Greg Besase as Vice President, Dermatology

Discussion in 'Merz Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Jul 2, 2013 at 11:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GREENSBORO, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 02, 2013--
    Merz North America (U.S. affiliate of Merz Pharma Group) today announced the appointment of Greg Besase as Vice President, Dermatology effective immediately. Besase joined Merz in December 2012 as Director of Marketing, Dermatology and has served as the interim head of the U.S. Dermatology Business Unit since February 2013.

In his new role as Vice President, U.S. Dermatology, Besase is responsible for Merz's growing dermatology business unit in the U.S., including the recently approved product Naftin(R) 2% Gel, which will be available to physicians nationwide in the fall of 2013.

"Greg has already proven himself capable of driving growth and innovation within both our dermatology business and our company as a whole. Since joining Merz, he has successfully led his team through both product approvals and product launches. He brings a wealth of experience in developing and commercializing dermatology products, and we are extremely pleased that he has agreed to take on the responsibilities of Vice President, U.S. Dermatology," said Bill Humphries, president & CEO of Merz North America.

Prior to joining Merz, Greg worked for Stiefel, a GSK Company, for nine years. Greg held several positions with Stiefel including the Head of US Dermatology Marketing, Global Commercial Lead, Sr. Product Manager (US), and District Sales Trainer. Prior to Stiefel, he worked for ITS Technologies, Inc. as a Regional Manager and later as a Business Development & Territory Manager. Prior to ITS Technologies, Inc., Greg also held sales & marketing management roles with Advanced Programming Resources, Inc. and AIM Executive, Inc. Greg brings over 19 years of sales and marketing experience to his role as head of Merz's Dermatology business unit.

Greg earned his Bachelor's degree in Business Administration from the University of Toledo in Toledo, Ohio. He is based in Merz's North American headquarters in Greensboro, North Carolina.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know how Greg B performed at Stiefel

3. Danny S.

Danny S. Guest

He was a sales representative and a marketing associate at Steifel. However, he has a degree from the distinguished University of Toledo. Sounds like perfect qualifications for a VP role.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Logic says if the Neurology VP is qualified, anyone is qualified.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Repeat after me:

LACK OF VISION

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Holy s&%t! This is hilarious! Absolutely no qualifications for any VP level job, much less a marketing role. What training does he have in marketing? A bachelors degree and a run through Steifel? That's it? Wow, what a bush league pharma company.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What would you have done or do different? You're in management now, what constructive are you gong to do?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen my man, I have a track record the speaks for itself. In addition to my professional experience, I got off of my ass and went to work to gain further academic experience also. That's the difference - Greg has done none of the above. He has simply followed the coattails of Bill and others. How bad must he feel if he ever finds himself amongst true marketing leaders.

I can hear the conversation now...

"So Greg, what's your academic background?".....silence

"Okay, well a bach degree is fine, so Greg what about c-suit professional experience?".....silence

"So Greg, exactly how did you get your current job?....uh...um....

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With our hiring Bill H, Greg B, Dann S, and Michelle B from Stiefel I look forward to seeing Stiefel's quarterly/YTD results based on their performance.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hartman is also former Stiefel and I hear 2 more people are coming as well.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mail cart? I doubt you are even qualified for that job.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Greg.....stop posting on CP. You sir, are an idiot!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would the two of you please stop!?!? Find something else to do. Neither one of you are funny. Probably the same person posting and replying. Get a life you loser!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Me again. I made a mistake. I meant to say that my dad worked at 8 different McDonalds restaurants. He just worked his way up to the Drive-thru manager position in the latest move. If does well at this job, he could eventually become a shift manager.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just read the Stiefel site. We are being led my Ronald McDonald and Wimpy. So maybe they can work at your eight stores - at least they can't do any harm at merz.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every new person was Stiefel except in Neuro since everyone hates CS.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bill is crap and expect to see bad acquisition after bad acquisition. What everyone knows is that no one will buy a Bill led company. such a loser

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am an outsider. I have been in the industry a long time mainly in sales and middle management. But I felt like I needed to respond to this idiot. Here's how it goes: We hired a lot of good sales reps over the years with all kinds of bachelors degrees we didn't care what the degree was as long as they had one and a few years of great sales results. Then if that person succeeded they might get promoted. Then if they succeeded in that role more opportunities would follow. I have known several great CEO's in the pharma industry and non of them care about college degree or grades after the person has had 15 - 20 years of successful pharma experience/positions etc... do you have an MBA and feel like you were over looked? Promotions don't just go to those with MBA's or other kinds of master degrees they went to those who had experience and the leaders know they can be trusted to get the job done. I find it comical for anyone to be bringing up college at this point in ones career.
    My guess is you are one of the MBA people that puts that on your B-card. By the way anyone can get an MBA now a days no big deal dime a dozen.

I know the stupid response that will follow - ok Greg thanks for the response but this is not Greg.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

An extremely intelligent response to a moronic post from 'an outsider.' Thank you for posting a reasonable and appropriate response to this fool.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest