WP - they took our trash cans

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jan 2, 2014 at 3:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's how cheap this turd of a company is.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome to RY circa 5 years ago! Walk to the break area to toss your trash. Wait until the smell hits you a few mornings from now making your coffee or putting your lunch in the fridge.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, we have a "minican" to keep garbage on our desks. Fits in perfectly with our work product.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So if there a community trash can?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true! They keep cutting cleaning expenses! They rather have hundreds of people running to community garbage cans vs having 1 minimum wage person collect trash at night.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

gathering at the trash can is the new "water cooler" event!

what a sign of the times

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like yet another 6-sigma success.

To keep the rotting garbage down, bringing in some roaches, mice and/or rats and letting them loose would help a good deal.

Be Well, all.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it couldn't get worse the Nor'easter will postpone trash pickup. Ugh.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The thing I hate most about it is that they didn't tell us about it first. Walk in the morning after break and wonder where your trash can is... communication is wanting!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I eat lunch having to deal with fruit flies. Company is the worst! I never heard of a place that charges a quarter for a cup of nasty ass office coffee

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First they came for the coffee, then they took away the water, and now they took away the trash cans. Now they're forcing our "floating" holidays on certain days and prob changing the severance package for us losers left here.
    I wish I would have rose my hand last round. This place is absolutely depressing.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The cafeteria at Rahway is depressing. Used to have white chicken meat for stir fry... Now they use the dark fatty part.

I chomped into a hamburger and it felt like I was chewing a rubber dog toy.

FU MERCK!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes -- it's shocking that no message went out telling us who was taking credit for this level of economizing. (Like when they removed all of the desk side printers in UG in favor of central printers -- didn't someone get an award for that?)

Even more mysterious -- for those that made it in on Friday, a few small trashcans reappeared. Now if they would only turn on the heat….

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come to Whitehouse and it's even worse were they wait three days or until the garbage is overflowing, which ever comes first, and you have to deal with the smell and "critters." The better part is that the bathroom on the second floor has a constant puddle of water under the toilet.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to disagree. The bathrooms are aren't better or worse (they were never that clean to begin with), but at least now they're "cleaned" for 1/4 the price. Some of those union folks were being paid a small fortune to push a broom & mop around. There's really no skills required for the task, certainly not enough to justify the cost.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They removed water coolers and added aquafina vending machines. This place utterly sucks! The level of cheapness is crazy.

All for kens 15 percent merit increase.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's amazing how clean the bathroom stay when there's so few employees left to use them!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL Well Ken did say merck needs to diversify product lines I guess vending machines counts right?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now Merck is charging employees for the kook-aid? Genius!