Why don't Job Shares get respect?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Mar 31, 2014 at 7:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. Of course you keep your pension but no further contributions are made by the company.
    2. You start with a fresh, lower pay scale

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guessed right....the very people who need the pension lose the ability to grow their often, teeny, tiny retirement acorn. Then, another wallop. Lower pay so you can't squirrel a penny away? Truth is, for a lot of folks in high co$t parts of the country, or having other large financial responsibilities it probably won't be a win.

Guess we'll see what happens...or hear about it from those who are chosen and who remain.

BTW..........is this for all reps and ctls.....or just some? I guess, no.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think this is why mark Timney left. He knew the changes would be painful and couldn't stand to watch.

Sad.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They should get more respect. They're pay is more in line with what they deserve. Even it is way too high, though. Serving lunch doesn't require much intellect.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why not take each territory as a whole and look at the lowest ranked reps. If both job shares rank higher than others on the team they would likely boot the bottom feeders and place the job shares in to the open full time slots. Doubtful from an hr perspective that they would just get rid of half of every share, especially if others in the territory were poor performers. Duh!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha. "We don't want the responsibility of working full time but the want the responsibility of a LER" Who is the DCO that approved this? Oh yeah, right, it was Mark Stevens. Figures. Senseless.....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boo ya, changes coming as soon as Thursday of this week. You will see you fools! Not to worry, shares are off this week on diaper-kiddie doodie. They can catch up next week.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Attention job shares: take this week and the next off, you deserve it. We know you have been overworked stuffing easter baskets and carting your kids around. In short order your bloated jobs will be given to contract. Now go bake some cookies and do some housecleaning while on Merck's dime. I feel sorry for the SOB ctl's who hired and support this farce. You have dropped a few rungs in the butchers eyes. And how many Merck people were at the Gilead event today? Tons, everyone wants out of this toxic dump.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you see the expose in this months working mums mag? A Mrk job share spills the beans about gaming the company. She also brought home food from lunches for her family. Truly pathetic just like job shares.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BS. Post a link or go away

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Timney was a major douche. Only in it for personal glory, could have cared less about lowly employees. The guy never met a mirror he didn't love.
    As for job shares, the days of entitlement are over, i.e. "I can't start on territory before 9 as I have to drop the kiddo's at school" or "I can't go to a 3:30 p.m. cluster meeting, I have to pick my kids up". Words heard from our very own LER job shares. AND yes, they both won the VP Premier award last year and took their sorry sacks of spouse with 'em.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

J shares are the worst, time for them to go ba bye. Cya

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No way, 4 got to take the trip for 1 flippen job? I am going to Cabo next month with my spouse and demand 4 tickets if this statement is true. Can anyone confirm 4 people go on the trip in a job share vp award situation? If this is actually true I will file a complaint with hr. A win is a win so simply allow the two shares to go, share a room-bed and have at it. Just another example of Mrk bending over and wasting $'s for this clown show.

Is this true?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shares are a waste, stay home, it is what you do best. Work ethic? Naaaaa

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure about number 3? Shares seem to be on vaca at the same time leaving others to pick up the slack. I believe this entire post has struck a cord with five thousand reads. Finally these positions are being exposed for the farce they are. These jobs should be an hourly wage only at best.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't tell you how many shares won the Cabo trip this year. I can tell you it will be a crappy trip as most shares will get pink slips 2.5 weeks prior to the Mexican rendezvous with Riads Jihad. Ha ha ha, he, he, he.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No wonder your company is in the dinasaur age. Cannot believe you have people sharing a pharma sales job.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we all know plenty of full time reps that are worthless and have excuse after excuse as to why they can't meet at 8 am or 3:30. Plenty full time that work 10-2. Let's hope the op wasn't one of the job shares who won the Cabo trip. Obviously not too bright to open this can of worms!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aww it seems the moms are upset about the truths in all the threads. And how many shares are on territory today? I bet zero. Way to stick it to your team and company, so sad.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aww it seems the moms are upset about the truths in all the threads. And how many shares are on territory today? I bet zero. Way to stick it to your team and company, so sad.