Greedy pigs!!!!

Discussion in 'Vertex' started by Anonymous, Jun 24, 2014 at 4:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$300,000.00 a year for people that can't breathe. You should be ashamed of yourself!!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nah. We're not. It took a long, difficult journey to get here. And insurance will make sure coverage is there. Take a chill and watch us help more lives in the future.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aston Martins and Maseratis don't come cheap, pal. You're the fart in every crowd. It's been a good day.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Insurance will cover it? And who do you think pays for that? The hard working people of America!

You are causing other people in need to not get their care because of your greed! Pigs!!!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oink oink oink. Squeel. Soooo-eeeeeeey.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First let me start off by saying that I do not work for Vertex, however I do have a 4 year old child with CF. To the individual calling vertex greedy pigs you really need to do some fact checking. It was vertex and only vertex that was willing to take a stab at CF way back when so if you have CF or a child with CF you should be thanking them.
    Secondly you have no idea how pricing works. You have investment costs (which I will say were offset by CF foundation investment), and then the simple supply and demand factor. There are not that many with CF compared to other disease states.

But most important is the fact when Kalydeco came to market anyone that needed it and could not afford it received it and in many cases for free. Not on the tax payers dime I must point out. If you don't believe me at your next check up ask your provider.

Lastly if you do not have healthcare coverage or coverage that has high costs my recommendation would be to seek new employment. I will move heaven and earth to make sure my daughter receives it irregardless of price.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Jeff! But no one is buying your bs. You greedy pig!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well I will assume Jeff works at Vertex. Typical reply here on CP, calling someone out knowing your identity is hidden. We'll let me introduce myself somewhat. My initials are PP which I assure you will not find in Vertex employee listing. If you still are so sure that I am a Vertex greedy pig then do some research. Look up Dr. Hadeed, pulmonologist at cook childrens in Fort Worth Texas. He is my daughters pulmonologist. Not enough? Give him a call and ask to leave vm with his nurse. Her name is Sharon. Still not convinced I'd be more than happy to list names of her respiratory techs, nutritionist, social worker, and life counselor.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

vertex have positioned CF as a golden goose....it's just capitalism folks...no competition for the next few years so they need to charge as much as they can now...their first responsibility is to shareholders...not patients, not employees....shareholders (mainly mutual funds and the board/senior mgt).

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And that's simply the way our system works. Vertex isn't the first to do this, and won't be the last.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's ripping people off. Bankrupting the health care system. You should all be ashamed!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happened did you sell at 68 and now you are mad? Vertex is saving lives and there was no other company willing to make the investment in CF or do the research, period.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just a Troll clacking away at his keyboard, looking for an audience. Yawn

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Soooo ashamed!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vertex took funding from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to develop the drug.
    Unless CFF is a stock holder and is being paid a dividend that can be REINVESTED in more research . . . I agree . . . dirty pigs

and "yes insurance is paying it", so when someone can't afford their premiums . . pat yourself on the back for supporting GREED

The payback could come with a longer guarantee of patent, and SHOULD be.

I remember when $5000 a month for TOBI was considered to be outrageous.
    of course, I remember when there was not much to offer these poor victims
    I have lost many friends to CF

You see, I have been involved with CFF for 20 years, so I may have grown bitter
    . . . . overpromising does that to your supporters