Mature Opinions Requested Please.......

Discussion in 'Salix' started by Anonymous, Jun 24, 2014 at 2:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Salix really as terrible as people portray it to be? I read posts of people complaining about having to work 8-6, doing after hour dinner programs and management acting like slave drivers...forgive me for being naive but isn't this just the norm for the industry? Are these posts coming from reps who like to work a 10 hour work week then coast...... or is this legit? Do the managers still ride you hard if you are making numbers or leave you to run your own business? Also, how are the products/company received by the Gastro Docs in the specialty arena? Some companies have made a terrible name for themselves and Im wondering if this is one of them......

Not looking for whiners just want to know the truth. Looking to transition from another specialty company, don't want to make a mistake by going to greener pastures if it is just being watered by a sewer.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No way! There may be a few exceptions out there, but in my experience, Salix provides a great environment to sell in. They give you all the resources you wish you had at other companies, including a true spirit of sharing despite being in a competitive environment. The bonus structure is also great for top performers. You may work a bit harder here, but you also get more support and better rewards for performance. Good luck!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're an idiot, but you already know that, don't you?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Salix is a great company. Great products, pay, benefits, etc. Yes you will have people in your car more frequently than some companies and you are force ranked but the opportunity to make a great living is unmatched by the vast majority of companies. There is pressure to perform and you don't work in a pod so the visibility is high. I like it a lot more than the giant pod cluster I came from.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. I love it here and there is no other place I would want to work!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My mature opinion is,,,you are a poopy head

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This entire thread is a HR/leadership team setup to try to downplay the negativity and all of the people who have (and will continue to) leave...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Truth is if you work from 8-5 you will be fine. Managers are required to be in the field 4 days a week so yes, you will have more field rides.

You get stock every year based on performance and you are paid quite well here.

I would recommend it to a friend. The problem is we bought santuras which had a very different and may I say lackadaisical work ethic. They are not happy with the new culture. I like it here but I also have a good manager.

Good luck

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, but does Florida have any good DMs. Serious replies only.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left Salix two months ago after being with the company for three years. Made good money but it is a slave driving unethical company. Big question is how can you continue to work for such a shady outfit and still look with a straight eye at the man in the mirror?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hear the slave driver statement all of the time. First off, that is offensive to people who have ancestors that were real slaves. Second, what does it even mean? You have to go to work everyday and earn a 100k+ income? Please give more detail on what constitutes the horrible work environment.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been here 2 years. Love it

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The truth is they work you like a dog, and threaten you if you don't perform or sell off label to get scripts. Bad environment. Decent money. It's not worth the stress though. It's not a fun job. It's a grind. Good luck. There are much better companies out there. Take it if you are desperate.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dork

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run. Bad company. Hitler type management. You've been warned.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Management does not have your back. You are threatened with nasty emails and the very awkward grilling on your ride along. Now mind you I am one of the top reps in my area. Your numbers will ebb and flow. God forbid they ebb one week. You are on the cross. The pay is not that great. It is good if you make bonus. If you make Presdients club one year, you will make no bonus next year. Why? Because you are paid on growth and stacked ranked. Your numbers to grow are to high. Those in the bottom make $0 a qtr. Oh yes and they are under the microscope to grow. The company car is nice. Unfortunately the sales force is always turning over because of the culture and the ranking system. It is hard to tolerate for too long.

It is a growing company with a strong potential pipeline. Salix will be acquired at some point. Probably sooner than later. It is a job. It can be stressful. Depends on your manager. The majority are not that great unfortunately. The reason is because they hire managers from with in and give them no training. Why no training? Because it doesn't take much to teach a monkey how to beat you.

I understand you want to believe it will be different for you. Doubtful. It is a crap shoot and the house has all the advantage. The only question I have for you is "do you feel lucky? "Punk"