Clarient - how is it going?

Discussion in 'Clarient' started by Anonymous, May 1, 2011 at 2:18 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know how the Clarient integration is going?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's too early to tell. There's some friction between Ronnie A and Mike P, and there's only room for so much overhead now that GE is calling the shots.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whatever is happening, expect that GE wins any battles. They will bring in their own people and push out the folks that built the company in the trenches, on the cheap. The big shots will, of course, walk out with their golden parachutes.

And remember, molecular diagnostics is why GE bought Amersham. With little, if any, results in that market since.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who posts this garbage? Mike P is long gone already so how can there be friction between those two?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was surprised to see that Clarient had shown up on the boards here. I don't think it figures much in the overall strategy going forward but it has some useful technology that could be used elsewhere. My take is that they have x years and y million dollars to do something significant, otherwise it will just be folded into other operations. It's a shame really, the company looked to be quite interesting a few years ago.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My understanding is that analysts were told that cost cutting measures will be taken before Q3. Looks like moderate layoffs and a streamlining of new product offerings, which makes sense in the overall scheme of things. A "leaner, meaner" Clarient will have a greater chance of survival in the GE empire, so I'd say this is a good thing.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In other words, the folks that built Clarient (ie, sales people, quality workers) will be gone. GE will install their robot-a-trons from their many "management training programs" in to gut the rest of the company.

But don't worry. The insiders will get their golden parachutes and big payoffs.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More importantly.... Does anyone know who the hottest rep is there?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not much is going on except spending our time killing uslabs and genzyme, working a few days a week, then coming back next week and doing it again. Thanks for paying for my vacation this year genzyme, you guys are a joke.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of all Pellini is long gone...Thank god. With him at the reign it would have been twenty-five years before anyone made any decisions on new technology. Since he left the changes have been UNBELIEVABLE!! All good all good.

This company will crush everyone out there. Oh and stop dreaming that there are Layoffs, etc. I can tell you the company will be twice its size by this time next year.

WE WILL DOMINATE!!!

If we are so bad and working for GE is so bad why is half of Genzymes West Coast Lab now at Clarient. Huh huh huh tell me please, I want to know.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because you are the new fair-haired boy on the block. You get two years to get your shit together, then its nut-cutting time....trust me from a Amersham man......

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It has been close to a year since the acquisition, how has it been going with GE? Have they begun to slash the slackers?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh Clarient, Oh clarient!!

We hear NeoGenomics is kicking your ASS. Just wait until the end of Q1, when Neo offers all the great new tests they have developed and shows off all the new equipment they purchased. You will be to busy going...duh what happened...duh...NEO!!?!! Kicked our ass...MOMMMYYY!!!

Then GE will wake up and go, what have we done? Your all FIRED...

Signed another:

The Amersham Man

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Eh....Good, maybe bad, maybe not so good, maybe very good...

Dont know yet.

check back in Jan 2013 and if I am still here I will let you know..

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GE took Clarient and transferred a moron babe as a project manager too. Wow she manages medical diagnostics R &D without knowing definitions like enzymes and cofactors. She talks science to MD and PhDs with 20 years of experience. Why GE keeps unqualified, scientifically unrelated dumb-heads with no professional experience as project leaders. If someone has good connections in GE even an imbecile can become project manager. If these are the managerial practices of GE top brass, in Medical sciences patients will be victims, in Nuclear technology- countries will become victims, in aeronautics -airlines and passengers will be the victims.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you sound jealous!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jealous? Nonsense! She is NOT a distinguished professor, nor a high caliber medical researcher. Good for nothing. A typical example of managment disaster. Such cronies are rather pestilence to science.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who are you talking about? DB?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DHH