I have an oncology interview

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Feb 23, 2015 at 1:33 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This will only make it worse! Do you really think accounts are going to want 5 lunches a month from the same company? They have plenty of other reps from other companies they want to hear from. On top of that, the Sunshine Act is announcing how much companies are spending on these accounts. Topping that with the price of meds it is not a great picture. I was interested in selling Opdivo but there is no way I am leaving my autonomy behind. I don't want to have to worry about fighting with teammates that are trying to stand out as the alphas. Good position if you are tryouts my to break into this specialty but not so appealing if you are already established.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like a wonderful opportunity to pass on

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't that what you're doing? But you are paert of the silly process.
    That's the phoniness if a job interview. Your questions are what everyone cares about. No one gives a shit about the bullshit company values, saving mankind, improving quality of life, yada, yada, yada. Merck says it best profit before people....or is it the other way around? Think Vioxx.
    Pharma companies are ALL the same. Different dress, same whore. We're in business to make money!!!!! That's it, money. Ask the interviewer why he/ she is here. They won't tell you the truth, but money, car, salary, expenses, etc. is the reason.
    Good luck to you. Pharma is a great gig once you learn the ropes.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so how are the interviews? what is the feedback from those that had a shot today. CPS are the expansion openings so whats ya think???

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too Short

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah but at least you have products........the hepatitis folks are crapping their pants wondering if they'll even have a product let alone a job by years end. I guarantee that mos of the hep reps applying for onc positions would be happy to travel in the oncology pack and at least have a viable product.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody told during/after the interview that they were going to get an offer? Or did they just tell everyone Friday you wil get a call?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No I letf Santa Monica with a possible call for the position on Friday. Could go either way.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do they have scripts that I can memorize? Should I be fortunate enough to get this job, I want to feel secure that I am being compliant at all times.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true. Just want robots no thinking on your own

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how was your interview? did they get to know you? or did they just have your answer typical star questions? what was your experience? are you interested if offered the job?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

50 min interview. Questions on core values at BMS and needed to provide examples at work. Took time to share their info and get to know me. They want individuals who are ready to work in pods and be creative on access.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. POD access, teamwork and collaboration are hot points. I did not get an offer but have had follow up contact with manager on details. I think they are making offers Monday and working with HR today.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, so you get hired to round out the five in the territory, in another 12 months Bms will realize they have hired too many people and a "reorg" happens. No one is safe on those circumstances. Bms is notorious for hiring then reorging. If you are mostly content in your current job, you should stay there. Bms is poorly managed,

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i disagree. any new launch has the potential to do great or poorly. no one know anything until it is out there. the energy is high. interviews were exciting and busy. i have not heard back but was told offers would be extended Friday. anyone else? feedback please?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have not been contacted. :(

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You stupid, immature jerk. Grow up! BMS is full of airheads, we don't need any more. Go sell shit at the Gap.
    Nitwit.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did get an offer. I am fine with the POD. It isn't ideal you and your counterparts have to work smart together coordinate. The drug, the team, the great salary and benefits make it exciting to join BMS. There are negatives everywhere.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pods are for losers. One good rep is all that's needed. Pods were designed because the quality of rep has deteriorated so far that it's a joke. You'll find one or two will do the work and the rest will take credit. Bad system!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And rightly so. Oncologists know more about the drugs than we do.....and knew it sooner. We are rapidly becoming endangered species and will soon be extinct.
    So sick of feeding the office cows. The word lunch nauseates me. Gotta find another career.