Great first impression, Qudexy reps!!!

Discussion in 'Upsher Smith Labs' started by Anonymous, Jun 30, 2014 at 10:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that we have been told we can't be substituted at the pharmacies and we are being slotted at Tier 3 on most plans. If this is true than either 1) we were lied to or 2) leadership is incompetent. Either way I think we are in trouble here.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bingo, and both of your guesses are true, welcome to shangri-la, where whatever happens is always someone else's fault. It cant be leadership, right?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bingo! The AG is of Qudexy, not anything else. That is the only drug that it has equivalency to. So USL reps are going to market Qudexy, and if they were lucky enough to get a script, they won't be paid for it because it will be filled with their own AG! Man, talk about a company eating their own!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW! Seems like USL has hit an all new low. But maybe the typical issue will happen and distribution centers will not have any product. If this happens with the AG a few people could end up lucky.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not the reps fault that they look like fools, they were sold a bill of goods by an arrogant, self important, inexperienced rich kid who is in WAY over his head. I actually feel sorry for the reps and hope they catch on with a real company now that this has blown up

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He can afford to make these mistakes, the people he is impacting can't. Sad situation.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the reps would have done their homework on USL, and their history of attempting to launch branded products, i.e. Divigel, then they wouldn't have even applied for the job.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to say, that it appears "the son" can no longer afford to make these mistakes. USL is slowly but surely being taken over by Sandoz. Products are being divested and KCL has been horse-traded to Sandoz for short term cash and access to AEDs. The thought being, we will not need to be generic forever. Unfortunately, not well thought out.

USL was a really good generic company with a pile of cash. Now they have debt from Prox, and the generic portfolio is being plundered.

Switching to Branded, especially CNS, is really difficult. Look at USLs next at bat, nasal midazolam. Great concept, but probably will be beaten to market by Acorda. VP of clinical has made no traction and has no concept of how Orphan Status works. Clinicals are stalled. Late in the game - and "the son" assumes the Aussie know how to make it rain. He doesn't. Most of "down under" is a desert.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correct! USL owes more than $500 million for stupidly taking over Proximigen. USL cannot make their payments to their creditors...Wells Fargo, J.P. Morgan, etc. Sandoz is eating away at USL and Denver will soon be sold to Sandoz. Company-wide layoffs are coming soon.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would a huge company like Sandoz want to buy the denver site? That's kind of like Bill Gates buying used shoes.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because Sandoz has a large plant 12 miles away, in Broomfield, and Denver makes a great deal of Warfarin and Chlorpromazin for Sandoz.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Give the keys of the kingdom to the next Evanstad he is in business development and can grow the brand and the generics.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The one that shouldn't even have the role he has? Sounds like a great solution.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You gotta be kidding me. You guys are a joke. All my docs are laughing at you fools. I'll give you this, your strategy sure is unique. Anything that can make neurologists laugh is definitely unique!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmmm, that's funny. My docs look at me and say "you just killed Trokendi".

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only thing you killed is your career and reputation.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me get this straight:
    1. You launched a product that was already available on the market, XR Topiramate (which took four months post approval because you fools couldn't figure out how to make it)
    2. You launched an authorized generic at half the cost at the same time
    3. BOTH are Tier 3 w/commercial plans and restricted on most state Medicaids
    4. You have no samples
    5. You have no co-pay cards, making co-pays for BOTH around $50
    6. Patients have to get their meds from Thrifty Pharmacy (which is hilarious on its own)
    7. Your leadership (who is headed by a guy who has more experience tending bar than selling meds) knows it's a lie, yet he still has you guys messaging Tier 1 w/ $10 co-pay

Do I have that right? Is there any part of this ^^^^^^ that isn't true? I have to be honest, this is hilarious! One of the best case studies ever!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not so sure on #7. I think he patronized more than tended.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correct! USL headed to bankruptcy.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also, they are offering other generics too that a also currently exist. And all you have to do to get those is call thrifty too.

I am very curious though, do any USL reps believe this will work, or are they just happy to get a paycheck at this point?