Vaccines

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Nov 6, 2013 at 12:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some of our best medical directors are proactively leaving the company. Anyone have any news on what will happen to the vaccine division?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please..who are your best medical directors...then we'll is leaving...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have not been told anything of a timeline or reorg count , structure...I get the feeling it will be in the 1st quarter 2014. I think they finally realize Zostavax is somewhat of a seasonal vaccine. I would like any good insight as to what is coming down..

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vaccine HSC's gone by June. Will keep a select few with md's phd's or pharm d's. Document everything. I also heard the hsc debacle has senior management in a pickle. Appears they are willing to settle a large suit. Several hsc's in other divisions to pocket 2-3 million after fees/taxes and they get the package & retirement. Wholly crap! What the H is going on? Heard it is the division they suddenly pulled hsc's off of in spring. All were brought into hq along with reps, Timney & all the top brass. Put those hsc's on another assignment with disease awareness and recently told them they are gone 4-1. How many in this division? Why all the legal holds? Cease and assist? Fda and Oig interviews? People called in again today? Once settled will M Timney or Riad be fired? Just another mess that will cost Merck $. Sounds like B Mcmahon was brought in for damage control. Fitting that he was forced out of DC during this course of events. Feds are all over this one. J n J just paid a huge fine for the same situation. Msl's over there walked with 5.5 each. I want out of sales and into one of these settlement hsc jobs. Any vaccine hsc openings even if short lived? Hook me up!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will try to find out from hubby's group.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the word on the Vaccine reps and the PSAEs? Any news?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Coming to a webcast near you 11.26.13...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Total annihilation of vaccine & hospital 1q-14. Packages ending, get out now!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I call bullish!t. Ken Frazier always talks about the success of vaccines and how vaccines is a core business to Merck so I seriously doubt a total annihilation of vaccines will occur. There may be some changes but nothing as dramatic as the person above quoted.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree.. There appears to be changes coming but not the wiping out of that division. It would be productive to just announce to cuts and date....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

50% cut in hospital field sales, 35% in vaccine field sales. Includes all bands (500, 400 and below). Also, only 6-8 national hsc's left by 2q. Field dco's are unaware as Roger P will blindside with the usual 24hr mandatory tele notice. Look around in all areas of MRK. PC field sales to feel impact after 1q earnings. Thousands still on the block. Lord help us.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hospital reduction of 50% seems very reasonable. Everyone in this division would agree that should have been done about 3 years ago. We may have suggested it had anyone asked. You could eliminate every manager within hospital and never miss their absence. The role of the business manager across the industry is an unnecessary layer. Put a couple good auditors in place to spot check representative for expense accuracy and field presence, and let us fly! We've been solely responsible for mentoring our young for years. Everything of importance has been delegated to the rep level by a manager for the past 10 years. You've delegated yourselves out of a job.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what timeiine do you hear for the Vaccine Div. reductions?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

does the 35% reduction in vaccines include PSAE's and newly created pharmacy sales force? It seems that as a division, we are spread pretty thin in many territories and cannot see how a 35% would help sales, but rather decrease sales.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why do you guys always rush to believe the negative stuff? There is not going to be a 35% cut in the vax division as much as you appear to want to believe so. I swear to god, i have never seen such a bunch of lemmings when it comes to negativity. You are spread thin and i hate to disappoint you but you are in a growth division, so suck it up and enjoy employment for the time being. if you are looking for a lifetime promise - start your own business

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In a meeting today. 35% vacc cuts at a minimum. Affects any position in field. Could be up to 40%.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When will it be effective? Before the end of the year?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oklahoma calls BS

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Single source, competitive lock-in contracts, are driving decisions. Sorry to say slices will be at least 1/3.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When do you say these cuts will be coming?