Belviq did a blistering $8.4 M in Q1.

Discussion in 'Eisai' started by Anonymous, May 14, 2014 at 10:44 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's really sad is that you spent an awesome mid-summer Saturday night on cafepharma thinking about how much you hate your job/company. What does that say about you, that you value yourself so little, that you continue to work for the "laughing stock of the Pharma industry"? Is your value so little that you cannot move to a better company or is your anger rooted in the realization that you are not a unique and beautiful snow flake, and that you need this job more than it needs you.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope stuck at an airport flying to some fun and this merely provided some follies.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I haven't seen anyone here calling for a sunshine and rainbows forecast. What I am seeing is people getting on the same rant over and over. Letting off steam? No. You have am unrealistic view of the job of a drug rep if the negative statements are too be taken at gave value.

And as far as the talk about a misrepresentation of belviq's data, nothing has to be misrepresented. If you think it does then you need to revisit the role of a sales Rep and tap into how that meshes with a integrity. If you can't sell this per label without any need to embellish then you're lying to yourself.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh I make no claims to be unique or that I am important in any way. This job is an easy paycheck and means to an end. My boss is such a dolt that I just tell them what they want to hear, play the game on the field visit and at meetings and win awards for working no more than 3-4 hours a day 3 days a week. I stay here because it's so easy...just be a little smarter than your manager(which isn't to hard here), make six figures a year with a 'free car' and it is a nice easy life. Why risk going to a presumable better company and actually get a sharp manager that I would actually have to go to work from time to time! Nah I'll stay here so long as my moronic manager is here.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's super awesome. And you're super smart. And you have super integrity. Just imagine if you could actually funnel those gifts into a career that you actually enjoyed. Instead, you are stuck in a job, following leaders you can't respect, barely working enough to claim a profession and smugly assured that you are the best. Well done. Pat yourself on the back. In the meantime, your talents go wasted. How very sad.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gosh I never made any mention of being the best nor am I or anyone else for that matter stuck. I can leave whenever I want to and so can everyone else. Also I don't know why having respect for my boss is of any importance, let alone to my happiness. They are actually a good person, just not very smart. They're your typical big pharma 'yes person' who doesn't really think for themselves and just follows orders and gives us the same orders. Kind of a dull robot.

I don't need enjoyment out of my career as I find in enjoyment out of my life. I, unlike you, do not define myself by my job, or my career, nor to I need it to be a place of fulfillment. Again, it is a means to an end, and I find plenty if not all of fulfillment in this world outside of work. To that end I am in no way unhappy with the day to day. Like i said I actually spend little time at it. When I do work...generally a lunch or two a week, I enjoy myself. The people I talk to, for the most part, are nice and interesting and even the few jerk doctors i meet with give me a few good laughs!

You seem to take this job and industry very seriously...it pays OK put it doesn't pay well and it has always been a 'lifestyle' job. Maybe if you lived life a bit more you would see what real money and success looks like. Here's a hint for you if you make $150K here at Eisai with base and bonus you are probably one of the top earning reps. Make only that at a good device company and you will be fired. Make only that at a good financial services company you would be fired. See it's all relative and that's why I don't take it too seriously. You should try it, as the old saying goes, "When you lying on your deathbed no one uttered the words, I just I wish I worked more"...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're assuming he has talents. Seems like he lives a life of mediocrity and this forum is his cry for help. "Pay attention to me please". I'm sure his choice to skate through life won't bite him in the ass one day. Like when he looses that cushy six figure income he's grown to rely on and no one wants to hire him with a 20 year work history of doing the bare minimum. Thumbs up to you, super awesome guy.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are at the same company as this person so how much better are YOU then them?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you keep 'grinding' it out and I'll keep coasting and I'll bet I've won more awards and have made more bonus than you. It's about results not the hours.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, are drug didnt fair too good in the Good Morning America study they talked about from the Duke Univ. Medical School. Are drugs value was at the bottom. I had several Drs ask me about this. How are you all handling this. I just say Good Morning America isn't as good as the Today Show.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you were a go getter you wouldn't be at Eisai, you wouldn't be a primary care, err metabolic rep, heck you probably wouldn't be in pharma! If you are 'killing it' in pharma to bonus $30-$40K a year you are a dolt! Go out and get a real job that actually pays a couple hundred thousand a year because this ain't it! This is a lifestyle job, always has been always will be. Why do you think device companies have on their job posting "Pharma rep need not apply" or "No Pharma"? If you haven't figured the out yet you must be very stupid.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How are those anger management classes working out for you? Thanks for sharing your issues with the group. Would you like to hit this pillow now?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From another message board the following shows the steady increase in weekly Belviq prescriptions as of the week ending 7/18/2014. The Symphony data shows a 4.26% compounded week-over-week growth rate between week one (week ending 6/14/2013) through week 58 (week ending 7/18/2014).

Belviq Sales:
    Date-----Week---Scripts
    ==============tRx
    06/14/13==1====1,183
    07/18/14==58==12,817

The following shows the Quarter-Over-Quarter Growth Rate of Average Weekly Prescriptions:
    Q========Average Weekly Scripts========%Increase over previous Quarter
    Q3-13========3,810
    Q4-13========5,230=====================37%
    Q1-14========7,287=====================39%
    Q2-14=======10,386=====================43%
    Q3-14=======12,085=====================16% only the first 3 weeks
    Note that the % Increase in Q3-14 so far only takes the first three weeks of the quarter into account and will will show higher growth at the end of this quarter.

It appears that Eisai and the Reps are doing a very good job in this drug launch. If the compounded 4.26% week-over-week growth rate of the Average Weekly Scripts continues over the next four months, the Average weekly scripts will exceed 25,000 per week.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would like to know after the free trial rxes are subtracted what the number is and how many people have been on are drug for more than 3 months.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only very desperate company would touch Belviq. No big pharma wanted it, only Eisai...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Desperate, ill-informed and pathetic describes Eisai perfectly.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's incredibly amusing to hear that this is a lifestyle job. This job or any job for that matter, is always a lifestyle job. Do as much with it as you will. Financial services, medical device... Apples and oranges when trying to compare to pharma. I'll take my paltry six digits in pharma to either of those industries. So, yes, I suppose you're correct. I am choosing my career for the lifestyle. Actually, I've stayed in this career for the lifestyle. But, that in no way implies that I choose to coast and ride the wave of mediocrity that you champion. I've never measured my self-worth on pulling the wool over The Man's eyes. And that's what you do. Every day. Yes, you are a winner. The winner. If indeed, there was an award for the champion of mediocrity.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So for you there is honor in working hard at something that hard work is not required nor rewarded? That is more mediocre than anything I've read on here. Results not effort is what pays the bills...

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Eisai was desperate, Aricept and Aricept 23 was losing patent and Acihex was also losing patent.

Without Belviq, Eisai would not have a primary care sales force.

If Belviq "paid for" prescriptions stay this way for another year, Eisai may not have a primary care sales force. Other than a contract force!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Choose your path, friend. Never, ever base your worth off of someone else's valuation. Your behavior and attitude is the reason the industry resorted to metrics and CSOs. And, rightly so.