Hooper's pathetic joke at the expense of patients

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Fed up, Jan 30, 2007 at 8:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Fed up

Fed up Guest

Been thinking about this one for a loooong time, but finally decided to put it out for general consumption, just tied of the hypocrisy.

Denver, Co. 3/12/2006 Leadership Meeting.

Tony Hooper while addressing the leadership team made the following joke:

"I have two mics on this morning -so you'll hear both of me. We have alot of patients on Ablilify and we talk to both of them all the time."

Abilify is indicated for schizophrenia. I personally have a family member with diagnosed schizophrenia and it has destroyed their life. For Tony Hooper to make fun of that situation just calls into focus his fucking hypocrisy. This guy is a loser, you see what people really think in those off the cuff moments like his sick attempt at humor to the leadership team.

Integrity? Corporate mission? Extend and Enhance human life? Fuck this guy - he doesn't care about aptients as long as there is money being made, or he wouldn't make jokes like this.

Oh yea, for all you kool-aid drinkers, they tape every meeting - go back and view the tape, this is exactly what Hooper said. Shadow of the leader? What a joke, a sad joke.

Hey, Hooper! How about an apology you pussy? Remember your other statements a few minutes later that day? "You can walk away or you can take responsibility." "Stand up and be accountable." What are you going to do Tony?

We are listening to every word you say, you hypocrite. You deserve sensitivity training or being fired.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a moron - he needs to go to the Michael Richards and Isiah Washington treatment centers..................

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be one of those ADRO's that just got smoked!!! Don't blame Hooper for your sorry ass. Get a life and get a real job.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm shocked about this story, not that Hooper is so callous, but that in the PC world of BMS that he was this stupid. Guess being a good public speaker isn't the whole job. He really is in a credibility bind if this is true.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope your sorry ass is one of those targeted for elimination when the time comes. You and your ilk need to be ringing a register somewhere far, far away. BLOW ME SENSELESS

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If this is true, it is outrageous! There needs to be a HR investigation now, if true, I demand an apology or fire this guy.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But 'they' told him to say it!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is interesting to see what comes out of upper management's mouth when they get off of their memorized script or teleprompter. You get an insight into their real thinking. Hooper obviously could care less about families with scizo members and the torture they go thru. My spouse and I each have an uncle with this problem - I find Tony Hooper's joke offensive, plain and simple. If it is true, he should apologize.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apology demanded. What about it Tony?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Personally, I think his joke is hilarious.

I am truly sorry for you family members of schizophrenics, because that must be hard to live with, but give me a fucking break -- like you've never made a joke at someone else's expense (ie mentally handicapped, racial, gender, religion, etc.)? Who's the hypocrite, then? Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Demanding an apology -- get over yourselves. I'll leave you with a poem:

Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    I'm a schizophrenic.
    And so am I.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well Tony, We all wondered how long it would take you to try and defend your sorry ass. Which one of your ass kissing underlings posted your response?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree..get over it. It was a joke...perhaps a pathetic attempt at a joke but who said he was a stand up comic? Yes, it was in poor taste but his English accent it does not indicate that he is cultured or refined or sensitive to others. But the bottom line is...it was a joke. If he says he is sorry he gets to join Mel and his ilk. Sometimes it is good to know your opponent by his own admissions. Now you know his true nature. It was more repugnant when he said stock options were worthless.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The bottom line is that this guy is a lightweight and always has been. He succeeded at BMS because Dolan surrounded himself with a bunch of idiots with poor values and no character. Dolan didn't want to be threatened. It's all coming full circle now. To Hooper and the rest of those clowns who are in key positions at BMS- the clock is running out.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're right, time to move on. It is funny to note that if YOU or I said something similar, we would be disciplined -who knows, maybe he'll make a joke about Black History Month.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's so funny how everyone starts attacking when their job is getting ready to be at stake. Those jobs you love to bitch about are about to become so important..........again. Let the back stabbing begin.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is nothing funny about a Sr. VP making a joke at patient's expense, he's a bastard and everyone needs to know. You and others can say it's not important or people are being bitter, but his hypocrisy is only a shadow of how he views every other thing at BMS. You don't have to like the facts, but they are the facts. Next time you stand up in front of a group of BMS employees, why don't you make fun of Hooper's cardiac problems and see what happens to you?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is shocking! I can tell from the tone of your message, that you and your family have truely been affected by mental illness. Hey good luck to that... "family member" wink wink.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Denver, Co. 3/12/2006 Leadership Meeting.

Tony Hooper while addressing the leadership team made the following joke:

"I have two mics on this morning -so you'll hear both of me. We have alot of patients on Ablilify and we talk to both of them all the time."

Hooper is boorish, insensitive, uncaring, hypocritical and most of all just a plain liar. Shadow of the leader!!!! Boy, you don't hear that from our esteemed senior management much anymore do you?

Come on you ass kissing kool-aid drinkers, write me back and say how Hooper's remarks don't matter. You idiots.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No koolaid here, Hooper is a loser, this just proves it.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys are way too sensitive.