Tanzeum is priced 30% less than Victoza.

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Anonymous, Jul 24, 2014 at 9:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poor reputation with who? Not the docs we call on. Poor reputation with regulators. Word on the street is that Tanzium looks good.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Former GSK here, it appears GSK has hired somebody somewhere to plant ridiculously positive cheerleader statements about Tanzeum on their board and equally disturbing childish posts expressing fear on your board. As an outsider it's highly amusing but as an adult it's frightening this idea got anywhere in an upper management meeting, what were the ideas they said no to? They're scared to death this will be the third bad launch in a row but what a stupid tactic!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And I should believe the last post because???? My husband currently works for GSK here in Atlanta. Yes we are a house divided at the moment. What I have seen is a solid product. Time will tell. We can hide our heads in the sand or just ignore the facts. Competition is here and more on the way.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a bird....it's a plane....IT'S VULCHERS!!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A) Check out the moronic posts on GSK's thread
    2) There has always been competition, if you're that scared you should just give up

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"only 0.2 difference" - lol - you do realize what a 0.2% difference in a1C does to goal attainment sometimes, right?

In Pratley, the difference between Victoza 1.2mg and Januvia was "only 0.2." This is why we will be an extinct species soon - you can't teach a bunch of jocks and bimbos the finer points of clinical trial data and statistics.

That said, it is clear that the major PBMs are caring less and less about comparative efficacy.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are so right. We just don't get it. When is the last time you're read in a hospital exec or pharmacy journal anything about comparative efficacy between branded drugs? Unless they're being paid by a pharma company, they're usually trying to prove comparative efficacy and clinical outcomes between a generic and a branded drug. In addition, how many times has our industry been exposed for fudging data, suppressing data, and paying ghost-writers to pen "objective" articles that just so happen to glorify one med over the other.

My colleagues can ignore the pending future all they want. I've got my exit strategy in place.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There was a time when jocks and "bimbii" wouldn't have gotten a sniff at landing a job in Big Pharma. My training class was full of science majors, nurses, pharmacists, high school teachers, grads of US News top-tier schools with the occasional really bright Division 1 scholar athlete or cheerleader. Boy, that was looooong time ago. I'm really feeling my age now.
    Jocks and bimbii. That's funny…and sad.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

let me guess. You are in your mid 50's like me. You started in the mid 80's like me. Hopefully you are close to retirement like me. I feel sorry for the current crop of drug reps. Bunch of milk drinkers and dirt dicks.

Pharma sales flushed down the toilet in the late 1990's. Lollerz it's a total joke. They hire based on looks and lies not brains like when we started.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought I would have to wait a long time before posting a message on this topic. Thought GSK was going to have another "me too" version of Bydurion. Had an endo tell me that Tanzeum is the real deal. Much easier to administer than Bydurion and good efficacy data with HbA1c reduction. Said we may have a fight on our hands. I mentioned the non-inferiority endpoint vs victza and he didn't flinch. Said GSK has several other studies showing efficacy and lower nausea. Said their rep was in and already has 3 lunches scheduled. Damn!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you GSK cheerleader. It's really frightening your company is trying to stoke their people with a CafePharma positivity campaign. What's your awesome hashtag strategy, pictures of reps smiling with office staff holding up signs that say "#We Have a Winner!" All the typos here and on the GSK threads make me think you're ESL and having trouble copying and pasting off the script.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would we raise our price if we knew a competitor was coming to market? Doesn't make sense.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only when you can spell your competitors' names correctly will I even start to pay attention to you.

Your drug isn't a "me too" - it is a "me poo."

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Frequent and regular price increases are SOP. Until someone boycotts us or we start falling off of PBM formularies, why not? Its what the market will bear. I say go for it!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep. I believe that you a real NNI EDCS. I also TiVo 'Searching for Sasquatch' because I just know that they're gonna catch them a Bigfoot this week.

To the poster: you guys are pathetic. I am ashamed to be a part of an industry that has bobos like you (an obvious fake-poster plant) working at any level higher than intern.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go to the GSK thread "We have a winner" and read that crap, it would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am happy for the GSK reps, because but for the grace of God, there go I. Or something like that. If GSK had offered me a spot instead of Novo 5 years ago, I'd be working there still.

Maybe I am a conspiracy guy, but whenever I read a really well worded post that seems extremely positive toward a company, or shouts down anyone posting anything negative of their company, I think "FAKE". I have heard of a fake poster here (don't know if it's true), and I remember hearing about other companies asking internal cube dwellers to craft some flag-waving posts.

All that being said, I only fear this new entry for two reasons: its dosing schedule and its relatively low price. Since federal health, PBMs, payers will drive formulary and Rxing decisions in our particular market, we are going to have to do more than rely on a great track record and price increases to maintain share.

I hope I'm wrong.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't fool yourselves people. A new entry into the GLP-1 class with similar efficacy that cost less and is once a week will have some effect on your numbers. Between fighting off loses due to lost managed care coverage and new entries to the market your growth will take a hit. Some will fell it more than others. Remember when we did it to Byetta/Bydureron, it's the nature of the beast. In the meantime NNI wants growth from Victoza and new GLP-1 competition is starting from zero and everything is upward growth. It will be interesting how leadership will handle this situation. Victoza is a great product, but you have to be naive to think physicians won't try a new entry to the class with a better formulation and less nausea.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You'd be a fool to doubt our ELT. They let the ESI contract go for a reason, dumbs. I'd put my faith in them over you ANY day. Go back to Takeda!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are correct. Look how we're getting all the managed care and hospital wins! We know efficacy doesn't matter.