 5:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure if I should bolt. This Siv launch could be a chance to make money. Seems like real upside. That, and I just got here so this may not look too promising on the old resume.

Anyone who's been here longer than 3 years happy? Can't figure out the culture here.

That was one strange meeting.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the call was for the Medicines Company then you should jump on it. Go go go and get that startup opportunity you have always dreamed of. It will be awesome and you will love it. You won't have to go to strange meetings and wonder about the culture

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got called too. But I like my manager at Cubist. Not sure what to do...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well.....let's think about this. After 3 full days of ROLE PLAYING you might want to consider the opportunity. Boston was not a LAUNCH meeting....where was the strategy? the brainstorming? We were treated like trained monkeys giving market-driven role-plays. I went there with an open mind hoping to gain some pearls about launching Sivextro.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes I agree. Very disappointing meeting overall. As a stockholder I am embarrassed for the company. Please try (just once) and treat us like adults. So BIG PHARMA and so sad.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you don't like it here then take the advice in post #2. Take some responsibility for not being in a place you want to be and do something about it. If you do interview with the Medicines Company then take a vacation day to do so. There are way too many people connected out there that know one another so don't get yourself fired from Cubist for interviewing on company time during a launch. Best wishes on finding what you want.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Tony

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're welcome, now hurry up and take that vacation day so you can move on and get the fuck out of here

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's a pearl. Zyvox is going generic in 2015 and will be generic pricing. How will you be able to compete with an overpriced branded drug in the same class with 1 year on the market and a PI that has a caution on the same well known side effects as the same class Zyvox at a generic price. Good luck.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good question I think I'll roll play that question for 2 days that should get me through it. Please send me a glossy marketing sheet to help me if I slip up.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lot's of people will be leaving here soon how do you like that Tony you phony?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just don't get why the company came out with something named like a cartoon cat that chases around a little yellow bird.

Zyv is going generic in a few years and it will be the automatic step-through to get to Siv.

Another me-too in a category that ID docs already don't like. Go figure.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TMC will scalp approx. 20-30% of this company. I personally know 15 people who are leaving. And I'm fairly new to Cubist.

The will be a mass exodus. It could be 50 reps by the time everything is finalized.

Good luck to all! In the end, we are all really just trying to do what's best for our families, right? Just like senior executives, no?

Peace and cheers.